• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:55:45 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

ODE internal error 1...

Started by CapeDoctor, July 20, 2015, 07:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi guys
not sure if this error is a GPB thing, although i encountered it for the first time this morning while thrashing about the A1Ring track. game crashed after i did, lol, and this is the error i was faced with.
maybe PiBoSo will know more about it?
the error message header is as per thread title, and the rest of the message is as follows:
'assertion "bNormalizationResult" failed in ../ ../include\ode/odermath.h:326'

never seen this before, so just thought i'd mention it.
this was after piling the Aprilia 250 into the tirewall, lol  :P

HornetMaX

It used to happen quite a lot in earlier betas, with the recent ones it's much more rare (and almost always related to extreme situations, like hitting a wall full speed stright on or having the bike flying up in the sky and hitting the ground).

MaX.

C21

Randomly i encounter the same error message in GPB.
Happened 3 times on the Hotlap server. two times with much traffic and both times when crashing. one time i was alone on the server also crashing then getting black screen.
Has to manually shut down GPB via Task Manager and could see the same error message.
(as stated in WRS forum - http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2710.msg41239#msg41239)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Luckily(touch wood) I've never had this problem at all..... Probably because I ride so slow! Hehe ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

The ODE normalization error is nothing new, in past GPB betas was a tad more frequent than in beta6.

MaX.

C21

Interesting.
I´ve never had that in B4 and B5 and B6 until now. And i crash regularly  ;D
First thought it would be caused by the MOD bike but i´m not sure about that.

HornetMaX

I'm positive it happens also on default bikes and track, but less often.

Mod tracks seem to be an easy culprit however (more than mod bikes): holes, weird borders between asphalt and grass, ...

MaX.

C21

As Victoria is not a Mod Track it.....
All my ODE error until now happened on that track....

Allen

Well once in a while this is what happens when the error occurs.. may be a bit of a clue

and yes, some models seem much more prone to the problem than others

C21

That´s a decent damage model  ;D
Wasn´t aware that Piboso implemented it yet  ;)

Napalm Nick

Hehe that's what I thought too when I saw this pic lol.  I have never seen that in game!  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"