• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:42:17 PM

EdTracker in GPB

Started by HornetMaX, October 31, 2015, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I did a quick test of EdTracker in GPB (via the freetrack protocol, i.e. using opentrack 2.3-rc20). I have to say it works beautifully, really !

You need to fiddle a bit with the curves in opentrack (for yaw, pitch and tilt) to fit them to your needs, but once that's done the impression is really really good.

If you ride/like first person view, I really think you should give it a go.

Great job Piboso !

MaX.

teeds

I'll have to give mine another go. My initial impressions had it gathering dust in the corner  :)

h106frp

Quote from: teeds on October 31, 2015, 12:44:05 PM
I'll have to give mine another go. My initial impressions had it gathering dust in the corner  :)

What did you find that gave such a poor first impression teeds? I  find it works really well for first person view.

With B7b i have it running using the native freelook support and joystick mode (no opentrack), using just the EDtracker software to set the sensitivities and it is excellent. I can even look behind easily now  :) and with the horizon tilt enavled the effect oonn the rider view is really cool.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on October 31, 2015, 01:32:01 PM
With B7b i have it running using the native freelook support and joystick mode (no opentrack), using just the EDtracker software to set the sensitivities and it is excellent.
That for me doesn't work. If I stop opentrack, then I have no freelook at all in GPB (and the setting in GPB seems always to stick to "Joystick", it seems Piboso is working on that bug).

Weird ...

MaX.

h106frp

Only thing extra i did do was use the calibrate joystick with EDtracker in the first tab

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on October 31, 2015, 01:46:57 PM
Only thing extra i did do was use the calibrate joystick with EDtracker in the first tab
Tried but no joy. But there are bugs for sure. I see strange things in the settings screen.

MaX.