• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBB7 | Sound Kneeslider

Started by PeterV, October 28, 2015, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

October 28, 2015, 09:13:20 PM Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:19:27 PM by PeterV
Is the sound from the knee slider only noticeable in 1st person view?
Cant hear the knee slider sound in 3th person view.

Can anyone confirm?

Blackheart

Is noticeable also in the 3th person view realy  ???

C21

QuoteIs the sound from the knee slider only noticeable in 1st person view?
Cant hear the knee slider sound in 3th person view.
+1
In 1st persopn it´s barely noticable...in 3rd person no sound for me.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Vergio101

third person in the last corner of victoria does sound

Vini

The sound is also extremely quite for me.

Hawk

I have not heard the knee slider sound either.

Hawk.

LOOPATELI

I haven't heard it either. I'll try this night to delete de bike sounds and see if there is some tinny sound over there.

BOBR6 84

Its loud in the replay.. Nose/wheel cam!

I thought I could hear it loud on the 500cc but turns out it was the crank case lol or some part of the bike...

h106frp

Noticeable in first person on low speed corners with a lot of lean - it sounds a lot like the wind noise you get at higher speeds

Napalm Nick

If there is one volume slider I would like it would be one for the engine volume . We already have issues with Mod Bike authors over amping the engine noise.

If we could change the engine noise to our liking then all these other wonderful noises could be released.

There are already some sound options so any chance of that being added?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Yohji

you open effect.pkz with zip Utility soft > sound > sets> open misc.cfg with notepad
and

min_distance = 0.1
bigger this parameta (about 1.0?)
save it to \Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\sounds\sets.

you can hear slide sound  ;)

CapeDoctor

thanks, Yohji - followed your advice and now i finally hear the knee-slider quite easily in both first and third person view.
as mentioned previously, heard easiest in slow corners, and on Victoria on the climb to Lukey Heights i had it on the slider all the way - very cool! :D

C21

October 30, 2015, 07:00:43 AM #12 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:30:41 AM by C21
Quoteyou open effect.pkz with zip Utility soft > sound > sets> open misc.cfg with notepad
and

min_distance = 0.1
bigger this parameta (about 1.0?)
save it to \Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\sounds\sets.

you can hear slide sound
You´re the man!
Saving me a lot of time today. I was also of the opinion that the sound can be adjusted within the files and just as i start searching i found the answer  ;)
Much appriciated.
In third person the knee slider sound is really there in the last corner of Victoria but very quiet. Depending on the bike you can hear it or not.

A feature like this:
QuoteIf there is one volume slider I would like it would be one for the engine volume . We already have issues with Mod Bike authors over amping the engine noise.

If we could change the engine noise to our liking then all these other wonderful noises could be released.

is missing and should be implemented in one of the next Beta´s.

edit: @Cape  mistyping ....it´s early morning ;-) right , i corrected it,

CapeDoctor

Quote from: C21 on October 30, 2015, 07:00:43 AM

QuoteIf there is one volume slider I would like it would be one for the engine volume . We already have issues with Mod Bike authors over amping the engine noise.

is missing and should be imolemente in one of the next Beta´s.

that's good news, indeed - although i'm not sure what the word 'imolemente' means(implemented, maybe?), it sounds promising :D

C21

October 30, 2015, 07:55:41 AM #14 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:59:44 AM by C21
Just for information.
Used Varese on Victoria.
Standard value is 0.1.
Kneeslider for me only barely audible on the last corner before start/finish line.
raised value to 0.3
Now in the first corner and down to luckey heigts also audible.
raised to 0.5
now the slider is audible the way i prefer and which suits my riding style in real life. (maybe i will go back to 0.4)

But do not misunderstand me:
you can NOT alter the sound in volume with this action just make it more noticable because the slider sound is played earlier or in other words played on less lean angle.
This feature to alter the volume (of kneeslieder or engine) independenty is still missing.
In my opinion the slider sound is a bit too weak. I would prefer a slider to raise or lower the sound to suit each person preferred style.
Maybe it is possible to resample the kneeslider sound wave file to a louder version?