• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:59:27 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Somthing for the modders maybe

Started by matty0l215, August 21, 2015, 10:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Don't forget Matt, to make all three of the version lengths of this circuit while you are there so we can use the 'alternative layout' options in the server commands. 3 tracks for the small effort (lol) of one.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Kerazo

that turn 2 will cause some massive lowslides  :P

Napalm Nick

Yes, looks awful.   I see the modern layout also smoothes out the last turn - not sure I like that either :( but the tasting is in the eating I guess. (Wont know till we try it).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

yehh... RTB is being a bit funky at the moment... :o

Doesn't link a section of track (the light section) so I'm re starting (only 20 mins work :))

One thing I'm not s fan of at the moment, one a track is laid down, you can manually adjust the curve. But this is meant to be implement soon i think :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

September 13, 2015, 03:55:39 PM #19 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:02:05 PM by Hawk UK
Why not do the classic old(older than the one we have in the database) track? In my opinion it was the best track layout Snetterton has ever had; they ruined it when they started altering the layout, same as other classic tracks ruined by health and safety gone mad putting these crappy chicanes and the like in to try and slow riders down.

I'm sure they should have that track layout in Google Earth if you use the map time-slider?   :-\

Hawk.

Edit: Classic Snetterton Track: http://www.racingsportscars.com/covers/_Snetterton-1963-09-28t.jpg

BOBR6 84

Theres a hospital at every corner...  ;D ;D 8)

matty0l215

But I ride Snetterton 300... :P

I have tried the old version on rFactor and it was pretty boring, almost like a city street circuit.

Once i've got a good understanding of how it all works, i'll give it a go :)

BOBR6 84

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 13, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

I have tried the old version on rFactor and it was pretty boring, almost like a city street circuit.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 13, 2015, 05:45:28 PM
Snett 300 is mega mate nice one!  8)

No worries guys; as the old git I am it was just a thought. Hehe. ;) ;D

I'll be concentrating on just building the old classic tracks after I finish Assen 2014 anyway.  :)

Hawk.

matty0l215

I might be asking you for some help when i get near to getting the track in game if thats okay Hawk?? :)

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 13, 2015, 09:48:07 PM
I might be asking you for some help when i get near to getting the track in game if thats okay Hawk?? :)

No probs mate.... Whenever your ready.  ;)

Hawk.

Allen

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 13, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

You want the one from the late 80s... before they f**ked Russells chicane by making it into a first gear bend (they opened it out a couple of years later).. the original Russells was a very quick left right (4th gear on a 250/350 GP machine) that Alex George compared to Eau Rouge.... (the pit entry was off the entry to the left hander with just an Armco to separate the track edge from the pit lane... so basically all you saw coming out of Coram, was an Armco ahead of you :), and the Bombhole had no run off either.. just a tyre wall and armco).. The outright lap record was held by Roger Burnett on a NSR500 (but it may have been an NS500) in 1:08 - set in 1986

If you wanted to do the older (50s-70s version) the old sears is still visible on google maps current image (as is the old Norwich straight)... You can also see where the old return straight was (still is actually) next to the concrete entrance road. It joined with the track between the Esses and Bombhole.. just before where the bridge used to be (one very scary corner). The exit of Coram used to go left onto the start finish straight (there was no right kink as far as I can tell). Oh and the hairpin at the end of the Norwich straight.. there was no run off, just a large banking that the odd bike went over the top off when it failed to stop.

Back in the 70s there were covered stands at Riches and the Bombhole.... and as those were before some tart decided racing vehicles should have silencers.. it got rather loud in them with a pack of Manx Nortons, Seeley G50s or peashooter piped TD1/TR2s.. going past

Riches, the Bombhole and the first half of Coram have all been the same since the 50s (and the Bombhole is the one part that is wrong in just about every game version ever made)

Napalm Nick

Lol yes those nasty tarts and their silencers hehe.

Don't forget though we are old gits and Matty is only 6 (I think). He rides the modern circuit and that's what he wants to make. In thirty years time though when Croft has been made into an Oval for safety, with rubber bumpers at the edge, Matty will be reminiscing about how good the 300 was 'back in the day'.

haha good info tho Allen!  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 15, 2015, 03:39:14 PM

Don't forget though we are old gits and Matty is only 6 (I think). He rides the modern circuit and that's what he wants to make. In thirty years time though when Croft has been made into an Oval for safety, with rubber bumpers at the edge, Matty will be reminiscing about how good the 300 was 'back in the day'.

20 and a half i'll have you know :P

I can remember when it was just the 200 circuit (like the one in game), but the 300 and 100 circuit made it so much more fun to ride. Gave smaller bikes a chance to make the big boys look silly. :D

Allen

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 15, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 15, 2015, 03:39:14 PM

20 and a half i'll have you know :P

I can remember when it was just the 200 circuit (like the one in game), but the 300 and 100 circuit made it so much more fun to ride. Gave smaller bikes a chance to make the big boys look silly. :D

I was doing just that on a 250 against 1300 open class machines in the 80s ;)