• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:36:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Reina

It's a wonder this Beta, but it is impossible to roll on the problem of core.exe
In Victoria when you take some time and the track gets grip, it is impossible to run because it always gives core.exe
I hope this is the main problem of this simulator is already fixed. It can not be that after so much time and Betas this problem continues to be. We need an urgent solution now!

davidboda46

Quote from: Jose Reina on November 02, 2015, 08:49:35 PM
It's a wonder this Beta, but it is impossible to roll on the problem of core.exe
In Victoria when you take some time and the track gets grip, it is impossible to run because it always gives core.exe
I hope this is the main problem of this simulator is already fixed. It can not be that after so much time and Betas this problem continues to be. We need an urgent solution now!

+1
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

loinen

November 02, 2015, 10:29:29 PM #167 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:07:36 AM by loinen
Yep, getting crash after few minutes everytime when playing online. it's weird but the same (at least looks like this) crash has occured in mx-bikes today while being on the only server in 'World'. confused.

here is the error description (by mx-bikes.exe):

Exception code:   c0000005
  Exception offset:   000839ef
  OS version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Language code:   1049
  Additional information 1:   0a9e
  Additional information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional information 3:   0a9e
  Дополнительные сведения 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

will add gp-bikes one later. sorry for posting about mxbikes in a gpbikes thread, but the problems seem identical (i guess, the games may use some masterserver or whatever and that's why i think the problems can be identical).

Stout Johnson

November 02, 2015, 10:45:45 PM #168 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:10:19 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Jose Reina on November 02, 2015, 08:49:35 PM

This new beta is really a big step into right direction. I can also only confirm your observations concerning core.exe. The likeliness to get a core issue seems to be correlated with the time of the server running. So for me it is much related to dynamic track surface which seems to be re-enabled for Victoria track.

My further observations:

• If I enter a 'fresh' server of Victoria, I am seem to be much less likely to be bothered by core.exe errors; whereas when I enter a crowded server or a server which has been running for quite some time, core errors seem to happen at a rate of about every 2 laps on average pretty constantly which makes online racing pretty annoying. If I re-enter the server and randomly ask the guys in the server about core.exe problems, those who entered server late all seem to have issues, whereas those who entered early report about less or no issues.
    The interesting thing is: While some (those entering early) seem to be free or almost free of core errors, others (those entering late) seem to be more prone to cores at the samt time. This should be helpful for narrowing down the issue I think.

• The probability of getting a core.exe error seems to be higher if I run closely to another bike. Dynamic track feature means that tack parts are being re-modelled in real-time according to the usage of riders (e.g. rubber on track, marbles). Maybe while riders are riding the very part of a track surface that is being re-modelled at the very time the rider is riding it, may cause a crash?

• The probability of getting a core.exe error seems to be higher shortly after a new rider has entered the server.

--> Maybe these clues can be used for narrowing down the cause for many core errors on dynamic surface tracks?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 02, 2015, 10:45:45 PM
This new beta is really a big step into right direction. I can also only confirm your observations concerning core.exe. The likeliness to get a core issue seems to be correlated with the time of the server running. So for me it is much related to dynamic track surface which seems to be re-enabled for Victoria track.
Or it could be related to the server going nuts when players connect and disconnect. Or just going nuts over time due to something else.

MaX.

BozoCRO

My problem seems to be different. When I connect to an empty server usually it cores within 2 laps. But if theres other people on the server it works just fine. It was like this even in the previous beta, regardless of the dinamic surface

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 11:37:36 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 02, 2015, 10:45:45 PM
Or it could be related to the server going nuts when players connect and disconnect. Or just going nuts over time due to something else.
Yeah sure, I am just guessing. But we do have the cross-check from NDS servers which seem to be much more stable in terms of core errors.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

BOBR6 84

Wonder if piboso has any ideas as to what is causing it? Could be useful to us all if he does.. To test exact scenario's etc. Just a thought..

Napalm Nick

We did some tests a few months back (basically reproducing and coming to the same conclusions that PeterV did some 50 (was it?) years ago. There was no doubt the Dynamic - specifically the Groove - data was the cause. The more clients there was, the harder it became to share all this data out until accumalative de-synchronisation and subsequent eventual 'core' occurred. Almost like the bandwidth just couldn't handle it all.

Personally (since  B7b and PiB did his replay fix and Max did his replay fix I have had cores but significantly less than pre-B7. My servers are now running Dynamic tracks and I haven't had a problem there (admittedly my ping is practically 0 to them which no doubt helps).

I would tentatively say whatever netcode and "dynamic optimisations" (as stated in the changelog) PiB has done has significantly improved it over 6c with hopefully more to come soon.

I have one nagging worry that maybe this engine can't be fixed, but I will keep that thought to myself a while.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

davidboda46

Unfortunately it does not explain the "white line" core-crashes I get within one lap, playing offline. Today it even happened when the bike was airborn due to a crash. Half bike over the white line, other half still on track (bike was sideways in the air). Does it have anything to do with calculating the bikes position on track and changing circumstances, meaning crash, bike going from tarmac to grass, collision with other bike etc?  I have no idea...

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on November 03, 2015, 01:52:22 AM
Unfortunately it does not explain the "white line" core-crashes I get within one lap, playing offline. Today it even happened when the bike was airborn due to a crash. Half bike over the white line, other half still on track (bike was sideways in the air). Does it have anything to do with calculating the bikes position on track and changing circumstances, meaning crash, bike going from tarmac to grass, collision with other bike etc?  I have no idea...

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Which track were you riding on David?

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

to add another few cents worth of petrol to the bonfire, lol - whereas with b6 i could regularly join an online session if it was empty or only one or two riders online, without problem, although i experienced sometimes a pretty big 'lag' type effect, but i could never join an online race, being stuck in a permanent state on the screen which says 'connected' yet never actually connecting - with b7, i have as yet been unable to join ANY server session whatsoever - even if it's empty, again just sitting permanently on the 'connected' screen.
so for me, the online side of things (which, ultimately, is what the sim is all about) has gotten worse.
worse, as in no online ability whatsoever.  ???
i know i don't have the best internet speed around, but that doesn't explain why the problem has gotten so bad, yet my bandwidth speed is unchanged.
in offline mode, i am singing praises from the rooftops for the big improvements, but the lack of online negates that in a big way.

BOBR6 84

Wow that sucks mate.. Hope you get that sorted!

Many times since I started playing GPB iv'e been stuck on the ''connected'' screen. If I wait and wait im always met with a black screen.. Game crashed! If I cancel and retry, all is good usually.

Vini

Oh forgot to mention that due to the more stable bike physics, first person view is much more enjoyable and easier.

h106frp

Quote from: davidboda46 on November 03, 2015, 01:52:22 AM

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Offline B7b has been super stable for me (Win7 64bit/Nvidia/i5) and even online with the GPBOC servers has been 'acceptable and B7b is much more enjoyable than B6 even with the small fixes.

Maybe time for a system cleanup and re-install?