• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

PBM announces Broc Parkes for 2014

Started by SwarleyRuiz, December 12, 2013, 01:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwarleyRuiz

Paul Bird Motorsport has announced that it will be contesting the MotoGP™ World Championship with Michael Laverty in 2014 on Aprilia machinery, with the Ulsterman joined by Australian Broc Parkes.

Laverty will continue for a second year in MotoGP™ where he will be joined by Parkes on-board the team's PBM Aprilias.

Laverty ended his debut season in the MotoGP™ World Championship in 25th overall with a best result of 13th at Jerez. Parkes, meanwhile, is a former runner-up in the World Supersport Championship and raced a Kawasaki for the PBM team in World Superbikes in 2009.

Michael Laverty

"We learned so much in year one that I'm delighted Paul has continued his involvement with MotoGP™ and that he's given me the opportunity to continue with the project. Everyone has told me that year two is much easier so the aim is to put into place what we have learned and to raise our game accordingly. The class is going to be a lot tougher with the new production bikes but our aim is to consistently score points."

Broc Parkes

"Firstly, I'd like to say a massive thanks to Paul Bird for the opportunity to work with his team once again; I'm really looking forward to it. This is the premier class and it's every rider's dream to race in MotoGP™. I know this is going to be a tough season but I'm certainly up for the challenge, I can't wait to get started."

Paul Bird, Team Owner

"We've done a lot of spade work in MotoGP™ over the past two seasons so the plan is to build on that and work with our partners and Michael and Broc are very capable of delivering!"

http://www.motogp.com/en/
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.