• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Server Handling down again? | *UP*

Started by Napalm Nick, September 04, 2015, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 16, 2016, 08:10:53 PM
No I know where Im at bro lol.

Atari closed their servers down and now your fooked to play TDU online!!! At least TDU had AI to race against but if we cant get online we have NOTHING!!!

Was making a statement dear chap

DD

Ah... Sorry mate!... My bad.  :-\ ;D 8)

It's just that I know it's easily done sometimes, especially if your replying to more than one thread at a time as I do at times. Hehe.

Thanks DD  ;) 8)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 16, 2016, 06:06:33 PM
There doesn't appear to be any servers up.

Is there a problem?

Everything should be back to normal now.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 16, 2016, 08:35:50 PM

Is there a problem?

Thank you Piboso! Nice one!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 16, 2016, 08:35:50 PM

Is there a problem?

Thankyou :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Connection Timeout trying to get to World Server list in game

And this page appears frozen http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php?sort=comp

Awaiting confirmation from another person
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

LOOPATELI

I've tried to connect now too, same issue as Napalm

doubledragoncc

I get the same, I actually posted here a while back and the post is gone??? So servers got problems lol.
DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

AE777

MMA Clerk of the Course

Quote from: Hawk on March 22, 2016, 05:39:44 PM
I just want to query:

What would happen to the online side of GPB if for any unforeseen reason Piboso decided to stop supporting GPB with the online server facility? Would we still be able to create our own dedicated server online events for GPB?  I hope so.  :-\

I'm certainly not suggesting this would happen, but nobody can ever say it never would, right?  ;)

Hawk.

Last two days give you the answer  :(. Very scary and already there are many games that the developers switch off their master servers to move to the next project. Much prefer the 'old way' myself, that didn't need a 'Master' (or 'Mistress'). Good for business though. :-*
I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

HornetMaX

Theoretically, if that happens PiBoSo could "donate" the master server code (source or exes) so that someone could run a master server and keep things alive.
But of course that's totally up to him, he has no obligation in this respect.

doubledragoncc

I never got into server stuff, so what would it take to have a dedicated server we could use for such instances and can it be done with nothing from Piboso.

I mean hardware and software to have it up without needing codes or whatever from Piboso.

I ask only as it could relieve P of a bit of pressure at times or if he needs to shut it down to work on his?

DD

HornetMaX

I think at the moment he's willing to keep the master server under his control, as likely the master server is also responsible of checking who can play online and who can not (license check, registration mechanism).
But if one day the project is dead, that task will be irrelevant, so the only function of the master server left will be the centralization all the currently online servers.

You don't need much: code + hw running 24/7 connected to the internet. And somebody to restart it when it crashes :)

But I really see no need to think about that problem right now.

doubledragoncc

Ok thanks bro.

I eventually plan to do something via my website once I can get things going.

DD