• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Who uses Traction Control?

Started by Vini, June 01, 2015, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use any TCS on SBK or MotoGP bikes?

Yes
15 (62.5%)
No
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Vini

It will be interesting to see if they will use less traction control in the next few years when they have more fuel in MotoGP.

Maybe we will see them slide a bit more like in the early 2000s.

In my opinion, all bikes in GP Bikes are more ridable without TCS (not just the bikes with more progressive rear tyre physics).

Vini

I am also looking forward to the spec ECU for MotoGP in 2016 (or was it 2017?).

Currently, a big reason why the small teams are slower than the factory teams is because they don't have the fancy electronics to use the engine as efficiently possible.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on June 02, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Sep/120918mq2s.htm

Now here's one guy that knows what he's talking about and what is needed to bring MotoGP back to solely man and machine racing like it used to be in the classic years.....

Nice one Stoner!!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Warlock

Lol, ...a real man  ;D
I though so you will like his words hahah

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on June 03, 2015, 12:23:30 AM
Lol, ...a real man  ;D
I though so you will like his words hahah

Hehe..... Absolutely. I always had the impression that Stoner was a real racer at heart with the way he used to ride that Honda and Ducati. His statements made my day!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

C21

June 03, 2015, 06:47:18 AM #20 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:55:58 AM by C21
QuoteYou really think the sample rate is too low?
QuoteIn GPB I think the 990 handles alot better (more stable) without TC.. Seems too agressive cutting in/out..
That´s what i wanted to say.....TC too agressive on standart setting.
It can be done better....i´ve worked on the TC at my SC59 mod in B4b and so i can say that the TC cuts too harsh. ;)

The video of the Duc is nice :-)
But every manufacturer uses his own TC setting and software.
And every rider has a different riding style....
Look at the M1 video....do you hear the TC cutting in? Not really. Did it mean the rider was riding without TC? Not really  ;)
Configurung the TC (in real life) software is not that easy as it seems to be.....

QuoteCurrently, a big reason why the small teams are slower than the factory teams is because they don't have the fancy electronics to use the engine as efficiently possible.
There is a lot more why the smaller teams are slower but the Magneti Marelli Open class ECU is a big step backward compared to the factory software and ECU, yes.
Hopefully in 2016 the grid is closer at the end of the race when only one MGP ECU is used and all teams have the same software.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

-aGy-

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 02, 2015, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on June 02, 2015, 07:43:49 PM
In answer to your second paragraph: That also begs the question that if the bikes are rideable without TC then why on earth do they have it?
Simply because with it they can go faster.

MaX.

so why in this game you can go faster without tc?

C21

June 03, 2015, 08:10:57 AM #22 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:12:39 AM by C21
Quoteso why in this game you can go faster without tc?
because the riders have the skills  ;D

and the TC (in the basic setting (not modded)) cuts in too harsh and kill the laptime and forward acceleration.

you can accelerate faster:
TC off, gently throttle opening , no or minor slip on the rear and a constant lift of the front wheel -> better stability of the bike
than
TC on, harsh opening of the throttle, rear slides out, lift gets the front wheel up, TC and AW cuts in, time loss.... -> instability of the bike

HornetMaX

Quote from: -aGy- on June 03, 2015, 07:38:40 AM
In answer to your second paragraph: That also begs the question that if the bikes are rideable without TC then why on earth do they have it?
Because it's a game. Because TC implementation in GPB may not be as good as a real life TC (especially a motogp one). Because in GPB you don't die when you lowside at 200Kmh.

I can go on for half a day with the list but I guess the point is clear :)

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 03, 2015, 09:03:29 AM
Because it's a game. Because TC implementation in GPB may not be as good as a real life TC (especially a motogp one). Because in GPB you don't die when you lowside at 200Kmh.

MaX.
Not being afraid to crash is a great speed boost :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 03, 2015, 09:12:01 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 03, 2015, 09:03:29 AM

MaX.
Not being afraid to crash is a great speed boost :P

This is the exact reason I advocate that if you crash during a race you out..... This would stop the kamakazi attitude and make riders a lot more weary of falling off just as in real life. I honestly think that the respawn in races is VERY arcady and doesn't belong in a sim game at all. Contraversial? Yes, but I guess only those who like games like RIDE would not like this at all?  :P ::)

But I would also stress that until we have bike physics that are very accurate and stable and track surfaces that allow for a stable ride I can understand the current need for respawn, but once GPB is fully developed I would certainly like to see the respawn in races dropped altogether to stop this gamey kamakazi rider attitude.

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

June 03, 2015, 10:24:30 AM #26 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:26:36 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Hawk UK on June 03, 2015, 10:06:49 AM
This is the exact reason I advocate that if you crash during a race you out..... This would stop the kamakazi attitude and make riders a lot more weary of falling off just as in real life. I honestly think that the respawn in races is VERY arcady and doesn't belong in a sim game at all. Contraversial? Yes, but I guess only those who like games like RIDE would not like this at all?  :P ::)

But I would also stress that until we have bike physics that are very accurate and stable and track surfaces that allow for a stable ride I can understand the current need for respawn, but once GPB is fully developed I would certainly like to see the respawn in races dropped altogether to stop this gamey kamakazi rider attitude.

100% my thoughts....

Btw, in beta5c I could ride a whole race without falling. GPB should aim at not allowing on-track respawns at all imo. Also, riding a modern-motogp-class bike in GPB without TC should be pretty much a suicide commando, just like irl. Otherwise the simulation needs improvement.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

LOOPATELI

If you want to be consistent and fast, definitely you need to use TC. As Sbk champ riders; I think we all use it. Its true that, at least I'm my case, when I'm using qualifying tires I use LESS TC, but never without TC.
About antiwheelie, I never use it at all in any bike. You loose a lot of time using it, it cuts everywhere

janaucarre

The tracks where i don't use tcs are the tracks where i go on the kerb, that's rare.
I you enable tcs and go on kerbs the bikes has bad reaction, because the rear wheel touch the ground, don't touch the ground, touch the ground and so and so and the tcs is calibrated to cut engine when rear wheel slides.
Now i use tcs for all bikes, on the other hand i didn't use it with older GPBikes version.

C21

QuoteThis is the exact reason I advocate that if you crash during a race you out..... This would stop the kamakazi attitude and make riders a lot more weary of falling off just as in real life. I honestly think that the respawn in races is VERY arcady and doesn't belong in a sim game at all. Contraversial? Yes, but I guess only those who like games like RIDE would not like this at all?  :P ::)

i disagree in that case.
like in real life it should depend on the damage on the bike.
If you have a lowside on a slow corner you should be able to pick up the bike and reenter the race (respawn).
At higher speeds (highside in 200km/H corne) the game should be finished  :)