• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, March 20, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shahdoh

Yes, I have a licensed copy that I play off of. I installed the demo and running the dedicated off of a 2nd computer and have had people successfully connect and race on it. So that is not a problem. Was just curious as to what makes it show up on the web server list.

Thanks

Hawk

Quote from: Shahdoh on September 27, 2015, 05:51:14 PM
Yes, I have a licensed copy that I play off of. I installed the demo and running the dedicated off of a 2nd computer and have had people successfully connect and race on it. So that is not a problem. Was just curious as to what makes it show up on the web server list.

Thanks

I've just been online, and I can see your "open" server in the server list. :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yes I was having a good old think what might cause this (all my servers are run off demo copies of the game) but it looks like you have fixed it so hopefully you will tell what you did to resolve it in case the problem is seen by anyone again?

Ta  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Shahdoh

I think he means he sees it in game, I still do not see my server (Shahdoh's Sessions) on the web server list.

Napalm Nick

Ah yes I see.  Could you post or attach your Dedi server script and I will have a butchers. ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Shahdoh

Dedicated.ini:

[connection]
name = Shahdoh's Session
maxclient = 16
password = ;locked
admin_password = --------------
bandwidth = 2; 0 -> low, 1 -> medium, 2 -> high
max_ping =
whitelist = ; C:\Dropbox\Peter\whitelist11.txt ; the filename of the whitelist
blacklist = ; C:\Dropbox\Peter\blacklist11.txt ; the filename of the blacklist
polls_disable = 1 ; if set to 1, polls are disabled
location = Az/United States; information about server location
MOTD =

[export]
results = html; html or xml, If set it will automatically export results at the end of the race
directory = C:\GPBikes Results ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )
units = 1; 0 -> metric units, 1 -> US units, 2 -> UK units

[replay]
save = 1 ; 0 or 1, If set to 1 it will automatically save the full replay at the end of the race
directory = D:\GP Bikes Replays ; the directory where replays will be saved ( must exist )

[event]
track = Cadwell Park V0.8 ;track ID ( for example NC - Mosport Park V1.1 )
track_layout = ; track layout ( for ex. Short ). Empty -> Default
track2= Hockenheim 79 V2.0
track2_layout=
track3= Laguna Seca V0.9
track3_layout=
track4= NC - Mugello
track4_layout=
track5= NC - Suzuka_NDS
track5_layout=
track6= Silverstone GP V0.95
track6_layout=
track7= BreuquainVille V1.0
track7_layout=
track8= victoria
track8_layout=
track9= NC - Red Bull Ring
track9_layout=
track10= Tsukuba V1.2
track10_layout=

category = Open ; bike category allowed. Empty -> Open; GP125; GP125 Cup; GP250; GP500; GP800; GP1000; SSP; SBK; WSS600; STK1000; Moto 2
[rating]
class = ; A -> 2000+, B -> 1600-1999; C -> 1200-1599; D -> 800-1199

[weather]
realistic = 0 ; 0 or 1, if set to 1, following params are ignored
conditions = 0 ; 0 -> sunny, 1 -> cloudy, 2 -> rainy
temperature = 18 ; air temperature, celsius
wind_direction = 1 ; 0 -> n, 1 -> ne, 2 -> e, 3 -> se, 4 -> s, 5 -> sw, 6 -> w, 7 -> nw
wind_speed = 0 ; meters/second
track_conditions = 0 ; 0 -> dry, 1 -> wet

[hardcore]
force_cockpit = 0 ; 0 or 1
no_aids = 0 ; 0 or 1
limited_tyre_sets = 0 ; 0 or 1

[race]
quick_race = 0 ; 0 or 1, If set to 1, practice, warmup, sighting lap and warmup lap are skipped
practice_length = 90 ; minutes
qualify_length = 15 ; minutes
warmup_length = 0 ; minutes
sighting_lap = 0 ; 0 or 1
warmup_lap = 1 ; 0 or 1
race_length = 0 ; % of full length
race_use_laps = 1 ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length
race_laps = 10 ; number of race laps
restart_delay = 120 ; server restart time in seconds
pause = 0 ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is paused and saved at the end of "pause_session"

Napalm Nick

September 27, 2015, 09:23:06 PM #51 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:29:22 PM by Napalm Nick
Check these:

Remove the/ from here location = Az/United States; information about server location.   Avoid / or \ in any text

Have you created these specific directories?>

directory = C:\GPBikes Results ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )

directory = D:\GP Bikes Replays ; the directory where replays will be saved ( must exist )

Try it with one track only - notice the words track_layout = and your track2_layout=  2nd version spaces! - also with track =

Not saying one of these is the culprit but I haven't seen this before but I do know erroneous characters cause the problems. Lemme know if it helps mate

Nick

Edit spello and clarity 'bolding'

Shahdoh

September 27, 2015, 11:39:53 PM #52 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:55:30 PM by Shahdoh
Yes, the directories have been created. Will see check out the others things you mentioned and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Update: Removed the slash and corrected the spaces for the = signs on the extra tracks. Still no go on the web site. I am thinking it needs to be a registered copy to show up there. If I start a server from my licensed client, non-dedicated, it shows up on the web site just fine. Which brings up the next ?. Can I use the same license key on the dedicated server install? If not, will just go without it being on the web, no big deal.

Saemon No Jyo

Hi Shahdoh,

When the name contains an apostrophe, it is not displayed Server list.

Quote[connection]
name = Shahdoh's Session

Napalm Nick

Good spot.

Beware all that punctuation when used in textual parts of the script.

You definitely don't need a licensed copy for the server.  ;)

Shahdoh

Quote from: Saemon No Jyo on September 28, 2015, 04:42:30 AM
Hi Shahdoh,

When the name contains an apostrophe, it is not displayed Server list.

Quote[connection]
name = Shahdoh's Session

Yep, that was it, thank you very much!

PiBoSo

October 28, 2015, 11:28:23 AM #56 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:22:28 PM by PiBoSo
First post updated with info about:
- event name
- event save
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PeterV

October 29, 2015, 08:03:11 PM #57 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:05:07 PM by PeterV
@ Piboso
What is the difference between Event pause and Event save ?
When i look at the saved files of both they look similar to me.

Or did Event save replace Event pause ? can we delete the Event pause entries from the dedicated server file?

Ps
Sorry for messing op you're original post, did not know where to put my question.

PiBoSo

Quote from: PeterV on October 29, 2015, 08:03:11 PM
@ Piboso
What is the difference between Event pause and Event save ?
When i look at the saved files of both they look similar to me.

Or did Event save replace Event pause ? can we delete the Event pause entries from the dedicated server file?

Ps
Sorry for messing op you're original post, did not know where to put my question.

"Pause" automatically uses event save, and then stops the event.
"Save" saves the state only: the event continues.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

October 29, 2015, 08:26:09 PM #59 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:34:04 PM by Napalm Nick
PS: it is working good! Thanks PiBoSo!

I am thinking of the weekend long Events! Qually Saturday, Race Sunday lalalalalalalala  :)

Oh and yes I know Pause will do this but the SAVE allows us to continue to races at other times without the need to log off/restart server etc. Its good.