• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:54 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride -through penalty

Started by Napalm Nick, May 21, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Ride-through given for jump start :

Can't seem to figure what is and what isn't working with ride-through penalties:  :-\

+ 20 second penalty is given for jump Start but also a Ride-through?   :(

You get a pit-in board every lap even if you take a ride-through  >:(

You don't seem to get a DSQ if you take a ride-through.  :)

Knowing where the speed limit starts is a something to learn at each track.  ::)

I appreciate ride-throughs aren't exactly a priority issue but I would like to be able to work out how to address them as it stands in races now.

Any thoughts?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Ohhh and meant to say a HUGE problem:

When you take your ride-through penalty it doesn't always count the lap!

So the total penalty might be +20 seconds, a ride through, and an extra lap hahaha.

Twid harsh
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

yea nick, tested the same some minutes ago. ride through is not working.

HornetMaX

Which track ? It could be the track has a bad finish line (not extending into the pit area).

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Yes I did think the same Max I was using Snetterton for the test.

Maybe Valencia is better? What did you use JJ?

JJS209

HornetMaX

Rule #1 of testing: use Victoria :)

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 21, 2015, 11:53:59 AM
Yes I did think the same Max I was using Snetterton for the test.

Maybe Valencia is better? What did you use JJ?

And by Valencia I mean the other Valencia - Victoria  :P

LOOPATELI

In Sbk Champ there was a ride through penalty and it was solved entering pits, so the problem is on tracks modding

LOOPATELI

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 21, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

+20 is probably because you cut some chicanes in monza, if you jump start you only get ride through , no time penalization

Napalm Nick

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 21, 2015, 12:25:58 PM
In Sbk Champ there was a ride through penalty and it was solved entering pits, so the problem is on tracks modding

Having just tested at Victoria I would agree - there was no time penalty and the ride-through cleared once it had been completed.

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 21, 2015, 12:27:53 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 21, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

+20 is probably because you cut some chicanes in monza, if you jump start you only get ride through , no time penalization

I didn't race at Monza but was just testing at Snetterton but now all is clear.

At Snetterton I was given a +20 because, in effect, I hadn't taken a ride-through because it wasn't detected - proven by the fact I had to complete another lap.

Conclusion - Track Modders need to take the Start Line into consideration when designing to ensure it extends across the pit lane.

PS: I know nothing about track modding (yet) so modders please don't shoot me for egg sucking lessons  ;)

I would dearly love Mallory Park checked out if anyone has the time or inclination. <begging emo>

Thanks to all involved in this bug check

HornetMaX

One check is very easy to do, if the finish line is supposed to cross the pit lane (for some tracks, that's not the case, the finish line being somewhere else on the track): exit the pits and complete the 1st lap. On the 2nd lap go in the pit lane and ride till the exit, back on track: if the lap time stops, then the finish line is correctly placed (it extends in the pit lane). If it doesn't, Huston has a problem.

Notice however that other things could go wrong: the pit entry/exit lines for example (even the naming of the textures).

All this can be checked in TrackEd (maybe not the textures, can't remember).

MaX.

Hawk

May 21, 2015, 02:34:34 PM #12 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:37:15 PM by Hawk UK
I will take a look at Mallory Park(1978 I presume?) as soon as I have time mate.....

This was my first Track Mod that I updated, many moons ago now, so it's very possible that the start/finish line does not extend into the pit lane. I also have a gap in one of the barriers on the outside of the "Esses" to close up too. In the meantime if you know of or find any further problems with "Mallory 1978" then let me know as soon as possible please mate.  ;D

Hawk.
PS: If you can make a list of the tracks, particularly the circuits that have good track surfaces, that are causing similar problems I'll do my best to update as soon as I can given I have the source 3D files of course..

As far as the NC tracks, it would be best to contact Noss69 about any changes to those tracks. ;)

Napalm Nick

Yes good idea I will check Mallory and others as we use them, save Hawk some of his valuable time. 
Thank you both.

Hawk

I've just checked Mallory Park 1978 S/F line and it does cross correctly into the pit lane entry road, so the laps should be registering when going through the pits.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: Max. You can view the different surfaces but TrackED doesn't actually show the surface definition names, ie: TRKASPH, etc, etc.