• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:58:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Categ. RACE | EVENT 6 | Stinkefüße | Info | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, July 02, 2015, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: JJS209 on July 04, 2015, 08:00:37 PM
I would suggest, that everyone could post his actual skin with link into specific race event thread.
so you can download it if you want or even not.

(in case noone will do the exhausting and time-taking job to make skinpacks every 2-days or so...)

Well yes but some will post others wont, few will install other peoples and it will be yet another whiteout on the track

The club contents pages detail all this stuff in an attempt to make it easiest and nicest looking for everyone.  It has actually been thought of already. Not my fault if no-one can be a*sed to find out what to do.

-Jackets was covered so everyone could see it and it gave a club style feel
-Helmets is covered by a skinpack so everyone could tell who the heck everyone else is on replays/videos etc
-Bike skins are covered by the MOD Database

The aim of something like this club needs to be to keep things simple for all.

Club use Helmet Skinpacks rarely change and we all start getting used to recognising each other, so I do that.

All I'm saying is a Bike skinpack for every race will be a right royal pain to produce, get everyone to use, and change every race unless there was a volunteer to collate it all.  I cant do it all its too much.

If everyone posts skins in the race threads every week I can pretty much guarantee each player will see their own skins on raceday, the rest will be a boring whiteout. And any post race videos will be, well, visually pointless.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

RACE NOTICE:

Race tonight on GPBOC 1 - NDS track version (to ensure everything goes as smooth as possible - if it does Dynamic surface next time).

GPBOC1 also reports to the HotLap server.

2.5 Hours to Server Reset and Whitelists in force / Sign up ends
3 Hours to Official Practice session begins

Race : 15 Laps + 1 Warm-up Lap.

Fuel Quantity and Tyre type at your discretion.

Ideally only 1 Race restart in case of disaster - please revise your Race Start Procedures

Safe Racing
Refresh screen to refresh time left

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

4 riders missing from the track - Riders too the track please! This is your last call  8)

Donnie

sorry guys.  Broadband connection broke at the end of the warmup lap.
By the time I got it restarted was too late.  Will finally get a race soon hopefully.

JJS209

i'm sorry for u.
u was just behind me on the grid and next sec i looked back u were gone.
we also checked the forum, but must have bee before u were back in OS.

Meyer#12

What a race! that was a surprise for everyone i guess! :D

definitely not the fastest rider today, but as it seems, my setup worked perfect for consistency and stability! paid off well with Hard rear and medium front :D

Thank you everyone for a superb race! definitely the most terrifying and fun race i have had! :D

Thanks to Nick for organizing and thanks a lot to JJ (with help from Hawk and Nick) to sort this track out so it was a pleasure to race! :D 
Meyer#12

BOBR6 84

Great event! up and down race..  :P thought i had it in the bag until i started crashing on the same corner nearly every lap  :-\ oh well.. good win meyer and thanks all for racing - good stuff!  8)

Napalm Nick

Oh Damn Donnie yes we tried to find you. Really sorry your BB let you down tonight. (Not so sorry to gain a place for me though  ;D).

Next time mate.  ;)

Meyer#12

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 05, 2015, 08:31:56 PM
Great event! up and down race..  :P thought i had it in the bag until i started crashing on the same corner nearly every lap  :-\ oh well.. good win meyer and thanks all for racing - good stuff!  8)

Haha i thought for sure you was gone for good! then you made a mistake i caught up, i made a mistake lost it again. A little back and forward and then your horrible slow hairpin started and i knew i had a chance haha :D
Meyer#12

matty0l215

Not a brilliant race for me, but by far not my worst :P

I would blame the bike, but thats starting to ware thin  ;D

Might start using the 749... ::)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

I tell you what, despite the first start disaster, that was possibly our finest hour.

For me a really exciting first lap with JJ - I passed for 3rd, then I saw 2nd fall and I had my chance. But 2nd place man respawns and clips me  :( after that crashfest for 3 laps then found my form and settled down riding round hoping someone in front would fall but those were guys too smooth - nothing I could do.

Really enjoyed the whole event. The track is really awesome I cant say it enough.

A great track, a great race and some great friends there.

Oh and thank you for letting me restart after I cored out  :-*

We will do this again I think on the Dynamic track if you like? Hopefully some of those slow front washouts will be gone. Let me know  ;D

matty0l215

I'd like to add, what a great track you've made here JJ!

Lovely to ride! ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 05, 2015, 08:39:30 PM
For me a really exciting first lap with JJ - I passed for 3rd, then I saw 2nd fall and I had my chance. But 2nd place man respawns and clips me  :( after that crashfest for 3 laps then found my form and settled down riding round hoping someone in front would fall but those were guys too smooth - nothing I could do.

That might be me who respawn there.. Sorry Nick! wasn't meant to be that fast back but hitted the respawn button when i got annoyed at myself for crashing in the lead >:( Sorry mate!
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

No worries my friend I am just happy I still make some progress with my skills  ;)

JJS209

thanks for your kind comments about my first track. its a good motivation for another one ;)
it means really a lot to me if you say you've fun with it, so i know it was worth to do it!
thank you guys too for that!