• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Why no penalty for Marquez?

Started by Blackheart, October 25, 2015, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on October 27, 2015, 07:53:13 PM
I hope the entire field lets Rossi by without contest to show protest against such a stupid ruling.
Yeah, right. I'm sure Vale himself would be very proud of that ...

But out of curiosity, what would have been, in your opinon, an intelligent ruling in Sepang race ?

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on October 27, 2015, 08:07:01 PM
Petrucci could make a miracle ... (it's definitely the best Italian rider after Rossi) but ride a tricycle  :-X

Maybe if rain...

Hey your bloody Italian, support your bloody bike!!! :P

Iannone and Dovi are better rider than Rossi ever was on a Ducati at least  ::)

Doesn't look like rain...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 27, 2015, 08:10:14 PM
I hope the entire field lets Rossi by without contest to show protest against such a stupid ruling.

But out of curiosity, what would have been, in your opinon, an intelligent ruling in Sepang race ?

MaX.

In My Opinion

70/30 Rossi/Marquez (and this is from a Rossi over Marquez fan)

The crash was avoidable by Marc, he provoked Rossi into it. But Rossi was wrong for causing him to crash.

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 27, 2015, 08:14:37 PM
But how do you translate 70/30 into a race director's decision ?
Marquez has lost a pretty much granted 3rd or 4th place, Rossi arrived 3rd. What's your call ?

Notice that from a Race Direction point of view, the fact that the championship is at stake is irrelevant (or nearly so).

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 27, 2015, 08:33:45 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on October 27, 2015, 08:14:37 PM
But how do you translate 70/30 into a race director's decision ?
Marquez has lost a pretty much granted 3rd or 4th place, Rossi arrived 3rd. What's your call ?

Notice that from a Race Direction point of view, the fact that the championship is at stake is irrelevant (or nearly so).

MaX.

Fair enough, i'm just saying 70 30 because it puts most of the blame on Rossi, which it was his fault. But i still hold that the incident could have been avoided if Marquez had of yielded.

Rossi was completely off line (which he shouldn't have been for sure) and Marquez could have gone under Rossi instead of around him and he would have been a quarter of the way up the straight before Rossi could have recovered.

And as for race directory, if they had black flagged Rossi, they'd of had a riot on their hands :o  Their decision might not have been... "Correct", but it gave Rossi enough of a kick in the teeth to make him have to fight hard for his championship.

I'm not saying that it wasn't Rossi's fault (it was pretty clear that it was). But he's not 100% to blame :P As Walken said, he didn't kick him, He nudged him with his knee ::) ;D

HornetMaX

@Matty: so essentially you're saying VR is guilty and escaped a DSQ only because he's VR. That's bad.

And the reason it is bad is that, if Rossi does a wonderful job in Valencia and wins the title, Jorge will always be able to say "he should have been DSQ", and rightly so. As C.Fogarty said (and Stoner too, but OK, it's Stoner), if any other rider did what VR did, he would be DSQ instantly no hesitation.

I'm still interested in WALKEN's idea of "fair" race director call ...

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 27, 2015, 08:59:15 PM
@Matty: so essentially you're saying VR is guilty and escaped a DSQ only because he's VR. That's bad.

And the reason it is bad is that, if Rossi does a wonderful job in Valencia and wins the title, Jorge will always be able to say "he should have been DSQ", and rightly so. As C.Fogarty said (and Stoner too, but OK, it's Stoner), if any other rider did what VR did, he would be DSQ instantly no hesitation.

I'm still interested in WALKEN's idea of "fair" race director call ...

MaX.

Very true, but he is the GOAT (which i didn't quite understand until recently:P) after all so Untouchable sadly. But then again, George is a whiny little B when it doesn't go his way in a fight, fair or not.

I just want to see two riders battling for the Moto GP world championship, not 2 Spaniards and an Italian having a bitch fit about it...

Stout Johnson

October 27, 2015, 09:51:09 PM #37 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:56:06 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: matty0l215 on October 27, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
Very true, but he is the GOAT
For me thats nonsense. Everybody should be treated the same and I think everybody would have been treated the same. As race direction best thing you can do is hold up all possibilities until you can make a sound decision based on as many facts as possible. If you have the possibility to hear the riders involved and to check all available camera angles then you should do it. You can still DQ a rider even after he finished the race. To be honest, when I saw the live pictures I also said to myself that Vale should be DQ'ed because it seemed obvious that he intentionally kicked MM with his foot. But after checking replay in slo-mo from various angles, it is obvious to me that he just wanted to squeeze MM off track in order to make a statement and to make MM run in the dirt and gain some time.

So race direction in my opinion was right to postpone any decisions until after race to have all possible sanctions available. I respect Stoner as a rider very much, but personally he is a whiner, so I don't give that much about what he says. Especially when it is directed at Vale which obviously he has never been very fond of. I think there were more objective comments by other former riders.

For me, the decision as it stands is pretty harsh but appropriate. Vale did not want MM to crash, but he condoned it as a possibility while running him off and that clearly is a no-go. With the decision as it stands, imo Vale does not have much of a chance to win the title now, so I think you cannot really say that Vale has an obvious bonus with the race direction. Marketing-wise a championship of Rossi holds a much better value than one of Jorge. So if race direction would have made a soft decision that would allow higher winning chances for Vale, I would have said that bad policies were involved, but not with the slim chances he has now. I actually think that race direction made a fair judgement.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

The feud is over - BETA 7 is out!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 27, 2015, 09:51:09 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on October 27, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
Very true, but he is the GOAT
For me thats nonsense.

