• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Riderless bikes

Started by h106frp, October 31, 2015, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Why do i see bikes without a rider when online?

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on October 31, 2015, 10:44:03 PM
Why do i see bikes without a rider when online?

Usually when someone joins a server, the riders already on track will see them as a ghost in all sorts of forms. Lol

The thing to do is pit-in and then pit-out and your system will load the new riders textures for you to see them properly.  :)

Hawk.

h106frp

Thanks, i will give it a try

Napalm Nick

do they join after you then when they next pit it is fixed?  Sometimes the ghost rider is just a ghost bike. Maybe more ghost bike than ghost rider since B7 lol. I saw one tonight too.

Concur Hawks
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

C21

Question:
Is it possible to get rid of this? Or ist hardcoded and a "normal thing".
e.g. if i do long run testing session of 20-30 laps on an online server i do not wan´t to join the garage and reload the other bikes and rider textures because it will ruin my testing session.
is there a way that the textures are loading while out in track`???
if you are playing shooters and people join while playing you also see the full textured model and not only a ghost..??
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on November 01, 2015, 10:09:05 AM
Question:
Is it possible to get rid of this? Or ist hardcoded and a "normal thing".
e.g. if i do long run testing session of 20-30 laps on an online server i do not wan´t to join the garage and reload the other bikes and rider textures because it will ruin my testing session.
is there a way that the textures are loading while out in track`???
if you are playing shooters and people join while playing you also see the full textured model and not only a ghost..??

I'm not a programmer, but I'd have thought with "Multi-Thread" programming you could do it, but I don't believe GPB is multi-threaded(Piboso correct me if I'm wrong please). Therefore everything routine is done in sequence and to load textures in while racing would drastically impair performance probably create very bad stuttering or even freeze frame rates while in it's process.
I'm probably wrong, but just some thoughts off the top of my head.  :)

Hawk.