• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:51:25 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

And we still don't have a proper controller for bikes ...

Started by HornetMaX, June 12, 2015, 07:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

absolutely unbelievable..... even the farmers have their own controller....
what does the electronics industry have against bikes?
surely the pc bike market is bigger than that of farm sim fans...?
after all,in the immortal words of that top gear guy, 'how hard can it be?'  ;D

Napalm Nick

That is so cool. Those lucky, lucky farmers! When the supermarkets finally put them all out of business at least they can still dive a Track'er.  Roll on VR scarecrow simulator with Rift support too.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Yeah... C'mon DD get your controller sorted and on the market and show these guys what a real motorbike controller is all about!  ;D ;D

How's things coming along with your controller DD? ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

June 12, 2015, 10:54:15 AM #4 Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:15:43 AM by doubledragoncc
Hi H. SORRY, but I put the Malaysian Technical University project on priority as they have a time table to keep to, but it has meant new and improved designs all round so its been worth it. Having my 3D printer broken by a roof worker and then getting assaulted by the asswipe set me back as had to fix the printer with no payment from the C***!

I am setting up with a Distributor in Malaysia for the Asian Market so it is important for me to get this done right for them first.

It has been well worth it though in the end and will have pics up soon and hope to release asap. I know you have been patient but it is hard trying to make it work on all games. I ran into a strange wall as I newly installed GP500 and it is not as it was. I had my old hard drive stolen back in the USA years ago and lost the original files I wrote for compatibility, so having to go through it all again as Im an old fart and forgot a lot of what I did lol. RIDE, MotoGP, SBK, ETC work fine but older games have controller issues.

I am doing my best, but its slow on a 0 budget right now. I NEED to sell some lol.

Anyone got any good links for free LeMans streaming this weekend?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 12, 2015, 10:54:15 AM
Hi H. SORRY, but I put the Malaysian Technical University project on priority as they have a time table to keep to, but it has meant new and improved designs all round so its been worth it. Having my 3D printer broken by a roof worker and then getting assaulted by the asswipe set me back as had to fix the printer with no payment from the C***!

I am setting up with a Distributor in Malaysia for the Asian Market so it is important for me to get this done right for them first.

It has been well worth it though in the end and will have pics up soon and hope to release asap. I know you have been patient but it is hard trying to make it work on all games. I ran into a strange wall as I newly installed GP500 and it is not as it was. I had my old hard drive stolen back in the USA years ago and lost the original files I wrote for compatibility, so having to go through it all again as Im an old fart and forgot a lot of what I did lol. RIDE, MotoGP, SBK, ETC work fine but older games have controller issues.

I am doing my best, but its slow on a 0 budget right now. I NEED to sell some lol.

DD

Lifes a real bitch sometimes and we cannot always do what we'd really like to due to other priorities.... But stick with it DD because I'm sure your onto a winner there mate!  ;D

Talking about live streaming..... I see they have closed down that last good site we had. I need to find another site now myself. I'll let you know if I find one mate!  ;)

Good luck luck DD!  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

THANKS Hawk, it means a lot to get some support. These 4 walls have become my prison lol. Will post some new pics asap, hopefully in next days.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 12, 2015, 10:54:15 AM

DD

Can't you get Eurosport FREE anywhere? I get Eurosport FREE with Virgin Media for only £100 a month  :P 
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

£100 a month is NOT free lol. I live on £33 a week grant right now and paying internet and phone is bad enough plus all other bills and the 3D printer just tripled my electricity bill (but it has been going round the clock lol)

I mean FREE FREE lol.

On the controller note, I tested it in Project cars and was so much better than a gamepad lol. In first person HOOD view it was like riding with no leaning lol.

DD

doubledragoncc

Just as a quick one here is the new standard desktop clamp-on bar unit. The mount allows you to put your keyboard on top of it while gaming. This is a pre production SPSS steering head as Im keeping it quiet until release, sorry. I am trying to make it take as little amount of space, be strong yet light enough for shipping. All systems are custom made to your specs, ie grips, levers blah blah but this is the stock components I use. Sorry but I love red and black lol.

You can see the MTE units that are used to convert cable action of stock controls to electrical output via Vishay potentiometers and are also sold for DIY use.

Just wanted to give a little while you asked.

DD

Napalm Nick

I think it looks great DD. I was surprised to see it is a full scale rather than a 'twiddy thing'  :).
Well done so far, switchgear also looks great.    ;)

Hawk

Looking good DD!!  ;D

I presume when you say made to customer specs, that would mean that I could have a clip-on handlebars road race version?  ;D

Would be great to see the rear brake a gear lever set up if possible?  ;) 8)

Yeah... the red is an acquired taste DD. Lol

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

For cost purposes the base system has no foot controls. You have to understand material costs and manufacturing by hand is very expensive. I wont make much to start with and it will just about cover costs and bills so I have to start small.

Naturally the basic games dont even have a clutch so the clutch lever would be used as rear brake by many any way. I am just starting to see and learn the true potential of 3D printing and hope to lower the costs and improve design. I plan on a full fly-by wire system to reduce costs and components but its just in the works.

When I say custom made to order, there are limitations to components or it would cost too much and take to long to design all new parts. The other bars I use sit like clip-ons but are not. Its time people started to realize you cant get a controller like this for the cost of a gamepad, it aint happening.

I also have to think about the younger people using a system and therefore compromises must be made. I will not build a system just for the real life bike rider, it has to be for everyone. Prices will not be cheap, but considering I use ll brand new original bike parts and that the print time alone for 3D parts is over 40hours! without cutting, grinding, welding and and and.

I can only do my best, but its hard with 0 budget to start something like this.

Oh well back to ye ol grind stone

DD

Hawk

I understand what your saying DD.  ;)

Just a thought.... Have you thought about just selling all the required parts as a complete kit that others could then build themselves? Even just sell the parts individually so people could pick and choose what they want to build their controller up to any level they wanted rather than a complete controller, if you know what I mean? Not all of us like searching around for all the different pieces required and then having to figure out how to wire them up and build them. Most of us just wouldn't know what pieces to look for accept the obvious handlebars throttle and grips/levers, but how to get them to work with GPB would be beyond most I would think. So kits and individual part sales with advice and instructions would be a good thing to do I think? :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Yep could that covered Hawk. Its part of why I had to delay things. I will be posting about it soon. Just have to finalize a few points and then I will be showing the MTE's that will let most build their own systems using normal bike parts. Naturally the electronics have to be covered and Leo Bodnar has that lol. All will be revealed soon.

DADADADADA

DD