• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:48:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Trackmodding questions (solved)

Started by JJS209, June 01, 2015, 12:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJS209

June 01, 2015, 12:46:51 PM Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:00:23 PM by JJS209
hello everybody,
i try around with trackmodding now and there are some problems that i have now:

at first the tracksurface is reflecting the tree's as u see in the screenshots, i think its also tranparent.. i made the road.tga to a non alpha channel image. i am not very good at this grafic- and imagethings ;)
secondly there are no shadows of the bike and the rider, also tyremarks are not coming up to the surface.
can somehome help and tell me what i do need to change?
do i need to rename the road-object? now its just TRKASPH_obj_x.

screen000.jpg
screen001.jpg
Hengelo_V0.4b Download

cheers
jan

Hawk

June 01, 2015, 04:08:01 PM #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:10:19 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: JJS209 on June 01, 2015, 12:46:51 PM
hello everybody,
i try around with trackmodding now and there are some problems that i have now:

at first the tracksurface is reflecting the tree's as u see in the screenshots, i think its also tranparent.. i made the road.tga to a non alpha channel image. i am not very good at this grafic- and imagethings ;)
secondly there are no shadows of the bike and the rider, also tyremarks are not coming up to the surface.
can somehome help and tell me what i do need to change?
do i need to rename the road-object? now its just TRKASPH_obj_x.

screen000.jpg
screen001.jpg
Hengelo_V0.4b Download

cheers
jan

Hi Jan.

Yeah that is weird the trees reflecting on the track surface like that.

I can't really pinpoint the problem properly with just the track files, so if you can send the source files to me... Preferably in FBX 2011 format, 2010(make sure you have the export media checkbox checked) will do. Or .max or .3ds if you can't do that. With the materials(texture file folder) file too please and I'll have a look at it for you.

Hawk.

JJS209

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on June 01, 2015, 08:50:27 PM
Hengelo_V0.5 Download
Hengelo_V0.5 files Download

hope u can help me ;)

Thanks Jan.... I'll have a look and see what I can do mate. I'll get back to you A.S.A.P.  ;)

Hawk.

JJS209

hmm maybe it is because i did not match the terrain correctly to the trackedges?
so when there is some room between the textures of the track and the gras the textures behind that reflect in that way??  :-\
i should be more accurate  :-[

JJS209

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on June 02, 2015, 12:44:48 AM
hmm maybe it is because i did not match the terrain correctly to the trackedges?
so when there is some room between the textures of the track and the gras the textures behind that reflect in that way??  :-\
i should be more accurate  :-[

You'd have to have a very big gap for the tree textures to show through like that and also there would have to be a big percentage of the tree below the surface too.
But what looks like a reflection off the road surface your getting there is very weird.  :o

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on June 02, 2015, 12:56:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/v/rkfada_Ugq0
Hengelo_V0.6b Download
was trying around with materials aphla filters but no results

Yeah... I tried that myself, but like you said, no difference.

First time I've come across anything like that.... Have you considered that you may have actually found a BUG?
BTB does some weird things, that is why I won't touch it accept for creating a track surface template that I can recreate in Maya.

Hawk.

Hawk

The other thing I tried was removing the trees as collidable named objects(as you have the trees named as WLLCONC), but again no difference.

Hawk.

janaucarre

I note that trees have this name in 3ds:
CK_TREE_TRKGRAS_...

i corrected it and renamed the tree texture in CK_TREE_...
nothing changed
i will try other possobilities

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on June 02, 2015, 01:52:24 PM
I note that trees have this name in 3ds:
CK_TREE_TRKGRAS_...

i corrected it and renamed the tree texture in CK_TREE_...
nothing changed
i will try other possobilities

Janau.... I noticed in the mesh that there are many normals pointing in wrong direction too, but BTB mesh is a mess, so didn't bother even trying to correct this.

Hawk.
PS: I also think there are double surfaces too which won't help.

JJS209

Reflect Testrack + files Download

so there is no overlapping mesh and the problem still occures when go on the side of the track and look over to a treeline when tarmac is in the lane of view.

janaucarre

i finally found the solution:
all the textures used have been generated with alpha channel, and only trees need alpha channel
hiiiiiiiihaaaaaas

Hawk

June 02, 2015, 02:45:07 PM #13 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:46:56 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: janaucarre on June 02, 2015, 02:41:14 PM
i finally found the solution:
all the textures used have been generated with alpha channel, and only trees need alpha channel
hiiiiiiiihaaaaaas

What you like JJ! I told you about that first thing... You said you altered them to non alpha! Lol  ::) ;D

I never thought to check that again myself...... Nice job Janau!  ;) ;D 8)

Hawk.

JJS209

i said i tryed ;) totaly photoshop and imagenoob :O