• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

Quote from: Rodrigovis on November 14, 2015, 09:47:25 PM
guys i have a problem with GPbikes beta7 as it tried to enter the online servers but does not enter , let logging in for over an hour but nothing happened , did everything desabibiltei firewall antvirus and no use
Can anyone help me?
Be sure to have the latest bikemod installed.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Rodrigo - also read this from earlier in this thread http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2778.msg43335#msg43335

and you must find an NDS track to try and connect to that. You are likely to be affected worse because of the distance. Maybe that will work better than the Dynamic tracks, let us know.

PS: is the Victoria NDS version still coming I cant remember what was decided?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Rodrigovis

thank you guys
I'll see what I can do here que ...
MX Bikes is running fine only GPbikes and wrs exhibit this problem .
the computer with this new facility was formatted not installed anything in the game to try to get it as standard .

-aGy-

November 15, 2015, 06:19:16 AM #258 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:10:21 AM by -aGy-
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 10, 2015, 09:33:28 PM
Removed this out of the Owners Club area to here. Brands Hatch really shows the uphill/downhill/lean physics anomaly. Trying to decide if it should really happen the other way round. I mean going up a hill on a tight left will lessen the angle from track to bike but the bike lean angle wont change. Here the bike lean is increasing until the inevitable crash. Opposite for downhill

Quote"Throwing this info into my theory now - running at max lean (but slowly) around the first corner at Brands you can physically see the amount of lean is reducing linearly with the increase in angle causing the turning arc to widen. On the uphill bends the lean angle increases as the track angle increases causing the 'tightening' of the line - often resulting in such a turn as to lose the rear.

Thinking about myself riding steep angles on a curve - shouldn't that phenomenon be the other way round??

Note there is no real banking in this example either"

https://www.youtube.com/v/nEBnJC8_2B4

All thoughts appreciated. Hope it helps explain what appears to be happening physics wise at least.

this is game killer for many my friends and peoples who want good bike sim. piboso why not fix bugs first and then add more things like exhaust smoke which has nothing to do with physics. fix physics and core then finish the product.just my opinion and i like the sim

CapeDoctor

thanks for the previous video showing the angle increase/decrease.
it's illustrating the exact same problem i was trying to describe in an earlier post here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2778.msg42941#msg42941
as opposed to my backward way of trying to describe the problem, this illustrates it clearly and concisely.
the good and the bad.....
the good - it's not just me (lol)
the bad - obviously, needs to be addressed by devs.

8)

Olaf Lehmann

I think it's not acceptable:
If I lean a bike in a 100 km/h corner lean too much in reality is crazy, because there is force centrifuge (maybe it could be in a 20 km/h corner, but not in a faster corner). If I throtteling or braking in the corner OK, but without that I think it's not only enervant, it's very unrealistic. Under this circumstances I no interest to buy the complete version.

CapeDoctor

Olaf, this is the reason we have these threads discussing problems - the better feedback we can provide, the easier for the devs to solve it.
to simply say 'it's bad, i will not buy' does not help the situation, which is: still under development.
if this was the final product, i would be happy to join in the shouts of unhappy customers, but it's simply too early to be saying those things.
let us hope the physics will be further improved - already, this beta 7 version physics is much better than beta 6, so improvements continue... ;)

TimT36

With regard to the angle issues during turns, it might be worth comparing the lean angles you're finding to on-boards for SBK and the likes to see how well they match up. I ran a couple of laps around Phillip Island on a moto 3 (Beta 6 mod but still runs around fine), and compared the lean angles to a gopro video from when I raced my Ninja 250 there a few months ago. To be honest, the angles all seem pretty good, at least for the low-speed bike end of things. That's not to say there isn't an issue though, it does seem to be fairly upright for the turn in the video. That said, the turn there is pretty tricky, I ran a track day there in a mates MX5 a couple of years ago and even in a car it gets very light until you start to head back uphill.

TimT36

That said, I just had a go at Brands then, and it does seem that the front washes away considerably more than what I would expect. maybe it's something to do with running bikes from Beta 6 though?

h106frp

Quote from: TimT36 on November 20, 2015, 12:39:21 PM
That said, I just had a go at Brands then, and it does seem that the front washes away considerably more than what I would expect. maybe it's something to do with running bikes from Beta 6 though?

PiBoso has already isolated and debugged an issue with the computed bike lean angle in B7. We eagerly await B8  :)

TimT36

valentinik46

im geting core exe when i change category from gp1000 to gp500 in menu,it goes away if i reinstall clean but i have done that 4 times already.....

Hawk

Quote from: valentinik46 on November 21, 2015, 07:15:58 PM
im geting core exe when i change category from gp1000 to gp500 in menu,it goes away if i reinstall clean but i have done that 4 times already.....

Best thing to do until Piboso solves the problem is to just restart GPB each time you change bikes/category. Works for me.  ;)

Hawk.

valentinik46

Daniel_F

one thing i realy dont understand is that when downshifting and braking loads of times gear dont change ... i dont see why it happens