• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GT . brake bias

Started by oppolo, October 20, 2015, 07:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

October 20, 2015, 07:21:02 PM Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:24:21 PM by oppolo
I'm searching a setup for GT at Victoria with hard tires, when the BIAS reach 65% the tyres doesn't lock anymore, I can push the brake pedal at the botton and it seems there is an ABS, and the master cylinder is not settable

oppolo

another issue, the rear wing doesn't work properly, with wing at 0 I have the same max speed with others values but less grip during turning

Steven

I changed the brake bias (and nothing else) and I can lock the brakes without problems at different values. Can you give more details about the problem and what you do? I guess you could just change the value, go out, hit the brakes at any speed and it won't lock?
Have you changed something else? Does it work again if you only change back the brake bias to the standard value? Are the controller settings ok (calibration)?

oppolo

Hi
controller settings are ok, the track is victoria, they don't lock in flat part of the track, tires have to be warm offcourse. I put here my setup if you want to test with it http://speedy.sh/5G6mc/victoria-hard-tires.stp
can you try also the max speed with rear wing at minimun and at max?

Steven

You are right!

I just remember the same thing from GTR2 where the brakes didn't lock at all. But after changing the brake cooling to get higher temperatures the brakes did lock. I think brake temperture is not included in WRS yet - maybe this would change things?
With a brake bias of for example 50% the brakes locked again (rear tires).

I also tried different values for the wing and on a plane long straight there is a difference. With a final drive ratio of 25/25 the maximum speed with wing at 15 is 266 km/h and at 0 it's 278 km/h. And in corners it makes a big difference, but I have no idea how these differences can be compared to real life.

oppolo

I dont' think WRS simulates carbon brakes as ISI does. yes it has the power of locking only 1 axel

for the wing, Victoria track, final 25/25
0     258 km(h
8     254
15   249
also I dont' know if they can be real, but fortunately I was wrong, at least wing works