• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:18:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergio101

in this new beta contacts do not always lead to the fall of the pilots. right?

CapeDoctor

err....i don't quite get the question, mate - if you used Google to translate, it doesn't make much sense to me?

Napalm Nick

Quote from: CapeDoctor on November 01, 2015, 04:05:54 AM
probably a question to make me look foolish, but what exactly is the fix for the missing bike message?
i must remove the roadster - FZ6? is that it?

Not at all mate.  I would suggest re-downloading the three mod bikes, deleting your old ones first not carrying out a merge. Late last night a corruption was found in the zipped version of the roadster on the database. You could just do this one if internet is slow. Reboot PC afterwards.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

yoshimura

Here is an example that it would be interesting to see GP Bikes.on driver that does not look like a piece of wood (in game).for me the driver position is a defect in the beta 7.

http://www.wat.tv/video/casey-stoner-ou-moto-gp-1-3ww21_2flv9_.html

Vergio101

Yes use google translate, my english its bad ... Retry questione, when two opponents touch the crash down in the previous beta was immediate, it now appears that contact management is more realistic.. Understand?!?  :) :P

Hawk

Quote from: Vergio101 on November 01, 2015, 08:40:46 AM
in this new beta contacts do not always lead to the fall of the pilots. right?

I presume you mean: contact between bikes on track doesn't always lead the a crash in beta 7b?

Well I have come into contact with other riders on beta 7b and not crashed when usually I would have. Though for sure if you make hard contact with another bike you will crash as you would in reality.  :)

Has Piboso adjusted the rider/bike collision model to allow for more forgiving contacts with other bikes and riders? I really don't know. If he has it's only a subtle change, but really it's a question that only Piboso can answer for us. Piboso?  :)

Hawk.

Vergio101

Yes Hawk... You explained perfectly understood..

CapeDoctor

November 01, 2015, 09:28:52 AM #127 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:41:12 AM by CapeDoctor
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 01, 2015, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: CapeDoctor on November 01, 2015, 04:05:54 AM
probably a question to make me look foolish, but what exactly is the fix for the missing bike message?
i must remove the roadster - FZ6? is that it?

Not at all mate.  I would suggest re-downloading the three mod bikes, deleting your old ones first not carrying out a merge. Late last night a corruption was found in the zipped version of the roadster on the database. You could just do this one if internet is slow. Reboot PC afterwards.

okay, now i get it, thanks Nick ;)

oh, just to confirm - the three mod bikes you refer to are the ones that have b7 compatible versions, i.e: Aprilia RSW500, FZ6 and the Yam M1, is that right?

Hawk

Quote from: yoshimura on November 01, 2015, 09:11:25 AM
Here is an example that it would be interesting to see GP Bikes.on driver that does not look like a piece of wood (in game).for me the driver position is a defect in the beta 7.

If I'm not mistaken, I think if you use the manual rider controls, the rider does have a greater range of movement and doesn't seem so wooden looking. I've not tried it since beta 5 so not really sure on that for beta 7b.

But certainly in auto-rider control, the rider is still too upright with straight arms until he dips behind the screen(Still too long before he dips down behind the screen). Even when pulling a wheelie the rider stays in position with straight arms instead of bending his arms and allowing the bike to come up to meet his chest as the bike lifts up at the front.
But yeah I agree the rider still looks a little wooden at times, but a hell of a lot better than he was before in beta 6 in my opinion.  :)

Hawk

C21

QuoteBut certainly in auto-rider control, the rider is still too upright with straight arms until he dips behind the screen(Still too long before he dips down behind the screen). Even when pulling a wheelie the rider stays in position with straight arms instead of bending his arms and allowing the bike to come up to meet his chest as the bike lifts up at the front.
But yeah I agree the rider still looks a little wooden at times, but a hell of a lot better than he was before in beta 6 in my opinion.
Fully agree on that.
Maybe a smooth transition from upright to tuck behind the windscreen would help in this case.
But the rider has to tuck in way earlier then now (using auto lean f/r)!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

yoshimura

Quote from: Hawk on November 01, 2015, 09:33:10 AM
Quote from: yoshimura on November 01, 2015, 09:11:25 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I think if you use the manual rider controls, the rider does have a greater range of movement and doesn't seem so wooden looking. I've not tried it since beta 5 so not really sure on that for beta 7b.

But certainly in auto-rider control, the rider is still too upright with straight arms until he dips behind the screen(Still too long before he dips down behind the screen). Even when pulling a wheelie the rider stays in position with straight arms instead of bending his arms and allowing the bike to come up to meet his chest as the bike lifts up at the front.
But yeah I agree the rider still looks a little wooden at times, but a hell of a lot better than he was before in beta 6 in my opinion.  :)

Hawk

Hawk,(personal opinion too complicated manual driver), I was talking about the movement implant  in the game, automatic / manual
the developer to provide credible or no direction on a key aspect that gives 50% of simulation on the placement and positioning when driving ;)

dareaper46

I also immediately felt the rider has quite a big delay when tucking behind the screen. So what I did was assign the front lean to a button then as soon as I exit the corner where I feel her should start tucking I just use the front lean button. It seems to have helped me get the throttle down a little easier out of corners as I could keep the front wheel down a little more.

Napalm Nick

Yes this is known as manual override and is a feature. People should use it and if it gives an advantage, then good, you should be rewarded for using less 'assists'. Like manual gears and manual brakes, throttle etc etc etc.  :-[
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

New Bug:

When the riders knee touches down on ribbed kerbs it kicks the rider off the bike. Also been told that it does this on the first corner kerb of Victoria too.

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

i'm wondering if there's not something more to this 'missing bike' problem -
possibly it's due to most of the mod bikes not being b7 compatible? or something....
here's a quick run-down of what's happened: after my initial problem when trying to run a server session yesterday, and then getting the 'missing bike' error, i tried a few things, including a new profile, and eventually (not sure exactly how) the problem disappeared and i could load bikes and race again.
i removed my old FZ6 folder, and added the new b7 version, although i've not selected the FZ6 yet to ride with, so not sure how relevant that is - anyway, on stock Victoria track, i then selected the Murusama which i rode without problem last night and earlier today.
then, i decided to try the GSVR, and was met immediately with the 'missing bike' error again.
this is all purely offline at this point, so not sure what exactly is happening here.
anyway, now i'm back to being permanently stuck with the 'missing bike' error. even selecting a stock bike again does nothing to change it.
at the moment, i'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened to get it fixed the first time around, as i thought it was connected to going online initially, but now it's happened in offline mode as well, i'm not sure.
still testing things out atm, and just posted this up for interest. will report back with any new info as soon as i have any.  ;)