• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:56:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Davide74

it works well CapeDoctor ;)

teeds

Just been doing some testing and found that if you go to replay before going to track you get instant core crash, go to track and after replay works fine although I think other cores may occur for other reasons.

The other people I see getting core after core while others in the same server play on with no issue seems very much like the MXB and WRS crashes that occur. I've had these crashes myself in MXB, WRS and now GPB, only fix for any individual server/player problem combo is a server restart.

e.g.
PlayerA joins server1, core crash, re-join, core, re-join ,core, re-join, core with anything from 1 to 3 mins ish between crashes.
PlayerB joins server1, no crashes.
PlayerA joins server2 without changing anything in GPB, no crashes.
PlayerA rejoins server1, core after core again.
Restart server1, cores gone for PlayerA but now there's a possibility PlayerB will get the constant crash problem.

It's like a roll of the dice when you join any server currently, not sure all these other alterations are nailing it as it's pretty random and seems to be only a few at a time that get the issue, hence they blame their files or configs as others are playing fine.

Probably other problems too but this is worth considering, if only to help not waste peoples time. Easy way to eliminate the server as relative to the cause is to ask, has anyone had these repeated cores in single player testing?

Napalm Nick

Quote from: teeds on October 30, 2015, 12:37:29 PM
Just been doing some testing and found that if you go to replay before going to track you get instant core crash, go to track and after replay works fine although I think other cores may occur for other reasons.

Yes Hawker got that here http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2778.msg41946#msg41946 s thats 3 of us concur

Quote from: teeds on October 30, 2015, 12:37:29 PM
The other people I see getting core after core while others in the same server play on with no issue seems very much like the MXB and WRS crashes that occur. I've had these crashes myself in MXB, WRS and now GPB, only fix for any individual server/player problem combo is a server restart.

e.g.
PlayerA joins server1, core crash, re-join, core, re-join ,core, re-join, core with anything from 1 to 3 mins ish between crashes.
PlayerB joins server1, no crashes.
PlayerA joins server2 without changing anything in GPB, no crashes.
PlayerA rejoins server1, core after core again.
Restart server1, cores gone for PlayerA but now there's a possibility PlayerB will get the constant crash problem.

It's like a roll of the dice when you join any server currently, not sure all these other alterations are nailing it as it's pretty random and seems to be only a few at a time that get the issue, hence they blame their files or configs as others are playing fine.

Probably other problems too but this is worth considering, if only to help not waste peoples time. Easy way to eliminate the server as relative to the cause is to ask, has anyone had these repeated cores in single player testing?

All suspiciously similar to the problems seen when using Dynamic tracks. Has Victoria been made Dynamic again? Do people get the same amount of cores at GPBOC 2 (NDS tracks)?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Just some more observations to report:

I'm definitely getting regular online core.exe crashes now. I hope this is because we're now using "Dynamic Surface" Tracks again at this time? It maybe a good idea to test an NDS track online to see if it's more stable.  ;)

Also definitely taking longer to establish a connection to an online server now than was before in Beta 6c.

I can't quite put my finger on it yet, and it maybe because the 500 Varase wheelies too easily right now, but anytime my front wheel is just slightly off ground I cannot steer the bike at all... It's causing me a lot of problems right now with the 500's front end lifting at the slightest touch or bump..... Almost reminds me of the same problem we were experiencing in Beta 5, I think it was?

Also the effect of the bike wanting to stand upright under front braking seems too strong to me personally... again reminds me of an earlier beta.

I think I know why I cannot hear the knee slider on the 500..... the bike doesn't look like it's leaning far enough over for the rider to be able to scrape his knee's. Lol.  And yes I have calibrated my joystick.  ;) :)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 30, 2015, 01:11:29 PM
... anytime my front wheel is just slightly off ground I cannot steer the bike at all...
this is something i've also noticed with the b7 version, absolutely zero chance of steering, although admittedly i first noticed this with the Yamaha M1 mod bike, but i experienced it with the stock 125, as well - so safe to assume it's the same across the board.
anyway, i'll be sure to test with the rest of the stock bikes before saying much more on the subject, but with the M1 on Phillip Island track, i have to back off the throttle way more than would be necessary in reality, just to avoid the front wheel lifting and accompanying inability to steer the bike at all.

Davide74

October 30, 2015, 01:20:29 PM #67 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:22:07 PM by Davide74
I like the weight of the pilot now when exiting the quick corners, corner 2 or Philip island or last corner, it took me a while to adjust but is now even better.