True :P

But then again, Rossi is the reason thousands watch moto gp and to kick him out or a championship fight would be the wrong "Financial" move for Dorna.

He currently has GOD status and will continue to till he retires or does something horrendously Idiotic.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 27, 2015, 09:57:02 PM
The feud is over - BETA 7 is out!

And yes, I'm done for now 8)

WALKEN

October 27, 2015, 10:50:05 PM #40 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:02:21 PM by WALKEN
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 27, 2015, 08:10:14 PM

MaX.

I'm sure Rossi wouldn't be proud at all, neither "should" Jorge as the championship title has been tainted by Marquez...

If I was race director and had to make a call on this matter. 

Marquez provoked Rossi and interfered in a championship runners title. Marquez should have been penalized for this. Rossi could have played the part of the bigger man and should have but he said F^&% it.  That being said both riders should be penalized! But to send Rossi to the back of the grid at Valencia I believe is to harsh. Take the 3 points from Rossi and take points from Marc for interfering.  Its out of respect that fellow riders allow title contenders to battle without unnecessary interference.

IMO, Rossi should have played Marc"s game and came in 4th, or followed him  to allow everyone who believes otherwise to see the truth. 

No one wins this year!  That is one trophy to not be proud of no matter who wins it.

I got sick to my stomach when I watch Marc fall. But he antagonized it.  As a man, Rossi should have allowed Marc to be a little C&^% and take it on the chin.     

Its so obvious what happened if you watch the race live. Marc was like a over aggressive little fly buzzing around Rossi to ruin his momentum and title chance.

Again I stress no one wins in this championship this year as watching the last race is not something that will bring joy to anyone.  If I feel bad for anyone I feel bad for Jorge.   

And I must add- Sure Rossi gets better treatment because of his status. Is it right or wrong? You tell me? Do people in Rossi's position earn that special treatment or is it handed to them?  Hard reality is, there is a pecking order in everything in life.           
Help me, help you!

WALKEN

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 27, 2015, 07:57:09 PM
What about the Flying Duck?? (Iannone) He doesn't give a s**t who's at the front he'll just power through  ;D

Well let me tell you, if I was race director I would have penalized that seagull for sure  ;)
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on October 27, 2015, 10:50:05 PM
I'm sure Rossi wouldn't be proud at all, neither "should" Jorge as the championship title has been tainted by Marquez...

If I was race director and had to make a call on this matter. 

Marquez provoked Rossi and interfered in a championship runners title. Marquez should have been penalized for this. Rossi could have played the part of the bigger man and should have but he said F^&% it.  That being said both riders should be penalized! But to send Rossi to the back of the grid at Valencia I believe is to harsh. Take the 3 points from Rossi and take points from Marc for interfering.  Its out of respect that fellow riders allow title contenders to battle without unnecessary interference.

IMO, Rossi should have played Marc"s game and came in 4th, or followed him  to allow everyone who believes otherwise to see the truth. 

No one wins this year!  That is one trophy to not be proud of no matter who wins it.

I got sick to my stomach when I watch Marc fall. But he antagonized it.  As a man, Rossi should have allowed Marc to be a little C&^% and take it on the chin.     

Its so obvious what happened if you watch the race live. Marc was like a over aggressive little fly buzzing around Rossi to ruin his momentum and title chance.

Again I stress no one wins in this championship this year as watching the last race is not something that will bring joy to anyone.  If I feel bad for anyone I feel bad for Jorge.             
So in the end we agree on almost everything.

But is it better for Rossi:

• to have a 7pts lead and start last (as it will be)
  • or to have a 4pts lead and qualify normally (as it would be if race direction had only given him a 10sec penalty, making him 4th instead of 3rd in Sepang, as you're suggesting)

I think it's a closer call than it seems first sight ... with only a 4 pts lead, essentially Rossi would need to arrive before Lorenzo, assuming Jorge will finish 1st or 2nd. Note that in case of equal points, Lorenzo wins because of more wins.

With a 7pts lead, it's a whole different story ...

Quote from: WALKEN on October 27, 2015, 11:07:44 PM
Well let me tell you, if I was race director I would have penalized that seagull for sure  ;)
Right: the seagull was not involved in the fight for the championship, he/she shuld have let all the riders pass without any obstruction  :P

MaX.

Blackheart

There is a petition to save the champ, if Lorenzo wants to win must beat honestly Rossi.

Remove the penalty from Valentino Rossi and bring back integrity to the Championship

Napalm Nick

Having thought more on this what Official Rule was applied in making Valentino's penalty? Contact?

Speaking about how the decision was made, Webb explained: 'We listened to both riders; our opinion was that there was some fault on both sides, but as far as the rulebook goes Marquez did not make any contact, did not break any rules as such, but we feel that his behaviour was causing problems to Rossi who reacted. Unfortunately he reacted in a way that is against the rules.'

Er it takes two to make a contact dunnit? And it was Marc who rode into Rossi if we are being black and white.

Good luck on the appeal I say - Rossi did not break any written rules "as such" did he?

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"