• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Skinning Helmet - changes don't appear

Started by RIDER, June 06, 2015, 12:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDER

This is my 1st time making a skin for this game. Followed the guide for skinning, but when I make changes to an existing skin they don't show. I have started with beta6c default skin, arai template, and an arai competed skin. These load fine in game, and in the "painted" program when I unpack them.  After I PS them and open them in painted for repack, the skin preview is greyed out. Though in game the skin opens fine, but looks unedited.

matty0l215

Hi :)

Silly question but have you got the Aria helmet model installed?

And what are you naming the completed skin (the .tga file)?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RIDER

I assume you meant arai helmet model, and I do. Skins for it show up fine, so I assume it's installed right. The .tga file names I used were test, helmet-livery, and nakasuga.

Thanks

matty0l215

Quote from: RIDER on June 06, 2015, 07:36:17 PM
I assume you meant arai helmet model, and I do. Skins for it show up fine, so I assume it's installed right. The .tga file names I used were test, helmet-livery, and nakasuga.

Thanks

Helmet-livery is the right name

and your putting them in gpbikes\rider\helmets\Arai RX-7 GP\paints?

could you send a copy of the .pnt over to me and i'll have a look :)

RIDER

Files are named correctly.

Arai RX-7 GP solid blue helmet, change I made was some red scribbling.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw33AmnwCCbgX3kxWFVhblNaV1E/view?usp=sharing

matty0l215

I've had a look at the .pnt and i think i can see your problem, you've got the name of the .tga file wrong.

When you are saving your skin ready to pack into a .pnt file, you're naming your edited skin helmet-livery2

In the folder where you have got your .tga files, please move/delete all unwanted files and then re-export your template (the one you've edited) into that folder.

That should solve your issue ;D

I have made a tutorial, feel free to have a look and see if it helps at all :) HERE

And HERE is a copy of your helmet, but with the files name correctly, you can un-pack it and just write over them if you want  :)

RIDER

Ace! When I pack, a "save as" window comes up. Is this normal? I assumed this was to rename so as not to overwrite the original pnt. Not sure why you have an option to rename the file at that point if it ruins the packing.

Thank you very much, see you on track.

matty0l215

Quote from: RIDER on June 07, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Ace! When I pack, a "save as" window comes up. Is this normal? I assumed this was to rename so as not to overwrite the original pnt. Not sure why you have an option to rename the file at that point if it ruins the packing.

That's a windows thing :P So you don't got overwriting important documents ;D