• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:42:11 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Oups, the replay crash (got to replay before going to track leading to a crash) was my fault.

Please update MaxHUD to 1.9.9g, that should fix it.

MaX.

teeds

Napalm Nick

October 31, 2015, 01:06:43 PM #92 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:11:32 PM by Napalm Nick
well discovered Max, will test this and update this post in a short while.

All working A O K.    No more going-straight-to-replay crash, well done Max.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on October 31, 2015, 12:03:29 PM
First impression of Beta7b (No modded content installed except for MaxHUD. All bikes on default settings, only running on Victoria, offline, helmet view, no rider assists except automatic clutch. Virtual rider auto F/B and L/R, Controller: custom):

+ 990 and 500 are much more stable on the front in slow corners and braking.
+ Overall handling improved.
+ Less prone to wheelie all the time (990/500).
+ TC and AW less aggressive (990).

- 125 still suffers from the same old front issues.
- 990 loosing the front in banked high speed corners (last corner at Victoria, inside line) if you decrease throttle.
- Core.exe running over the curve at turn 1 (990)
- Rear seems to give less warning before it let's go, can't feel initial slide: no slide... no slide... Boom, rear comes around (990).
- Rear brake does not close the trajectory enough in corners, have to test some more to give definite comment on this one (990/500).
- Still feels a little bit to wobbly on the front at approximately 30-40 degrees lean angle when you are standing the bike up out of the corner or adjusting trajectory (990). 

Have not played that long, and only did a few laps on the 125 (front end problem remains, no point in riding more with that one IMO). Overall first impression, Big improvement on the front end on 500/900 compared to Beta6c. Still not perfect though. Rear needs more work, more controlled slides, more gradual loss of traction if you get my drift (pun intended). 125.. did anything change at all?!

Agree with most of what your saying there above David, but during my testing the first thing I noticed was that the 500 Varase wheelies far too easily now in beta 7b(a lot more than in Beta 6c).
The rear brake closing the trajectory was in my opinion far too great in beta 6c, so if you feel it's less in beta 7b then that should be a plus in my opinion. :)

Having seen and experienced what GPB Italia have done with the RSW500 physics I'm happy that most of the problems just seem to be down to unfinished tuning of the bike physics for Piboso's default bikes; so I'd agree that beta 7b is a positive step forward and I'm personally now excited and looking forward to see what the Bike Modders and Bike Physics Modders can bring to us for this beta.

Still a question mark over frequent online core.exe crashes for me, as when I was running the RSW500 on the GPB Italia server I didn't experience one core.exe crash, so this needs investigating to try and pin down what is happening: Is it the bikes, the server, the dynamic surface, or what?

Please Piboso, we still do need a beta 7c release to fix some annoying issues that have been reported that I'm sure could be easily fixed before you call it time-out till beta 8.  ;)

But overall a positive step forward for sure.  Thank you Piboso!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 31, 2015, 12:36:59 PM
Oups, the replay crash (got to replay before going to track leading to a crash) was my fault.

Please update MaxHUD to 1.9.9g, that should fix it.

MaX.

Not sure how you found that it was MaxHUD creating the problem but very well spotted indeed Max....

Thanks for the fix!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

new: replay orbit camera speed

Confirmed - replay orbit speed can now be changed with +/-  (like the panning control in free), which is another cool tool for budding video makers  :)

Being a bit dense, I cant figure this next bit out though...

A lot of replay commands have gone (but still work) and there is a Roll command (which I thought might be mouse-wheel or something but isn't). I checked the readme files for info but not in.

attached are the old and new command list - the new does not seem so intuitive? What is Roll? Where have all the other commands gone? I think there is a simple answer but I don't have my simple head on.  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

I hope B7 is the start of more frequent incremental updates, the user feed back is more constructive as people get less annoyed at the more persistent niggling faults.

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on October 31, 2015, 01:35:45 PM
I hope B7 is the start of more frequent incremental updates, the user feed back is more constructive as people get less annoyed at the more persistent niggling faults.

+1 Absolutely agree with you H.

Hawk.

Boerenlater

I notice a more overall positive vibe also.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

teeds

Yea the front end is bliss in b7, lets me ride a bike more than just trying not to fall off it now  8)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on October 31, 2015, 01:29:20 PM
The rear brake closing the trajectory was in my opinion far too great in beta 6c, so if you feel it's less in beta 7b then that should be a plus in my opinion. :)

i agree with that!

Also you can now ''kiddie skid'' into corners at ''lower'' speeds.. which is great.

Napalm Nick

Just in case you are wondering:

new: event name

position is shown in the attachment.

Also it surprises me how many people still ask 'how long a session is' or 'how many laps is the race' or miss that there are 'Limited Tyres' when they join an Event.

This page tells you everything (and the new 'Event name' highlighted)

JamoZ

fresh install, no plugins, no mods....

core.exe after 5 seconds into first lap of the highly anticipated beta7(b)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on October 31, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
fresh install, no plugins, no mods....

core.exe after 5 seconds into first lap of the highly anticipated beta7(b)

good one.. see you on beta8 then jamoz..

h106frp

I get either multiple cores or no problems at all, seems to be server side issues