• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:51:38 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Categ. RACE | EVENT 5 | Slippystone WET | Info | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, June 26, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Napalm Nick

Also sorry for Patrick and Gzehoo too for their starts  (lack of starts :(). What went wrong?

Better luck next time I hope,   if you need help with starts just ask please.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

I want to see the replay! XD

I think to come back for next week, and I hope with a ping monstrously low  ;D
I'm waiting the router to the new fast line!

finpower

I think I've found the problem. :o
I have asked the "help to off" in the settings.
wanted everything to real. 8)

PS: Thanks Giorjoe for the good setup for kawa :)

fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Patrick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 28, 2015, 08:54:48 PM
Also sorry for Patrick and Gzehoo too for their starts  (lack of starts :(). What went wrong?

Better luck next time I hope,   if you need help with starts just ask please.  ;)

I raged out after getting not only one lap without crashing. In training I did some very consecutive laps around 2:09. So I just thought "fuck it" and went to bed. :)

Napalm Nick

hehe fair enough Patrick  ;D

There is only one cure - practice practice practice, then still fall every lap then practice some more then repeat lol.

See you for the next one mate.  ;)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

Was learning more every race lap as I didn't do much practice but really enjoyed it, thanks for organising Nick   :)

That Ducati has a weird screen in the wet, rain sticks to an area that's bigger than the visible one, no biggie but odd.

Napalm Nick

Yes! I remember seeing that too in 1st Person.

Don't come round here saying you had no practice and still came 4th mate  >:( hahahaha well done  ;D

Meyer#12

i just saw the posts about tyre pressure in wet and i can help a little maybe :)

We (at least on 125GP and Moto3) use higher pressure when rain tyres.

The reason is simple, the tyres are made with the pattern and is made, that the pattern should lead water away, at low pressure, the tyre gets flatter and it can't lead the water away as easy. As soon as you raise the pressure, you will make the pattern more open and it will lead the water away better, which causes less "aquaplanning" and better grip :D

Hope this help the understanding of why Alby could go faster with higher pressure :)
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: Meyer#12 on June 29, 2015, 10:32:46 PM
i just saw the posts about tyre pressure in wet and i can help a little maybe :)

We (at least on 125GP and Moto3) use higher pressure when rain tyres.

The reason is simple, the tyres are made with the pattern and is made, that the pattern should lead water away, at low pressure, the tyre gets flatter and it can't lead the water away as easy. As soon as you raise the pressure, you will make the pattern more open and it will lead the water away better, which causes less "aquaplanning" and better grip :D

Hope this help the understanding of why Alby could go faster with higher pressure :)

Very interesting..... Do you know what temperatures the real wet tyres work best at too? Because tyres temps don't seem to work correctly with tyres in GPB according to tyre pressures?

Thanks for that info Meyer.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 30, 2015, 07:47:38 AM
Very interesting..... Do you know what temperatures the real wet tyres work best at too? Because tyres temps don't seem to work correctly with tyres in GPB according to tyre pressures?

Thanks for that info Meyer.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Unfortunately i don't know exactly, because i was more a rider of the feeling with the bike, setup and everything and after a bit of time on the bike, you don't think so much about checking everything, because you know how the bike feels when tyre temp is right.

But as far as i remember, we ran the tyres in around 65-75 degrees, much higher than 80 you will start to loose quite a lot of grip + the tyre wear will increase..

Compared to many riders i was racing, harder tyres, even i was a much smoother rider, which seems odd. But it must be something about how i ride the bike, i was late on the brakes but i wasn't hard on the rear tyre with spins or anything, it was a perfectly smooth riding i had and no sudden attack on the throttle, but rolling on the throttle. Seems to be about my lean angle and the way i kept little higher corner speed, that must have putted extra pressure on the tyres.

I am wondering if there is same sort of thing in here? i mean that some riders goes harder on brakes and throttle and some riders rather keep up corner speed? does that affect a lot on tyre choice? at least it seem to be like that to me, i normally go one compund harder than you guys on the races. :)
Meyer#12

Alby46

The only thing i was looking for when i raised tire pressure was just raise the pressure, cause it was too low, and the temperatures were low too. Thanks meyer for explaining more ;)
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)