• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Respawn - better proposal ?

Started by HornetMaX, August 07, 2015, 07:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Sorry Max.... I'm flicking through missed posts trying to catch up on the last two weeks. Lol

But yeah.... Totally agree with that one Teeds!  8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Submit as an official Bug report including a solution. Who couldn't love that?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dancindigits

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 07, 2015, 07:54:13 AM
A different proposal for respawn (mostly from teeds): just respawn wherever the bike stops and disregard chekcpoints (i.e count the lap even if a checkpoint is missed).

I can see only 2 issues:

• During races, if a checkpoint is missed, this should be flagged in the results so that race organisers can decide after what to do (time penalty or not), watching the replay. But during quali and testing (for Hotlap events and record page), a lap during which a checkpoint is missed should not be taken into account. That should be trivial to implement.
  • When you crash hard, sometimes the bike ends up behind a low wall / guardrail: if it respawns there, you could be trapped. Maybe we can just live with that: it was a big crash, you're out of the race.

It sounds very reasonable to me: no issue of respawning on track all of a sudden (like right now), kind of more realistic, should be very easy to implement.

Do we all agree this is the preferred way to handle respawn ?

MaX.

-aGy-

bike damage system is my proposal and i think it is easy to execute and why not respawn on the grass why on the road.

Napalm Nick

August 15, 2015, 08:35:04 AM #19 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:40:30 AM by Napalm Nick
Ooops I better answer that before Max throws his toys from the pram - not all tracks have an "off the track" respawn area such as grass. Discussed a few times in this thread already  where this topic was borne from lol. Of course new readers wont know that  ;D

IMO Damage model would also be great but now I want nothing more than the 5/6 basic problems to be sorted. All the rest is glitz and glamour for the final product.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 15, 2015, 08:35:04 AM
Ooops I better answer that before Max throws his toys from the pram
I never throw my toys, I like to hang to them. But I can throw plenty of other things :)

I guess we can close this thread. Outcome is: respawn where the bike stops, wherever that is (i.e. if it's in an area that does not allow you to go back to track, too bad, you'll have to pit).

Just ensure that if a checkpoint is cut while the bike is falling, the lap is still counted during a race(of course, not during testing, quali, warmup). One simple way to do this would be: ignore checkpoints during races. If one is cut by a rider, just signal it in the race results and the race directors will see what to do with that.

Overall, a very easy development that would solve a pretty annoying issue. So I expect all this to be completely ignored for the next beta (whenever and if that will happen).

MaX.

P.S.
If somebody wants to make a single post describing the solution so that Piboso doesn't need to read across page and pages, be my guest.

Blackheart

I have not read the entire thread ... but it is much easier to enter for 3 seconds after respawn the bike is immaterial?  ???

Needless to say, "not realistic" ... do you think this incident is realistic? Personally I have never seen a bike to do something like this:

It is advisable to watch it in 720p 60fps

BOBR6 84

Nothing wrong with that crash.. in fact i could pull a similar crash from youtube right now!  ;D

Blackheart

Sure ... touch the grass with the back with full gas and the bike goes precise (unperturbed) for its trajectory ... better than reality.

The pilot had a parachute and soon saw the error he pulled the rope to activate  ::)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Blackheart on August 15, 2015, 10:57:18 AM
Sure ... touch the grass with the back with full gas and the bike goes precise (unperturbed) for its trajectory ... better than reality.

The pilot had a parachute and soon saw the error he pulled the rope to activate  ::)

yeah the rider jumping off is really bad.. happens on most curbs. especially mugello  :-\

Napalm Nick

QuoteP.S.
If somebody wants to make a single post describing the solution so that Piboso doesn't need to read across page and pages, be my guest.

I will have a go then, for what it is worth, maybe entitle it "EMERGENCY........." 

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on August 15, 2015, 10:12:13 AM
Needless to say, "not realistic" ... do you think this incident is realistic? Personally I have never seen a bike to do something like this:
But what has this to do with the respawn logic ?!  :o

3 second "ghost mode" is likely way harder to implement. And as it is less realistic too, there's really little point IMO.

MaX.

Blackheart

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 15, 2015, 11:29:11 AM

3 second "ghost mode" is likely way harder to implement. And as it is less realistic too, there's really little point IMO.

MaX.

I'll have to explain? Turn on your brain instead of spamming your "solutions". 

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on August 15, 2015, 11:38:06 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 15, 2015, 11:29:11 AM

MaX.

I'll have to explain? Turn on your brain instead of spamming your "solutions".
LOL. OK pal.

MaX.