C21

October 30, 2015, 01:28:00 PM #68 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:37:39 PM by C21
QuoteI'm definitely getting regular online core.exe crashes now.
+1
but
it´s really strange.
i entered gpboc1 this morning as the 1st player on the server.
connectin time was 6 seconds!
i drove a long run of 30laps (crashing multiple times) but got no core.
people connected and disconnected in that time but i could drive with o issue at all.
After 30 laps completed (about 55min playing time) i joined the replay. saved.
until that no issues.
selected other players in replay.
watched hawk for 1/2 a lap and davide.
game freeze. core.exe.
rejoined.
connecting time was a lot seconds more. about 50...
going straight to replay.
game freeze. core. exe.
rejoined.
connecting time as above about 45-60 seconds.
joined track.
after 2 laps core.exe again out of a sudden while driving.

QuoteI can't quite put my finger on it yet, and it maybe because the 500 Varase wheelies too easily right now
agree. still too easy.

QuoteAlso the effect of the bike wanting to stand upright under front braking seems too strong to me personally
i´m not getting warm with the front brake. the front brake in b6c was imho better. i could easy brake late into corner midpoint (for me it was good feeling close to real...you could still loose the front braking too much and too hard into corner)
braking like this is impossible for me with b7b right now.
i have no feeling for the front brake anymore, in b6c i was aware what the front did under braking. it was the ideal setup. i could set the brake points close to real ones on the track and it was a noticable difference in the different brake diameter. in 7b i lost the complete feeling for the brake.

QuoteI like the weight of the pilot now when exiting the quick corners, corner 2 or Philip island or last corner, it took me a while to adjust but is now even better.
+1
but it took time to adjust myself to it. right now i like it very much.

[positive]
The turn in of the bike is much improved against b6c, like it.
Also the rear sliding is more controlable, i mean when it kicks in.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

October 30, 2015, 01:38:07 PM #69 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:39:58 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: C21 on October 30, 2015, 01:28:00 PM
Quote from: HawkAlso the effect of the bike wanting to stand upright under front braking seems too strong to me personally
i´m not getting warm with the front brake. the front brake in b6c was imho better. i could easy brake into corner midpoint. impossible for me with b7b right now.

Absolutely agree on that Chris. Seems to me that in beta7b all the front braking now needs to be done and finished before leaning into a corner - that is not reality at all in my experience.

Hawk.

Adalgood

Quote from: Adalgood on October 29, 2015, 08:10:25 PM
I'm sorry but I understand nothing. I installed the B7 and does not let me to any server. It always stays in the "conected" screen. No I have not installed any Mod and circuits. This noon today have been playing on a server as always. Any help please?

My problem is to open the ports 10500 and 10510. There server to which I can not go because it makes me a "lost CONNECTION" screen and this is why I will have opened.

Now I have to close them to enter any server.

Thanks for the answers.

h106frp

Also long connection time

Also multiple cores after a few laps today .... but 1hr playing late last night with no problems and similar number of bikes on line .. weird

Vini

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 30, 2015, 01:11:29 PMI can't quite put my finger on it yet, and it maybe because the 500 Varase wheelies too easily right now, but anytime my front wheel is just slightly off ground I cannot steer the bike at all... It's causing me a lot of problems right now with the 500's front end lifting at the slightest touch or bump..... Almost reminds me of the same problem we were experiencing in Beta 5, I think it was?

Also the effect of the bike wanting to stand upright under front braking seems too strong to me personally... again reminds me of an earlier beta.
I think the same way.
You cannot steer the bike on one wheel anymore and locking up the front is impossible at lean angle because the bike will simply stand itself up to a certain point.
You can actually brake harder when the bike is leaned over (100% possible to the very last moment) than when it is upright.
I am not a fan of the new braking at all.

Also, the GP1000 bikes now feel like tractors, the lean angle and corner is speed is way too low IMO.

I think the the core.exe crashes may result from the new netcode.

BOBR6 84

Just noticed the rear brake seems pretty good now.. you can skid and slide around at low speed and its controllable. nice  8)

Hawk

I'm getting core.exe crashes all the time now on the GPBOC Victoria server..... I hope it is because of the Dynamic Surface because if it's not then I wouldn't be able to do race events at all as it is.  :(

@Nick: Any chance of putting an NDS track up to test for online stability compared to Dynamic Surface please mate?  :)

Hawk.