• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

S80 bikes mod [2016 3 10 update]

Started by Yohji, November 05, 2015, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

It is a fair point, well said, but actually folder names are not case sensitive so it shouldn't matter.

These path postings are my copy-and pasted-textual links not something I typed and it works my end at least  ;) Unless case sensitivity is a Windows 10 thing?? ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

March 19, 2016, 12:12:38 AM #31 Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:15:05 AM by Hawk
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 18, 2016, 11:51:06 PM
the folder must be "bikes" not Bikes I think Nick ALL versions I have had have it lower case not upper case for the B.

It may be a typing mistake but thought I'd better say.

DD

I was just going to point out the same thing. Lol  ;D

I go on what the bikes.PKZ file is spelt like, and it's spelt with a lower case b.  :)

Hawk.

dareaper46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 18, 2016, 11:42:26 PM
All the Mod bikes go here in the "Bikes "folder. If you don't have it, make it.

C:\GPBikes_8\gpbikes\Bikes

(Your path may differ, the default is something like C:\Programfiles(x86)\GPBikes\gpbikes\Bikes - but it is the bikes folder that is the important one).

Mmmm hehe I know that. But asking the exact dir of this mod. Reason why I ask is because the downloaded folder is 2 .pkz folders. Not the same as any other mod I have downloaded and installed.

Napalm Nick

OOps I thought you would of known that lol.

Ah I see. Personally I renamed .pkz to .zip and unzipped down 2 levels until you have the two separate bike folders (not compressed) then pop them in the bikes folder. I don't like change lol.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 19, 2016, 09:10:22 AM

Ah I see. Personally I renamed .pkz to .zip and unzipped down 2 levels until you have the two separate bike folders (not compressed) then pop them in the bikes folder. I don't like change lol.

Awesome. Thanks alot Nick. I thought those .pkz files are zipped folders.

Hawk

Quote from: dareaper46 on March 19, 2016, 09:20:31 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 19, 2016, 09:10:22 AM

I'm pretty sure if you install "7-zip" it will extract .PKZ files without having to rename them to .zip?  ;)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on March 19, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
Quote from: dareaper46 on March 19, 2016, 09:20:31 AM

I'm pretty sure if you install "7-zip" it will extract .PKZ files without having to rename them to .zip?  ;)

Hawk.

This works.

Or when the s80 get updated, it will be put in the bike mod ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

With winzip you can also extract .pkz files. You just need to open the program and then find the file from winzip :)
Meyer#12

dareaper46

I've got Winrar. It didn't seem to want to open with it.

Changed the extension name, and voila, it works.

doubledragoncc

I think you need to set Winrar to work with pkz files.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

But does WinRAR extract 7-Zip archives? Matty does archive the MODBikes in the database in 7-Zip archives if I'm not mistaken?

Hawk.

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on March 19, 2016, 01:22:55 PM
But does WinRAR extract 7-Zip archives? Matty does archive the MODBikes in the database in 7-Zip archives if I'm not mistaken?

Hawk.

The archives in the bike mod use .7z compression (so yes, 7-zip, but i use Peazip to compress) but i use 7-zip to navigate and extract within the compressed file. (better UI)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Yohji

S80 is some updating. plz waiting for it guys.
thx.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.