• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
July 13, 2020, 01:43:51 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:12:41 PM by PiBoSo
GP Bikes beta7b released:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads

Changelog:
fix: replay crash
fix: rider lean override
fix: joystick freelook pitch
fix: freelook tilt
fix: live timing track data
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Yohji


Boerenlater

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

GP Bikes beta7b released:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads

Changelog:
fix: replay crash
fix: joystick freelook pitch
fix: freelook tilt
fix: live timing track data
Fresh install or just over the old b7?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

C21

Always prefer fresh install. doesn´t take that long....
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #


fabio93bg

125 unridealble, 500 after 1-2 lap begins to lose the front, 1000 at least driveable. in some tracks and in some turns the bikes lean only a bit (for example aragon on the S).
Personally i'd like these thing solved rather than smoke (bit someone is happy just for this it seems..). 125 is the ticket to GPB, if it is unrideable and embarassing, who'll buy the SIM?

Alby46

Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
125 unridealble, 500 after 1-2 lap begins to lose the front, 1000 at least driveable. in some tracks and in some turns the bikes lean only a bit (for example aragon on the S).
Personally i'd like these thing solved rather than smoke (bit someone is happy just for this it seems..). 125 is the ticket to GPB, if it is unrideable and embarassing, who'll buy the SIM?
+infinite
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

CapeDoctor

wow, many differing views here - so far i have tried the 125 and one of the 500's, on Victoria and on A1 Ring, and i found that overall there's a huge improvement with the way both bikes handled.
there is still room for improvement (isn't there always?  ;D), but my first impressions so far are very good. a big step forward, imo. ;)
btw, my testing was done on the previous b7, still busy downloading b7b

what issues are guys having with the 125, can i ask? to say 'it's unrideable' doesn't help anyone - if you want to see physics improvements, it's essential to give specific and detailed info on what isn't working.
i am by no means a great rider, but i found a big step forward with the 125 with my initial tests, even though i don't ride it that often...

Stout Johnson

Thnx for the quick fix Piboso!

Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
in some tracks and in some turns the bikes lean only a bit (for example aragon on the S).
Please make sure to only give your feedback based on 'stock content'. Piboso is responsible for the 3 stock bikes (well 4, if counting the other 125cc) on the 'Victoria' track. Any other bike or track might be subject to conditions that are in the hands of the respective modder and may not reproduce conditions that are backed by Piboso.

If you have feedback of behaviour of Piboso's content then feel free to post it here, otherwise the feedback is basically not worth a penny. Let me give you an example: I was trying to run with Murasama on mod track Sepang v0.9. I found that you literally had to 'crouch' around the first chicane, because the bike seemed to be reluctant to lean. I left the server and entered Victoria, cross-checked with the lean on the Victoria in Honda Corner and corner after Lucky Heights and there it was perfectly fine. So Piboso cannot be blamed.

The virtual rider in GPB seems to have a calculation of the grip level, based on track conditions and maybe other factors. That is why you cannot lean very far on grass or on wet surface. My conclusion is, that on tracks where you seem to not be able to lean appropriately, grip level seems to be sub-par.
@Piboso: Can you confirm my assumption above please?

@Moderators: I guess there needs to be some sort of stickied info to make sure everybody is aware of that and Piboso only gets fair feedback based on his actual content. If so, the feedback will be much more helpful to him.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

fabio93bg

pushing the 125 as it should you cant keep the front, you' ll fall just like the previous beta. the generale feeling is nothing is you can't do a turn properly beacuse you everytime risks to fall. I remember 125cc in beta4. and it was not perfect obviously, but fun and challenging, nothing like this. the 500 is better bit if you push it after 1-2 laps it will ne Aldo unpredictable on when you' ll far for the front end. oh, and for me it wheelie a bit too much. The best thing on this beta is the braking.

fabio93bg

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 29, 2015, 01:02:11 PM
Thnx for the quick fix Piboso!

Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
in some tracks and in some turns the bikes lean only a bit (for example aragon on the S).
Please make sure to only give your feedback based on 'stock content'. Piboso is responsible for the 3 stock bikes (well 4, if counting the other 125cc) on the 'Victoria' track. Any other bike or track might be subject to conditions that are in the hands of the respective modder and may not reproduce conditions that are backed by Piboso.

If you have feedback of behaviour of Piboso's content then feel free to post it here, otherwise the feedback is basically not worth a penny. Let me give you an example: I was trying to run with Murasama on mod track Sepang v0.9. I found that you literally had to 'crouch' around the first chicane, because the bike seemed to be reluctant to lean. I left the server and entered Victoria, cross-checked with the lean on the Victoria in Honda Corner and corner after Lucky Heights and there it was perfectly fine. So Piboso cannot be blamed.

The virtual rider in GPB seems to have a calculation of the grip level, based on track conditions and maybe other factors. That is why you cannot lean very far on grass or on wet surface. My conclusion is, that on tracks where you seem to not be able to lean appropriately, grip level seems to be sub-par.
@Piboso: Can you confirm my assumption above please?

@Moderators: I guess there needs to be some sort of stickied info to make sure everybody is aware of that and Piboso only gets fair feedback based on his actual content. If so, the feedback will be much more helpful to him.
ok, maybe some calculation. but why in the previous beta we hadn' t the problem?
and, my bike in real life has not calculation on how it should lean, i decide how much i have to lean the bike.
and, if this calculation was in the game, 125cc should not lean at all to prevent falling

Alby46

After trying the 125, i thought it was me that had problems with strange crashes as i easily lost the front tire. Now fortunately i read that others have the same problem. I think that physics got worse with this new beta
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Vergio101

Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 01:06:43 PM
pushing the 125 as it should you cant keep the front, you' ll fall just like the previous beta. the generale feeling is nothing is you can't do a turn properly beacuse you everytime risks to fall. I remember 125cc in beta4. and it was not perfect obviously, but fun and challenging, nothing like this. the 500 is better bit if you push it after 1-2 laps it will ne Aldo unpredictable on when you' ll far for the front end. oh, and for me it wheelie a bit too much. The best thing on this beta is the braking.
;D

Stout Johnson

October 29, 2015, 01:38:46 PM #12 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:46:10 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 01:13:00 PM
ok, maybe some calculation. but why in the previous beta we hadn' t the problem?
There might be several reasons. For one, VR is being developed constantly and it might be totally different from one beta to the next. Also, maybe grip conditions on Victoria might have changed.

Btw: Piboso was reluctant to allow GPB for modding. But he eventually decided to allow GPB to be modded even in its development state which all of us are very happy for. But we owe it to him not to hold it against him. And to base feedback on mod content just is out of place. Fortunately, most users are aware of that.

Quote from: fabio93bg on October 29, 2015, 01:13:00 PM
and, my bike in real life has not calculation on how it should lean, i decide how much i have to lean the bike.
In contrast to real life, the average GPB user only has a Xbox controller (or similar). If you are happy enough to have a more advanced means of control, GPB supports hardcore mode where you can freely lean in any lean angle you like without any VR behaviour. I myself only have a normal controller and am happy with the way VR allows me to easily play this sim.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Bike: Varase 500cc

Track: Victoria

Server: GPBOC

Problem: Core.exe Crash.

When entering server for first time and before you do anything else, try going straight to "Live Replay". I get a core.exe every time I do this.... Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this too?

If on entering server for first time I go to track and do some laps and then try going to "Live Replay" it works fine.  :)

Hawk.

C21

Got a missing bike error when entering GBPOC4....trying to review the case Hawk described above... :o (VArese,Victoria,GPBOC4)
But i have all mod bikes installed in B7b, maybe that´s the reason....too much bikes  :)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #