• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:51:57 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Head tracking and view tilt.

Started by h106frp, July 20, 2015, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

When head tracking is enabled auto 'tilt' (0-20 degrees) is forced disabled.

The head tracker now supplies the tilt value directly from the head tracker rotation. This is incorrect in simulation, normally the head movement would correct the tilt created naturally by the bike lean. In the current configuration the tilt effect is counter intuitive.

Can tilt be forced ON when using head tracking? Either in the current configuration of a computed maximum tilt and/or as a fully simulated system with the head tracker countering the bike lean angle to compute the correct tilt angle.

Thank you.

HornetMaX

Got my EDTracker (pro) yesterday, played around a bit.

Yes, the tilt thing needs some attention. To be honest I'm not sure which solution is the best one.

Option #1: probably the easiest, GPB simply disregarding the tilt coming from head-tracking and just using its usual tilt compensation stuff.

Option #2: GPB combining it's usual tilt compensation with the tracker output. Example: bike leaning at 45deg, max tilt allowed = 20deg ==> horizon in game is at 20deg. If using head-tracking, the "tilt" output of the tracker could be added to the current tilt.

Option #3: the most radical, GPB to use the tracker output as tilt. This means bike at 45deg, head vertical ==> horizon is horizontal. This would work for custom controllers that can lean (like Sh@rk's one). The rider would have to compensate the tilt, if he wants to.

At the moment GPB is doing option 3, but with the additional constraint that the tilt cannot exceed what is specified with the tilt slider: that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If I had to make the call, I'd go with option #1.

MaX.

MaX.