• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:37:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Stuck On Connected

Started by dareaper46, October 29, 2015, 05:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareaper46

Hi

I don't know if anyone has had this problem, but let me explain.

I've been playing and following GPBikes since one of the first beta's if not the first one. I always lurk around the forums but barely comment... just read. Quite some time ago I asked on the forum if anyone had a solution for me when I had the same issue, and no one could give me an answer. I don't think Piboso got back to me aswell.

Now what happens is I try connect to a server. It goes 'Connecting' and very quick 'Connected'. It will stay there for as long as I leave my pc on and in some VERY rare cases I enter the server. I don't know what it could be, as I have had formats in between. New operating systems. New internet. Service provider and medium of internet service.

Could it be the ports? Can anybody please give me this solution? I came back as I tried B7 and I am loving the way the bike feels. I can actually do decent lap times now without crashing each corner. Practicing alone gets boring and... lonely :(.

CapeDoctor

i can't really help with your issue, sorry - just wanted to say that i've experienced the same issue when trying to go online, and the conclusion that we came to was that my service provider is not giving me a fast enough bandwidth, what is referred to as unshaped bandwidth.
currently i have 'shaped' bandwidth, and because i live in south africa, where the general internet speed isn't that great, i won't be able to enjoy the online activities with GPB until i get a different service provider that offers me the 'unshaped' bandwidth.
maybe your problem is something else, but chances are it could be a similar issue.
hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in...

dareaper46

I am from South Africa aswell. I have had unshaped internet. I now have LTE which is unshaped and still the same problem is happening

chikailija

Napalm Nick

Suggestion - you guys in SA make a server together and see if the problem remains?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

@Napalm

I would love to do that. Just don't know how many SA guys there are.. As I'd love to participate in some of the championships. If I could I would rally up all the SA guys to make a championship for us.

Napalm Nick

Ok well there's two of you for a start maybe all that's needed initially, maybe others will pipe up when they read this.

Other things to check would be your firewall, windows firewall or router firewall not being told to allow core.exe network messages.

When I install a new Beta I have to tell my Firewall to allow the traffic or it wont connect.

Also open the router ports - there is no harm in doing that anyway and may help.

Hope any of that helps, but get you two together as a start  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

dareaper, are also in SA?
if so, we should make a plan to get on our own server, local, and test it out.
i know of one other guy in the forum who's also near me in Cape Town who suggested this - so that would be three of us at least - might well be worth a shot. ;)

dareaper46

Yes. Im in PTA.

Well... would you be able to contact him to test it out tonight?

CapeDoctor

hmm... not sure, we haven't spoken in a few months, so i'd probably have to contact him first to organise a time.
otherwise, i have some time tonight, if you want to try with just the two of us?

CapeDoctor

October 29, 2015, 07:02:10 PM #10 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:21:19 PM by CapeDoctor
while we're on this issue, i just tried to go to the 'World' screen, and i get a message saying 'Invalid login - please register'
never had this previously with b6, does anyone know what i need to about this issue?

darn - okay i found the thread which explains the registering process - the problem i'm now facing is that i don't remember my previous nickname, and if i just leave the 'old nickname' field blank, it says key already used.
looks like i've just screwed myself.   ???

how do i find out what my old nick was? PiBoSo?

edit - phew, found my old nick, and it seems to have worked now. off to check the online story...

another edit - nope, although the registration said my nick is successfully changed, i get the same 'invalid login' error message, so no online available to me atm....
any suggestions?

ok, hopefully final bloody edit - must've just been a slight delay. i'm now up and running, hopefully i've done things right and you can see the server i set up - SA Test, Victoria track, several bike classes. try and join when you get a chance, see how it goes. ;)

tonysea

FYI, I'm getting the same problem from South Dakota, US.

CapeDoctor

dammit! after just installing a new b7 version this afternoon, and seeing as i could never connect with my previous install, i decided to try and connect online with this new install, and now am once again stuck in this situation of not being able to login with the new install - again, it wants me to register to be able to play online, and yet again, it doesn't seem to want to accept my nickname, telling me it's already in use.
if it's already in use, why can't i freaking log in with it?
so now i am completely stuck up shit creek again, with no online availability in my new install.
and the old nickname that i thought i was using also doesn't seem to be accepted, so i don't know wtf......   :o

Napalm Nick

December 09, 2015, 04:48:01 PM #13 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:50:18 PM by Napalm Nick
I have PM'd you your registration name Cape so you can check

Always save a copy of your licence.ini so you can drop it back in the folder after a fresh clean install.

Hope that helps .

And don't forget your login nickname is at the top of the profile page not in the bottom area which are 'sub-profiles' if you like.

CapeDoctor

thanks Nick, i just managed to find my old licence.ini when i read this - will be trying to log on to some servers now....  :)