• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:35:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Replay option to cycle through riders in track position...

Started by CapeDoctor, June 01, 2015, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi all
i hope this hasn't been asked already, did a search and didn't find anything on it, so if it has, please excuse this and delete it.
as the title suggests, it would be nice to have the option to be able to cycle through riders in their actual track positions during replays, as opposed to the current setup where it seems to cycle through starting positions?
as i'm currently waiting a rebuilt gaming rig, and meanwhile contenting myself with watching replays on my crappy online rig, i figure this would be a nicer way to be able to cycle through riders, especially for those aspiring movie-makers, lol - it's just makes more 'continuity sense', for want of a better description - currently it's a bit hap-hazard, as you cycle through riders it's all over the show, relative to the starting/joining position.
so, yeah, that's my first little wish - no train smash if it's too tricky to implement, but would be nice.
thanks for reading.  8)

BOBR6 84

You can do that but im not sure if you can without dragging up the menu first?
I think most just flick through each rider, record it and then piece it all together with another program.. But. Thats just a guess! Id like to find out more about this stuff myself.

Napalm Nick

Yes Cape I agree its another nice thing to have.

Would make the moovies a lot easier and just watching the replays much nicer.

One for the polish list.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on June 01, 2015, 07:01:02 PM
hi all
i hope this hasn't been asked already, did a search and didn't find anything on it, so if it has, please excuse this and delete it.
as the title suggests, it would be nice to have the option to be able to cycle through riders in their actual track positions during replays, as opposed to the current setup where it seems to cycle through starting positions?
as i'm currently waiting a rebuilt gaming rig, and meanwhile contenting myself with watching replays on my crappy online rig, i figure this would be a nicer way to be able to cycle through riders, especially for those aspiring movie-makers, lol - it's just makes more 'continuity sense', for want of a better description - currently it's a bit hap-hazard, as you cycle through riders it's all over the show, relative to the starting/joining position.
so, yeah, that's my first little wish - no train smash if it's too tricky to implement, but would be nice.
thanks for reading.  8)

Right Shift + Add: next rider on track
Right Shift + Subtract: previous rider on track

More controls are listed pressing the '?' button in the bottom left corner of the replay page.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

CapeDoctor

Hi Mr PiBoSo, my apologies for the slow reply - i think you misunderstand my request -
i know how to cycle through next/previous rider, the thing i will like to see improved is that it cycles in a sequential manner, so for example; first cycle position 1, then position 2 then 3, etc...and vice versa in reverse. this should be in track/race position.
at the moment, it is not in track/race position, and if you cycle through riders, you will have position 3, then position 6, then 2, etc.... it is following the sequence of joining the session, maybe? but it is not in race position sequence, which makes it a little confusing.
as i said, it's no big deal, really, just one of those 'would be nice' requests, lol.
just thought i should try to explain it better, as many are missing my actual point. ;)