• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:02:24 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimura

November 02, 2015, 05:57:01 PM #150 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:00:33 PM by yoshimura
I want to understand, that's why I ask the question again about the problem, external and internal temperature of the tire can be a secret ::)

look at this problem mr piboso tks :)

CapeDoctor

something else i should mention from my testing over the last few days - either i've just been insanely lucky, or the 'runaway bike' issue seems to have been largely addressed.
over several intensive testing sessions, i have only once had a bike stand itself up and run riderless, but this was for an acceptably realistic distance, and the bike dropped to the ground quickly after hitting the barrier at quite an oblique angle, the sort which with b6 would see the bike usually bouncing off and running on for who knows how long.
have i just been lucky, or anyone found the same, or different?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: CapeDoctor on November 02, 2015, 05:57:32 PM
something else i should mention from my testing over the last few days - either i've just been insanely lucky, or the 'runaway bike' issue seems to have been largely addressed.
over several intensive testing sessions, i have only once had a bike stand itself up and run riderless, but this was for an acceptably realistic distance, and the bike dropped to the ground quickly after hitting the barrier at quite an oblique angle, the sort which with b6 would see the bike usually bouncing off and running on for who knows how long.
have i just been lucky, or anyone found the same, or different?

yes about the same.. bike run away once, but the respawn button worked as it was rolling along.

CapeDoctor

lol, i forgot to hit the respawn button until it was stationary - it's now doable as soon as the bike is off-track and riderless, if i understand correctly?

Napalm Nick

Hmmmm interesting. At the A1 ring I watched my bike roll down that straight again for over a minute but I never thought to try hitting respawn (because it never worked before) so hopefully I will remember to try it next time.

Surely if this has a fix included it would have been in the changelog but my mind is open with hope.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: CapeDoctor on November 02, 2015, 06:14:00 PM
lol, i forgot to hit the respawn button until it was stationary - it's now doable as soon as the bike is off-track and riderless, if i understand correctly?

Not sure if it depends on the speed or not though.. the bike was going quite slow when i respawned.

Vini

November 02, 2015, 06:35:43 PM #156 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:46:04 PM by vin97
After getting used to the new beta, I have to stay that I am very happy with the new physics and the overall feeling of the bike.
Minor things like less laggy replays and the knee-slider (volume needs to be increased, though) are also great but I am slightly disappointed that PiBoSo has not implemented a lot of the requested features/fixes (self-riding bikes/respawn, different/modern rider animations/riding styles, foot movements for rear brake and shifting, full control over rider movements, working dash and higher quality models in replays, helmet replay cam, full rider-bike-track collision model...).
Things like core.exe whenever you go to replay before going to the track need to be fixed (very bad when you simply want to watch a race live).
Exhaust smoke could actually be more at higher revs on the two-strokes.

The bike is very stable now, no more wobbling around on the straights and out of corners. Instead of that you need more force on the handlebars to turn it when the front wheel is light (which I prefer and which is more realistic).
After getting used to it, the braking also feels good but I still think that the grip when leaned over and the tendency of the bike to stand itself up is a little bit too high.
The low speed front wheel wobble fix was long overdue and it's great to ride without having to worry about it but the uphill/banked turn problem has increased IMO (clearly the case at Mugello turn 9).

I still think that the GP1000 needs more lean angle at some corners.
Especially at A1 Ring (middle and last sector), it is obvious that the cornering speed is way too low.

Hawk

@Vin97: I'm sure Piboso has acted on the rider-less bike problem?
Although it does still happen from time to time I think the ratio of it happening has dramatically decreased compared to beta 6c. I'm sure the bike now falls over more often as it should do after crashing than it ever did in beta 6c? But you really don't think so?

Hawk.

Vini

I meant it should be possible to respawn as soon as the rider has fallen off the bike.
I agree that it's not happening as often as it used to but once is already enough at tracks like the Nordschleife to ruin your fun.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on November 02, 2015, 07:12:25 PM
I meant it should be possible to respawn as soon as the rider has fallen off the bike.
I agree that it's not happening as often as it used to but once is already enough at tracks like the Nordschleife to ruin your fun.

My misunderstanding Vin. Sorry mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

C21

November 02, 2015, 07:18:38 PM #160 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:22:50 PM by C21
Quotebut I am slightly disappointed that PiBoSo has not implemented a lot of the requested features/fixes (self-riding bikes/respawn, different/modern rider animations/riding styles, full control over rider movements, working dash in replays, full rider-bike-track collision model...).
- self riding bike/respawn -> has been adressed, the self riding bike issue is less present as in last beta and you can respawn earlier. the only reason not to respawn early is a rider close to you. You can only respawn when the track is empty and no rider in a close boundary to you.
- full control -> can not comment this, not using full control.
- working dash -> agree in that, should be adressed as sson as possible.
- full rider-bike-track collision -> has been adressed also. improved compared to last beta, maybe not perfect but it´s still possible to have contact between two riders without instant crash.

QuoteThe bike is very stable now, no more wobbling around on the straights and out of corners.
- for my taste the wobble is still a bit too much compared to real life. Varese on Victoria still to much sobble but it can also be caused by the track not only the bikes physics. If you watch races of the 90´or 00´thebikes wobble less then in GPB.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Napalm Nick

Core when going to replay was fixed already vin by the new maxHud.

I'm surprised our leader did not put about the respawn change in the changelog, being such an important change. Much stuff to find ourselves it seems.

And I think we should all remember the release of B7 was done before PiB was happy with the physics and is still being worked on. Which means there should be another update coming 'soon' for us to play with   :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

November 02, 2015, 08:07:51 PM #162 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:47:24 PM by vin97
Thanks for the info, I have edited my post.

Quote from: C21 on November 02, 2015, 07:18:38 PM
- full control -> can not comment this, not using full control.
I wrote a long post about this in the old beta7 thread but PiBoSo deleted it along with all the rest.
Basically, when using full manual rider lean, the game will decide for you when it's time to (abruptly) tuck in (namely at 145 km/h) which upsets the bike a lot when being at the traction limit.

Quote from: C21 on November 02, 2015, 07:18:38 PM
- full rider-bike-track collision -> has been adressed also. improved compared to last beta, maybe not perfect but it´s still possible to have contact between two riders without instant crash.
Yes, the bike against bike and bike against track collisions are good.
What the game is still lacking is properly including the rider in those collisions. So for example when your rider hits the wall or another rider or bike, it sits your bike up or even makes it crash.
Or that when you are lowsiding, the bike will slide on the rider and give you a chance of recovering the bike.

Napalm Nick

have just had many opportunities to test if you can respawn when riderless bike goes runaway - and you can!

Again this really should have been in the changelog information. Poor old PiBoSo is selling his Beta 7 short!  ::)

C21

QuoteYes, the bike against bike and bike against track collisions are good.
What the game is still lacking is properly including the rider in those collisions. So for example when your rider hits the wall or another rider or bike, it sits your bike up or even makes it crash.
Or that when you are lowsiding, the bike will slide on the rider and give you a chance of recovering the bike.
Ok, was not aware that you meant it this way.
I´m convinced that this will be adressed in the next Beta´s.
I agree that a recovery of the bike should be possible even it is hard to do that (in real life).
I pray that the next beta will solve the online stuttering and core.exe issues that annoys me most!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #