• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:32:17 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

DiRT Rally - Rallycross

Started by BOBR6 84, August 03, 2015, 11:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Anybody playing this? Love rallycross  8) add me on steam if you want to race!

CapeDoctor

i was keen to try it, but it doesn't start for me - splashscreen appears, then disappears, and that's it - doesn't even start...... :P
shows yo, you can pay for a nice shiny new product that don't work.....  :-X

BOBR6 84

That's bad.. just the rallycross? or the whole game?  :o

i forgot.. no multiplayer yet  :(

matty0l215

Is dirt rally worth it then??

I did think about getting it a couple of weeks ago but chickened out :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

August 04, 2015, 08:59:56 AM #4 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:04:44 AM by BOBR6 84
Worth it just for the rallycross  ;D needs multiplayer though.. the Ai are shit. Has some nice group B cars for rally too..

https://www.youtube.com/v/Wi9lHtApfb4

teeds

Might be tempted when the miltiplayer is available, looks sweet. How sim or arcadey is it to drive Bob?

BOBR6 84

hmm hard to say.. handling is nice it feels great but im using the GPX controller  :D somebody with a wheel and ffb should be able to answer that one better  ;)

to me its DiRT 3 with heavier cars and shit brakes lol  :P good fun though..

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM
hmm hard to say.. handling is nice it feels great but im using the GPX controller  :D somebody with a wheel and ffb should be able to answer that one better  ;)

I loved dirt 3 (especially after the free steam upgrade) ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

grimm

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM

I've been playing it here and there with a G27 and H-pattern shifter and clutch. It is alot of fun, reminds me of the old RBR days (just re-installed with RSRBR2015, all 37gb of it!  :o) and the sound and visual content is way beyond what RBR could ever be. Physics seems kind of arcade at times, but others when you get it right it's rather rewarding. The pace notes are great, getting a good stage time requires finesse and "slower is faster" attitude about driving quickly. Night + Rain + Gravel = An experience all by itself in the PC racing game genre.

It isn't a "sim" per-say, but it's good enough for me to enjoy hours upon hours of fun.  8)

SKD

Sounds good, I might give it a try, too ;)

In the good old days I played CMR 2 and later RBR, too when it came out and didn't like it. Because I couldn't handle it at that time (no wheel, just keyboard), several years later I gave it another try. Great game! But very old fashioned for those times. Since then, there hasn't really been a good rally game. :(

SKD

Just bought it yesterday. Good fun! ;)
Maybe it's not a hardcore sim, but compared for example to wrc 3 it's very demanding. In WRC everything was a like an expressway...

SKD

I've done a few hours now. Still like it allthough It's definitely not a sim. On tarmac there's allways lots of grip (even when there's ice on it), but on any other surface there seems to be no point where the cars goes from gripping to sliding. I mean I never tried rallying but I've driven a car over gravel or mud before. And that felt different. Each time I start RBR and only drive slowly over a non-tarmac road it somehow feels real, where Dirt Rally doesn't. The feeling on dry tarmac I like a lot though.
BUT: The game has very nice graphics and is demanding for a mainstream game. I like it.

Funny story: At the weekend I had a girl at my place who didn't know I did sim-racing. When she saw the G27 on my desk (which I hadn't used for a time and therefore she hadn't seen yet) she thought I must be a total nerd. I convinced her to give it a try in dirt rally. She played several stages that evening and the other day again. ;)

CapeDoctor

Quote from: SKD on August 11, 2015, 01:27:19 PM
Each time I start RBR and only drive slowly over a non-tarmac road it somehow feels real, where Dirt Rally doesn't.

indeed, well over 10 years old, almost 15, lol, and still RBR is one of the most authentic feeling rally sims out there.
seems like in the world of sim gaming, things peaked around the 2000 mark, and have deteriorated since - fancy shiny graphics, sure, all great, but seemingly at the expense of the essence of a good sim.
back then things were looking bright for sim lovers - RBR, GP500 and such. somewhere along the way, devs at large decided that shiny graphics is better than a decent sim component, and things have gone from bad to worse, generally.
there may be one or two exceptions, and PiBoSo's GPB is head and shoulders above anything else on offer, even in the development stages.
give me good sim physics over shiny graphics any day, although it seems that those of us who share this sentiment are in the minority.
i wish the console kiddy generation would hurry up, grow up and mature, and then hopefully realise this as well.  one day. i can but hope. ;D

davidboda46

Quote from: SKD on August 11, 2015, 01:27:19 PM
I've done a few hours now. Still like it allthough It's definitely not a sim. On tarmac there's allways lots of grip (even when there's ice on it), but on any other surface there seems to be no point where the cars goes from gripping to sliding. I mean I never tried rallying but I've driven a car over gravel or mud before. And that felt different. Each time I start RBR and only drive slowly over a non-tarmac road it somehow feels real, where Dirt Rally doesn't. The feeling on dry tarmac I like a lot though.
BUT: The game has very nice graphics and is demanding for a mainstream game. I like it.

Funny story: At the weekend I had a girl at my place who didn't know I did sim-racing. When she saw the G27 on my desk (which I hadn't used for a time and therefore she hadn't seen yet) she thought I must be a total nerd. I convinced her to give it a try in dirt rally. She played several stages that evening and the other day again. ;)

Does she have a good looking sister?  ::)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"