• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:32:01 AM

MotoGP Future?

Started by WALKEN, October 28, 2015, 10:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

As I said on the French forum, this is the (not-so) virtual rider.

There's one question I'd like to ask about what it can do but ... no OK, I'll skip that :)

MaX.

WALKEN

I will say this-

The kick from a robot most likely can push a MotoGP over but if robots are the future of racing then who cares?
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Quote from: WALKEN on October 28, 2015, 10:32:00 PM
I will say this-

The kick from a robot most likely can push a MotoGP over but if robots are the future of racing then who cares?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Ah yes this is the same guy who worked as the automatic fire sprinkler activator at Walmart.

Seems it was crash test dummy or the junkyard.

https://www.youtube.com/v/1DSzvN8XtdI
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Lol.... It's an interesting project but it will never take the place of a MotoGP rider - AI(Artificial Intelligence) is a long, long way from being perfected yet, maybe another 50 - 100 years and we'll have cracked it when they eventually get a commercial Quantum computer working properly.

If you look, the robot is even struggling to keep the bike upright and straight. Lol

As I say, it's an interesting project.... but naaarrh, it'll never happen.  ;D

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

October 29, 2015, 11:23:29 AM #6 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:54:48 AM by CapeDoctor
https://www.youtube.com/v/B1BdQcJ2ZYY

affirmative :D

edit - modified link for preview in forum ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 29, 2015, 11:03:39 AM
Lol.... It's an interesting project but it will never take the place of a MotoGP rider - AI(Artificial Intelligence) is a long, long way from being perfected yet, maybe another 50 - 100 years and we'll have cracked it when they eventually get a commercial Quantum computer working properly.

If you look, the robot is even struggling to keep the bike upright and straight. Lol

As I say, it's an interesting project.... but naaarrh, it'll never happen.  ;D

Hawk.

I agree. I would even go as far as saying that it would not be entertaining. Maybe it would be interesting to see whether it is possible, but after that it would be extremely boring, at least from my perspective. Imo, it is only entertaining as long as humans sit on race bikes or race cars.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

To goal of the project was not to replace a motogp rider, of course.

But that said, I'm not so sure robot races would not be entertaining. For sure they would be something different from human races, but they could be entertaining as well IMO.
Some robot-based competitions are actually pretty funny to watch.

MaX.

AnnettaSt

November 03, 2015, 08:23:43 AM #9 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:18:48 AM by AnnettaSt

CapeDoctor

lol, if you like the Conchords, you will probably enjoy a recent comedy movie from New Zealand, also starring Jermaine, called 'What we do in the Shadows'
it's hilarious  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/IAZEWtyhpes

8)