• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
February 27, 2024, 04:13:28 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)


Finally joined the Piboso forum, Hi everyone! + my thoughts on this sim.

Started by SirSyphron, October 22, 2015, 04:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirSyphron

Hello everyone!! my name is Rob, i'm Australian, and ive been playing the GP Bikes demo on and off for about a year now, and now that i got my own debit card i finally bought the liscence!

Moving from the demo on Beta 4b and getting pretty good at the gp125 on Victoria, to updating to beta 6c last week.... my word, what a difference!! im not sure if i'm completely used to the difference, i can't seem to stop those tank slappers no matter what i do!. I didn't seem to have a problem on Beta 4b. Other than that, the update was welcome to me. I love this sim so much! much time has been spent on it when i should be studying for my HSC final exams, so i blame you PiBoSo if i fail ;).

P.S, the only other thing in this sim that bugs me is the strange side movement that a bike has when going around sharper corners. I know in real life, the front and back wheels don't follow the exact same path, but the back wheel seems to sit a little too much on the inside of the turn, actually travelling diagonal with the proper rotation of the back wheel. I'm not sure if i'm just seeing things, but the replays look un-natural sometimes, especially when coming over a crest/bend combination, but this is really just an aesthetic nitpicking situation. There's not much to complain about in reality!!

Anyway, i gotta go to work! Thanks PiBoSo for the great sim and thankyou GP Bikes community for being such cool people compared to other simulation forums *cough* mx sim *cough*  ;D, looking forward to seeing all of you on the track once i download all the bikes!!  :) Happy racing
Good at everything, but great at nothing..

Hawk

Welcome aboard SirSyphron!  ;D 8)

What your saying there about the wheels seeming to not be tracking correctly has been noticed by quite a lot of riders and discussed in the forum a few times; I can only presume Piboso is aware of this(we've not heard any comments from Piboso on this)?

Yes, the difference from beta 4 to beta 6 is pretty big as far as the handling characteristics are concerned... Personally I think 90% of bike handling issues are Bike MOD physics related as most bike MODS as I understand it are still work-in-progress(WIP) projects. The other 10% of issues I believe are GPB related and we're hoping these will be fixed in the soon to be released beta 7 update.  ;D

Only advice about the tank-slapping I can give you is to shut the throttle for a split second to regain control; this is something you would do in reality too.  ;)

Again, welcome and see you on track soon mate!  8)

Hawk.
PS: Even the default bikes it seems didn't get their physics tweaked properly for beta 6 release, though most are not too bad handling(manageable so to speak while we await beta 7 update.)

Napalm Nick

Welcome mate.  :)

Hopefully the other Aussies will be in touch with you too so you guys can get some online racing going!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"


WALKEN

Help me, help you!

-aGy-

Quote from: SirSyphron on October 22, 2015, 04:07:04 AM
P.S, the only other thing in this sim that bugs me is the strange side movement that a bike has when going around sharper corners. I know in real life, the front and back wheels don't follow the exact same path, but the back wheel seems to sit a little too much on the inside of the turn, actually travelling diagonal with the proper rotation of the back wheel. I'm not sure if i'm just seeing things, but the replays look un-natural sometimes, especially when coming over a crest/bend combination, but this is really just an aesthetic nitpicking situation. There's not much to complain about in reality!!

Quote

so I'm not the only one who has noticed the same thing. yeah bike movement on replays looking wierd when turn has camber. welcome aboard

SirSyphron

Good at everything, but great at nothing..