• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:44:34 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

November 01, 2015, 02:08:53 PM #135 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:18:04 PM by Napalm Nick
It is more than a possibility .....There are only 3 (update...4!) MOD bikes fully B7 compatible. I wouldn't use the others you are asking for trouble. If you kept B6c as well as 7 you can still ride them there. They are not 100% compatible with B7 that is why the bikes are being modified and trickled back into the Bike Mod when complete.

But yes there is an issue that seems to get locked in as far as Missing Bike message goes. Like I said before I cured it by DELETING then re downloading and re-installing the Mod bikes and rebooting everything.

Basically if you have more than 3/4 bikes in your bike folder now, and are using incompatible bikes you are asking for troubles.

edit: added word 'MOD'
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 31, 2015, 11:09:06 PM
Taking a clip from your video I'm sure I saw marbles - which means my guess of Victoria being Dynamic again must be right??? I posted about seeing marbles before but deleted it cos I thought my eyes tricked me. See attached.

It would also go a long way to explain the recent influx of cores.

Tomorrow I will find out for sure!

yes it is Dynamic again - I just built up my own groove offline to confirm it. I was about to take a screenshot to post here when guess what, it cored out.  ::)

So this probably explains the influx of cores we are getting - lets face it that's why we use NDS tracks 99% of the time. On the plus side I would suggest these cores are happening less often so far on this release?

It also seems that temporary groove file generation no longer works in B7 - not sure whether to report this as a bug or if it has been done on purpose. It would be nice to have it back working for sure.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

If anyone in the community doesn't follow Matty's latest BikeMOD version and then goes and installs bikes that have not been updated for Beta 7b then they are asking for online server connection problems.  ::)

The BikeMOD database was originally created, not only to organise the bikeMODS into one place, but also to avoid a chaos of server connection problems.   :)

I know it's difficult at beta changeover times, but it's in all our best interests to follow this established protocol to avoid the chaos that reined a few years ago.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Agree, and that is why the GPBOC servers only run Mod bikes and tracks released from the 'official' Mod databases.

If the developers would release them via the MOD rather than random links all would be fine. Frustrating.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 01, 2015, 02:56:29 PM
Agree, and that is why the GPBOC servers only run Mod bikes and tracks released from the 'official' Mod databases.

If the developers would release them via the MOD rather than random links all would be fine. Frustrating.

+1000 Nick.  ;)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

in the interests of providing better pertinent feedback for potential issues, i have removed all mod bikes from my B7 install, barring the 3 that have been updated for B7.
so far, so good.  8)

Napalm Nick

Good choice mate, now you are on my page  ;)

BOBR6 84

what is ''hrsshots'' in documents?

PeterV

November 01, 2015, 07:19:41 PM #143 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:22:21 PM by PeterV
F10 takes a high-resolution screenshot that will be saved as TGA into "hrsshots" directory.
(quoted from the readme file included with Beta7b)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PeterV on November 01, 2015, 07:19:41 PM
(quoted from the readme file included with Beta7b)

ahahaha  :-[ ok thanks peter.

yoshimura

Always this big tire problem after a burn, the tire surface becomes ice. :o

Hawk

Quote from: yoshimura on November 02, 2015, 06:42:04 AM

After crashing the tyres do get too hot also. This makes respawning a lottery as far as performance and handling of bikes after a crash is concerned. Sometimes it's as good to bail-out of the race than carry on it because the tyres just lose their grip when they get too hot, which is a good thing in one way, but to do that so much and for so long after crashing your bike is probably not right?

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk on November 02, 2015, 10:10:12 AM

After crashing the tyres do get too hot also. This makes respawning a lottery as far as performance and handling of bikes after a crash is concerned. Sometimes it's as good to bail-out of the race than carry on it because the tyres just lose their grip when they get too hot, which is a good thing in one way, but to do that so much and for so long after crashing your bike is probably not right?

Hawk.

+1 the tyre surface should cool off much faster. Maybe the core of the tyre should stay hot, but on the surface it should cool down much faster and there should be more grip.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

yoshimura

November 02, 2015, 10:34:56 AM #148 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:50:42 AM by yoshimura
Quote from: Hawk on November 02, 2015, 10:10:12 AM

Hawk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKkgmFW5_s  This is impossible in the simulation, the opposite happens why? physical doubtful ::) which is calculated based on the external and internal temperature of the tire casing?(in game) thank you to enlighten my ignorance ;)

Napalm Nick

+1 and it has been reported many times on the forum.

If only the problem was acknowledged maybe we could stop having to say about it  ::)