• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:20:48 AM

GP Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, December 15, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: PeterV on December 16, 2013, 10:21:12 AM
Doing some laps on victoria with the varese, when putting shift help to off, and then shifting you can just shift without blipping the throttle.
It sounds like a quickshifter, and the reaction from the rear to the gearchanges is an immense force, i think to much.

Anyone else notice this?

*. btw do you want us to post "suspected" bugs into the bugs forum?

This is a known problem.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

oppolo

Quote from: Klax75 on December 16, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
Now when I ride the 500cc it lets me up shift even with full throttle. When I don't have any helping aids on. Is this a bug?
it should be the cutoff simulation, but i don't know if the cagiva had really  it

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on December 16, 2013, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on December 16, 2013, 10:22:16 AM
Now when I ride the 500cc it lets me up shift even with full throttle. When I don't have any helping aids on. Is this a bug?
it should be the cutoff simulation, but i don't know if the cagiva had really  it

Unfortunately the gearbox simulation is broken in Beta4.
It will be fixed for release 1.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Harrytmj66

All works and looks great for me apart from Auo-Gearshift

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on December 16, 2013, 01:37:30 PM

I've only tried the 500cc bike so far, and I tend to agree with what your saying; however I am starting to get used to using manual gears now, but only because I now have to. Haha

But it is very awkward for me to use manual gears as my controller button layout isn't conducive to GP Bike control; and yes, I will have to get a new controller. LOL :D

So if any of you guys see me staggering around the tracks missing gears and changing up when I should be changing down, don't laugh! Hehe! ;D

Harrytmj66

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 16, 2013, 01:59:07 PM

I've only tried the 500cc bike so far, and I tend to agree with what your saying; however I am starting to get used to using manual gears now, but only because I now have to. Haha

But it is very awkward for me to use manual gears as my controller button layout isn't conducive to GP Bike control; and yes, I will have to get a new controller. LOL :D

So if any of you guys see me staggering around the tracks missing gears and changing up when I should be changing down, don't laugh! Hehe! ;D

Hahah Yeah i think im going to spend a few hours tonight learning how to use manual gears. i am using a PS3 controller so its pretty tricky but if anyone can reccomend a good controller?

rc211v

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on December 16, 2013, 02:17:28 PM

Hahah Yeah i think im going to spend a few hours tonight learning how to use manual gears. i am using a PS3 controller so its pretty tricky but if anyone can reccomend a good controller?

Why not use L1 and R1 to change gears? That's what I do.

Hawk

I'm pretty sure it was this one that someone recommended to me a couple of months ago: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Dual-Trigger-Gamepad-Blister/dp/B000U7RJ16/ref=sr_1_47?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1387204484&sr=1-47&keywords=thrustmaster+controller

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 16, 2013, 02:36:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it was this one that someone recommended to me a couple of months ago: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Dual-Trigger-Gamepad-Blister/dp/B000U7RJ16/ref=sr_1_47?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1387204484&sr=1-47&keywords=thrustmaster+controller
Had a thrustmaster 3-in-1 before, bad bad stuff, night and day with respect to xbox 360 controller (original Microsoft, no copies). DON'T BUY IT. DON'T.

Go with the xbox 360 controller or Logitech F310.

MaX.

Hawk

December 16, 2013, 03:13:49 PM #69 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:28:36 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 16, 2013, 03:01:45 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 16, 2013, 02:36:45 PM
Had a thrustmaster 3-in-1 before, bad bad stuff, night and day with respect to xbox 360 controller (original Microsoft, no copies). DON'T BUY IT. DON'T.

Go with the xbox 360 controller or Logitech F310.

MaX.
Hi Max!

I've just dragged out an old "Saitek Rumble Force" gamepad that I had packed away during a recent house move.... I'm going to give this a try, married to me F430 foot pedals and see how it goes. Only thing is that last time I tried this gamepad it was way too responsive for my liking..... I've probably just got to get used to it ;D

Thanks for the advice and heads up on that controller, Max; appreciated! ;D

Arvoss

A PS3 Controller is very good. You just need to practice a lot on this game. I did 1.26.8 on victoria with a ps3 controller. I use X an SQUARE for the gears.

Abigor

Can someone still ride Aprillia in this beta ???  :-\

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PeterV

Quote from: Abigor on December 16, 2013, 04:03:19 PM
Can someone still ride Aprillia in this beta ???  :-\

YES all modbikes i have work and all nice and tidy in there own folders :P

- Aprilia RSV4
- CBR1000 RR
- RCV 213
- Ducati GP8