• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 12, 2019, 04:37:07 pm

Rumble in MaxHUD - discussion

Started by HornetMaX, July 20, 2015, 12:13:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Topic to get your feedback on the rumble feature in MaxHUD plugin v1.9.9. Examples of questions:


  • Do you like it ?

  • Does it give you useful information ?

  • What are the settings you use ?

  • Would you like the rumble to be somehow tied to sliding (instead of the currently used "vertical vibration of bike CoG") ? Front ? Rear ? Both ?



Any comment/idea is welcome.

MaX.

h106frp

I don't mind getting the ball rolling.

1) I like it a lot, i think it adds a lot to the immersion factor  :) I have only tried it with the GPX and i know that rumble is not well implemented on all controllers. Serious riders will want more information from the rumble, casual players will enjoy the fact that rumble has finally been implemented.

2) I have done quite a few hours and i think the problem is that useful info which i am sure is there is masked by the 'Global' nature of the vertical vibration. Even in this first release it is more 'believable' than my experiences with friends console driving games rumble effects.

3) Very low/low filter, high vel sensitivity, low gear period, medium gear amplitude. i have not used 'crash' but i will give it a go.

4) It would be interesting to add options for different parameters to be fed to the rumble. Sliding is probably the most useful as it is not represented well either audibly or visually .

PeterV

Oke i would like it if it would work with braking, or even when the front starts slapping a bit.
And as h106frp mentioned a bit of a rumble on rear slide would be nice.

I use it with low setting i turned the gears off now, and only have velocity on

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on July 20, 2015, 12:49:01 pm
Oke i would like it if it would work with braking, or even when the front starts slapping a bit.
And as h106frp mentioned a bit of a rumble on rear slide would be nice.

What do you mean with "work with braking" ?

MaX.

PeterV

well if you use front brake and apply too much pressure where in the front gets a bit unstable/locks up it begins too rumble a bit giving you a warning.

HornetMaX

Hmmm ... two schools appearing: one for rumble when the bike vibrates, the other rumble when the wheels are sliding ...

MaX.

LOOPATELI

max does gpb provide info about the slide of each wheel, or it only can be known as a difference of speed. And can you also know when the tire is touching the ground?
For example, if you are doing a wheelie probably the front is rolling slower than the rear, but no wheel is sliding; how can the plunging know that? maybe knowing that suspensions are completely extended?.
And about what you said that with the plugin you'll have an advantage, in my opinion we already have it, as I said before with the sifting rumble and other extra info is giving us an advantage

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on July 20, 2015, 01:07:41 pm
max does gpb provide info about the slide of each wheel, or it only can be known as a difference of speed.

No it doesn't. It provides the wheel speed and the speed of "a given point on the bike's chassis (not the CoG)".
So I can only badly approximate the slip and sideslip (it's already partially done in the HUDLean).

Quote from: LOOPATELI on July 20, 2015, 01:07:41 pm
And can you also know when the tire is touching the ground?

No I can't.

Quote from: LOOPATELI on July 20, 2015, 01:07:41 pm
And about what you said that with the plugin you'll have an advantage, In my opinion we already have it, as I said before with the sifting rumble and other extra info is giving us an advantage

Well, you said that:

Quote from: LOOPATELI on July 20, 2015, 11:54:44 am
What I feel weird, and of course is a personal opinion, is the "Y axis" rumble. For me it doesn't give any extra info and it is quite random (you know, not random but in strange situations)

So how can it give an advantage ?  :o

The additional info provided by the shift rumble is zero: you already know when a gear is changed (visually and from the sound).
But something that effectively gives you a feeling of the sliding conditions would be a big advantage.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Yes Max first things first - I love it.

Out of the box settings for me but thinking I might turn the gearshift rumble down a twid (look after the old dodgy wrists).

Its hard - I like vibration rumble but that is 'nice-ness'. Braking slide or front brake lock would be 'meaningful' for improving riding. Especially onboard when you cant feel it and you cant see it.

Background vibration rumble and braking/sliding in-your-face!, rumble settings FTW.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

July 20, 2015, 02:05:58 pm #9 Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:11:12 pm by Blackheart
Piccola domanda per Max, ho installato l'ultima versione del tuo plugin, e va tutto bene l'unico problema è che non mi funziona la vibrazione sul gpx (quello bianco che ti piace tanto XD ) probabilmente è qualcosa di esterno a GP Bikes, forse devo installare dei particolari driver?

Ho Windows 8.1 e un Laptop ancora bello prestante  :P Magari tu hai qualche idea in merito?

Little question for Max, The vibration does not work on my gpx, any ideas?


HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on July 20, 2015, 02:05:58 pm
Piccola domanda per Max, ho installato l'ultima versione del tuo plugin, e va tutto bene l'unico problema è che non mi funziona la vibrazione sul gpx (quello che bianco che ti piace tanto XD ) probabilmente è qualcosa di esterno a GP Bikes, forse devo installare dei particolari driver?

Ho Windows 8.1 e un Laptop ancora bello prestante  :P Magari tu hai qualche idea in merito?

Little question for Max, The vibration does not work on my gpx, any ideas?

[send me a PM if you want to write me in italian :) ]

Did you configure the plugin properly ? You have to tell it which XInput device you want to use (for rumble, for the joypad display, for the lean input in HUDInputs, ...).

MaX.

Blackheart

 ;D

Done, as seen in the screenshot, it is also correctly identified  ::) but It does not work


HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on July 20, 2015, 02:21:28 pm
Done, as seen in the screenshot, it is also correctly identified  ::) but It does not work

I think the Thrustmaster GP XID (white one) has no rumble:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/produits/gp-xid-pc
http://www.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/produits/gpx

MaX.

Blackheart

 :-[  Oops ... it's a shame! But for 20 € is good enough! thx and anyway the plugin is great  ;)

LOOPATELI

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 20, 2015, 01:16:20 pm
Well, you said that:

Quote from: LOOPATELI on July 20, 2015, 11:54:44 am
What I feel weird, and of course is a personal opinion, is the "Y axis" rumble. For me it doesn't give any extra info and it is quite random (you know, not random but in strange situations)

So how can it give an advantage ?  :o

The additional info provided by the shift rumble is zero: you already know when a gear is changed (visually and from the sound).
But something that effectively gives you a feeling of the sliding conditions would be a big advantage.

MaX.


Ok but shift rumble quits work to your eyes as you don't have to look the dash to know when this f* bikes are shifting down, and sound input doest work as well because it sounds like the clutch is working but it didn't shift. You can also see visually when the bike is sliding, but if we can feel it in the pad less work for the eyes to keep concentrate in the line

Anyway this is another discussion lets keep on topic :)