• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:52:06 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

TRACK DETAILS

Started by dancindigits, July 26, 2015, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancindigits

Hi all,   and , does anyone  know if it's possible to modify the skysets, and general track objects ?       I include ,and mainly refer to cardboard , is it one or two dimensional spectators !!     Particularly when testing at the track alone, I find it really ruins the immersion factor, along with the exact same clouds or sky sets that never change ...I would prefer a cloudless sunny sky ,by default and with NO spectators, especially if they look this bad....lol    !!       I know ,I should get a life......more laughs,  But,  animated and changeable skys even, without rain ,have been a part of driving sims for a long time now.  GTR 2  for example ,where you can see the clouds moving ,and each time you turn up to the same track this will have changed !!!       My main point being ,that if you're going to have clouds in the sky ,they should move ,but certainly not be in the same place every time you visit the same track ..):   

h106frp

A few tracks have 3d spectators (mallory) so its just down to the designer. I guess 'people' could be standard track object to reduce track builder workload though. Prefer any of them to badly animated RIDE spectators though.

I remember animated sky's being a subject when i did a skydome for GP500, various schemes were proposed including a spherical ball or hemisphere sky that could rotate relative to the track 'plane' to give the illusion of moving clouds. You do need to do some fancy mapping though and the GP500 graphics engine limited experimentation.

More simply it would seem possible as the track folder has images for the various sky's which might be interchangeable. I am not sure if the world dimensions are standardized though.
It would probably work if the sky was standardized and suitable images could be downloaded from a server - it would allow more variety of the standard sky at least session to session but not lap by lap.

It would be nice to have flightsim style sky though  8) especially if the clouds dynamically altered the lighting on circuit or you could have a wet/dry race. Not sure if GPB can do the wet change pit stop though  ;)

I find the static helicopters more annoying, and flags should flutter  ::)  maybe the track animation needs fixing.