• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
August 14, 2020, 08:36:19 PM

Kart Craft (Rival of KRP)

Started by Yohji, August 07, 2015, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji


Napalm Nick

Interesting. Nothing to see except bold statements so far:

QuoteReal kart physics.

Hear the motor scream as it reaches 21,000RPM. Feel the tyre biting into the asphalt while it generates 3x the cornering forces of a road car. See the chassis twist as you slam headfirst into the tyre wall. With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming, this is as real as it gets

Hmmmmm judgement withheld.

Cheers Yohji, interesting.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Starts well: already tied to steam, plenty of official sponsors, a decent web-site.

After that, it's all in the execution.

MaX.

PiBoSo

"With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming".
Is this a lie? Or is Kart Racing Pro not considered "gaming"? Or maybe not considered at all?  ???
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Napalm Nick

It is a Lie. Don't you worry about it.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Arvoss

This is the Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250033503&searchtext=kart
Apparently it has been in development for ages and there is still no demo available. That's probably why they changed the name of the game.

As Max said, they have a very nice website and official sponsors. They also went to Gamescom to present their simulator! https://www.facebook.com/KartKraftGame/photos/pcb.10155869357140484/10155869353200484/?type=1&theater

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 07, 2015, 12:36:26 PM
"With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming".
Is this a lie? Or is Kart Racing Pro not considered "gaming"? Or maybe not considered at all?  ???
Maybe they just don't know KRP exists.
Or maybe (and more likely) it's just the usual marketing stuff (i.e. a lie).

Quote from: Arvoss on August 07, 2015, 12:38:41 PM
This is the Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250033503&searchtext=kart
Apparently it has been in development for ages and there is still no demo available. That's probably why they changed the name of the game.
Ah, it's "just" KartSim ... LOL !

Quote from: Arvoss on August 07, 2015, 12:38:41 PM
As Max said, they have a very nice website and official sponsors. They also went to Gamescom to present their simulator! https://www.facebook.com/KartKraftGame/photos/pcb.10155869357140484/10155869353200484/?type=1&theater
Quite a different tactic of what's done here.

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 07, 2015, 12:36:26 PM
"With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming".
Is this a lie? Or is Kart Racing Pro not considered "gaming"? Or maybe not considered at all?  ???

Right! Sue them for slander or false advertising or somthing :P 

Not considering the Best Kart racing sim is a crime  :D (well it should be ;D)

Napalm Nick

August 07, 2015, 01:03:23 PM #8 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:09:09 PM by Napalm Nick
So this is that KartSim game? The same one? I looked at this many times before on steam and it looks crap. Unless you like smashing into things all the time and putting on different coloured booties each race.

Are you sure its the same??? If so, @Piboso you have no worries.

Edit - ah yes their facebook page explains all pffff  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Arvoss

OMG, this is a post from february 2012.

A quick update about the upcoming Beta:
90% of the bugs that prevented the December release have been fixed. I'm currently working on improving the performance and adding additional features that were highlighted as missing in the last round of testing. These additional features are mainly support for gamepads (i.e. Steering help), default controller profiles (i.e. Out of the box support for G27s, Fanatec wheels, Xbox controllers with tuned Force Feedback settings etc), Server Admin support (i.e. Instant kick, ban etc) and visual helpers for rolling starts (i.e. Indicators for which lane the player is in, who you must follow, what speed to maintain etc). As much as I want to let you guys all try the Beta now, I'm sure you would also appreciate how much better the experience will be once these additional features are in place and the remaining bugs are fixed. I won't give a release date, but will say the wait will be worth it. If you thought the Blog #1 gameplay footage was good, you'll be blown away by how it looks and plays now!
Zach Griffin

We're mid 2015 now and there is still no beta available :P

Super Hang-On

I used to be in regular touch with Zach until late 2009. I have no reason to doubt the quality of this game, what I suspect has been a major cause for delay from 2013 to now must be going from a one-man show to a larger scale project (9 people). Instead of selling it as an early access alpha/beta, it has simply not been available.

Quote from: Arvoss on August 07, 2015, 01:10:36 PM
OMG, this is a post from february 2012.

A quick update about the upcoming Beta:
90% of the bugs that prevented the December release have been fixed. I'm currently working on improving the performance and adding additional features that were highlighted as missing in the last round of testing. These additional features are mainly support for gamepads (i.e. Steering help), default controller profiles (i.e. Out of the box support for G27s, Fanatec wheels, Xbox controllers with tuned Force Feedback settings etc), Server Admin support (i.e. Instant kick, ban etc) and visual helpers for rolling starts (i.e. Indicators for which lane the player is in, who you must follow, what speed to maintain etc). As much as I want to let you guys all try the Beta now, I'm sure you would also appreciate how much better the experience will be once these additional features are in place and the remaining bugs are fixed. I won't give a release date, but will say the wait will be worth it. If you thought the Blog #1 gameplay footage was good, you'll be blown away by how it looks and plays now!
Zach Griffin

We're mid 2015 now and there is still no beta available :P

Imagine if GP Bikes had been teased back when it first started but simply not been put up for sale? ;) Zach is a karter and he changed the game's engine twice now.