• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:13:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Piboso titles graphics

Started by Mace-x, August 17, 2015, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

So, all i´ve heard on internet is:
Gp bikes graphics sucks, mx bikes graphics are dated blah blah blah.

Personally i think piboso engine is a strong engine in therms of performance and look, the games look clean and sharp, without artifacts, only thing i´d improve are reflections.

Now, what´s the problem, in my opinion there are 2 main problems:

1- Resources to make more props/art and more detailed environments
2- Post fx

There´s nothing we can do about the first one, only make tracks/environments by ourselves.
About the second.. not much but, do you remember Enb series?
It´s a library of filters/post fx setting that works over the games, here´s an example in gta.

Link: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/5oCmkZ2aMDg/maxresdefault.jpg

So, why dont we use it in gp bikes?
Because we cant, Gp bikes runs in Opengl, where Enb series are only compatible with Directx.

Now, after been looking for a good amount of time i stumbled across this:
http://reshade.me/

Reshade is a program that allows to run different filters (You can code your own or select some of the ones contained) on various games, including both Directx and Opengl!
So, that means that we can have Ssao, Sun Flares, Bloom, Glares, Motion blur and all kind of effects that piboso games lack and makes the games feel dated.

i´ve made some tests and works nicely, although i dont really have the time to invest time on it and make a profile that works the best with gp/mx bikes, so i tought i´d let you guys know about this tool, knowing the amazing modding community you have here somebody might find a good use for this tool  :)

Hopefully this post is not offensive to anyone or piboso, i only want to help growing a stronger community and see these amazing simulators get to the next level  ;D

PeterV

Mace-x

Oh, i´m new here and missed that, i´m so sorry!

That´s looking great PeterV thanks for the heads up!  ;D