• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:54:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New to the bike world! any advice?

Started by Mace-x, October 20, 2015, 02:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Ok, finally bought the gear i posted and some acerbis leather gloves (couldnt afford astars or atrox)  :'(

So it runs like this:
Bell qualifier helmet
Acerbis leather gloves
Alpinestars Alux wp jacket (Fitted nice and tight)

Regarding the bike, the bike is brand new, not used and buying a used cbr250 would be around the double wich i cant afford in any way.

The only choice would be a used Yamaha fz-16 but it´s too small  :'(

Mace-x

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 20, 2015, 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: Mace-x on October 20, 2015, 01:41:53 PM
[
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 20, 2015, 09:46:37 AM
The bike has a kickstart so must be bought.

Lol why? xD

Well my friend, it is what we had before electric starters, and breaking an ankle when our BSA or Triumph gave us a blow back, was part of the experience.  :D Crazy as it sounds nowadays I would swop my electric button for a kick any day just for the mechanical man-machine energy transfer and the proud feeling of making a beast come alive. There is more to the biking 'experience' than the bike and the clothes (of course also very important, you are making some wise choices!).

So when you roll up on your Loncin at a veterans bike rally and those old boys see you kick it over a few times to get her running, they will look past the 'fashion show clothing' and '46'' stickers and see the blood of a biker inside. Insta-respec'  ;)

You´re right, now i wont use the damn electric start  ;D

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 20, 2015, 08:20:36 PM
Avoid chinese bikes...

It wont last.. What you save on the purchase price will be spent on keeping the damn thing on the road.

Buy an established brand 2nd hand bike for your 1st road bike.  ;)

Sadly i cant, closest thing would be a fz-16 but is so damn small  :(

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 20, 2015, 08:38:11 PM
As an advice, I'll tell you to really be careful on your choices and sometimes it's better to have a lower budget for the bike to improve your "security package".

About Loncin, I heard about it years ago in GP125 category, but that's all. Stupid question but why do you want to start with a 2nd hand bike? You could have a lot better for less cash  :)

Thanks for the advice, i´m spending a good amount of money on the gear  :)

Regarding the bike, the price is for the bike new, got it with around 45% discount  ;D

Quote from: Docfumi on October 20, 2015, 08:48:48 PM
Just be SAFE on the road, you are most likely the last thing on most car drivers minds
so I treat all traffic as if they can not see you. I try to stay at a safe stopping distance
and in the field of view of the car ahead of me. All the best with your new bike and ride it like you stole it.  ;D

Oooh, i will ride it a lot! <3

Quote from: h106frp on October 20, 2015, 08:55:03 PM
Don't buy a helmet without trying it for fit first, not all brands will fit your head shape (Arai are too tight for me  :( but AGV and others are OK )

You probably will not keep this bike for long and its resale value will be low, have a look for a decent used bike and see what you can get for the same money.

My first non learner bike was a low mileage used Kawasaki GPX250, cheap fun and sold it on for what i paid for it a couple of years later.

Didnt found anything :(
Tested the helmet, it fitted tight but right  ;D

JJS209

Mace-x

Bought it!  ;D

I´m supossed to run it slow for the first 500km or so?
I´ve ridden it to 80km/h without forcing the engine or making quick accelerations, i plan on changing the oil at 100 or 200 km and then ride it normally (110km+)

Pd:
Is freaking fun!  ;D
Altrought cars are duchebags!  :o

matty0l215

Quote from: Mace-x on October 24, 2015, 09:01:06 PM
I´m supossed to run it slow for the first 500km or so?
I´ve ridden it to 80km/h without forcing the engine or making quick accelerations, i plan on changing the oil at 100 or 200 km and then ride it normally (110km+)

This is true for new engines, it is to do with the wearing in of the engine and not the oil. Although an oil change to something decent might be advised :D
It is also to do with a warranty (if you have got one)

Quote from: Mace-x on October 24, 2015, 09:01:06 PM
Pd:
Is freaking fun!  ;D
Altrought cars are duchebags!  :o

Good to see you are enjoying it :D Just take it easy :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JJS209

uhh yeah, congrats to your own bike mate!
i wish you a lot of fun with her.
always ride save and beware of the crazy cagers that will surround you now!

Napalm Nick

Quotecager

Someone who masturbates thinking or looking at nicholas cage photos, while listening to the soundtrack of any of his films circa 1990's.

Bro.. Tonys a total cager, i heard him beating it to "Wild at heart" the other day.

Lol really? They hate bikers too?  :D

Congrats Mace!

Please remember those car drivers will suddenly do anything without notice at any time. Ride expecting them to do the craziest shit at all times. Be ready for 'em!  Have fun!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

To be fair, I've also seen quite some bike riders do some seriously stupid stuff on the road. And while most of the time the car drivers do stupid stuff unintentionally, most of the time bike riders do stupid stuff intentionally.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Lol I KNEW that comment was coming and you didn't disappoint.  Lol ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

I know. I just hate the whole bikers image, the "I own the road" guys. Luckily not all of us are like that.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Dear me. But you realise you assumed that I was saying car drivers were stupid, whereas their actions are mostly caused by lack of vision.

Shame on you, some bikers have little regard for car drivers no matter how holy they pretend to be hehe  ;D

HornetMaX

I wasn't replying to you specifically (no quote), it was just a general remark.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Hehe yes but I prompted it or it was seriously off topic .  :D

But you are right I regularly get invited to races by fan-boys on their modern bikes. Not a biker amongst them. About ten years ago bikes became 'trendy' then all the yuppies bought ducati's and the term - "all the gear / no idea" was revived.

The roads are full of twats, as long as we know it, we survive.

AnnettaSt

November 03, 2015, 08:27:16 AM #29 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:19:36 AM by AnnettaSt
Very impressive! Great Work. thanks for your great sharing  hulle6.com

lg g4s schutzfolie