• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Auto-Clutch and Engine-Brake settings affecting each other.......

Started by Hawk, November 06, 2015, 07:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

@Hawk
Could you please upload you video (1:18-1:28). Not the whole only the mentioned timerange.
I think MAX is right.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on November 09, 2015, 09:06:00 AM
@Hawk
Could you please upload you video (1:18-1:28). Not the whole only the mentioned timerange.
I think MAX is right.

Best thing to do to save video editing would be for me to just provide the download link for the whole video and then I'm sure Max can scoot along to the time frames you mentioned. It's not that big a file.  :)

I'll be out all day, but I'll post the link this evening for you, Max.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 09, 2015, 09:15:14 AM
Quote from: C21 on November 09, 2015, 09:06:00 AM
@Hawk
I think MAX is right.

Best thing to do to save video editing would be for me to just provide the download link for the whole video and then I'm sure Max can scoot along to the time frames you mentioned. It's not that big a file.  :)

I'll be out all day, but I'll post the link this evening for you, Max.  :)

I agree, especially on the "max is right" part :)

Notice that the auto-clutch lower RPM limit should be somewhere below/close to the idle RPM: it doesn't make sense to have the auto-clutch lower limit to 8000RPM.

Send the video (link) and the details of your bike: idle RPM, auto-cluth lower and upper limit.

HornetMaX

Just looked at the video (thanks Hawk), it's I said: as soon the enginee goes below 9000rpm the clutch starts to disengage (visible in the debug, two vertical blue bars).
Below 8000rpm the clutch is fully disengaged: with throttle off, the engine goes to idle.

There's no bug, you can't raise the auto-clutch upper limit that much (and the lower limit should stay low, a bit below the idle rpms).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 09, 2015, 05:22:05 PM
Just looked at the video (thanks Hawk), it's I said: as soon the enginee goes below 9000rpm the clutch starts to disengage (visible in the debug, two vertical blue bars).
Below 8000rpm the clutch is fully disengaged: with throttle off, the engine goes to idle.

There's no bug, you can't raise the auto-clutch upper limit that much (and the lower limit should stay low, a bit below the idle rpms).

No probs Max.  ;)

It just makes it terrible for getting started with low powered bikes using auto clutch alone. It takes ages to get the bike moving forward and the rpm into the power-band. It may not be a bug but it is a design flaw surely given that an auto-clutch should be able to start any bike running at a reasonable pace(again we are not talking about a race start pace here).  :)

Just have to accept it for now and hope Piboso will take a look at it for a future update.  :)

Thanks for taking a look at that Max.  ;) 8)

Hawk

Vini

start using manual clutch, hawk.

you can also use it when the rear steps out too much under braking.

Napalm Nick

Yeh bin all that Auto rubbish totally. In fact get rid of it from the game options lol :D

get a joystick with a analogue POV hat and lots of buttons  ;D

or go for a full brain retrain 360 stylie  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on November 09, 2015, 06:47:22 PM
start using manual clutch, hawk.

you can also use it when the rear steps out too much under braking.

I do use manual clutch guys! Hehe  ;D

Our Mod Team is updating the M3 bikeMods. They are very weak on the auto-clutch start. Not that I use it personally, but if they are in-sim then I just like things to work properly.  ;)

I'm sure if you scratched you bikes paintwork you'd like it sorted-out even though it has no reflection on your bikes performance, right? But I'm banging my head against a brick wall because everyone seems to be of the attitude to not bother fixing it..... I'm just thinking more about newbies.... I'm sure you guys can remember using the auto clutch at some stage when you first bought GPB? I see it being used a lot by newbies in races off the start grid. Often end up clattering someone else on the grid because of the poor auto-clutch performance. So yeah I do believe it needs to be sorted at some stage. :P ;D

But seems I'm a lone soldier on this one.  :'( ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

OOPS sorry Hawk. :-[

I am annoyed really because I already suspected that was your reason but only came in with a witty remark. Apologies.

Striving for perfection gets my vote mate. I would help if I had a fekin clue lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

C21

Solved  ;D  (not a 100% vote but a 90   :-\ )
Can be closed.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 09, 2015, 07:18:26 PM
OOPS sorry Hawk. :-[

I am annoyed really because I already suspected that was your reason but only came in with a witty remark. Apologies.

Striving for perfection gets my vote mate. I would help if I had a fekin clue lol.

No probs Nick! No need to apologise mate.... I enjoy your witty remarks!  ;D

I'm sure Vin misunderstood the thread too, but no worries guys. Really. ;D

Hawk. 8)

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on November 09, 2015, 07:33:17 PM
Solved  ;D  (not a 100% vote but a 90   :-\ )
Can be closed.

Solved as in you found a solution, or that the thread has come to a conclusion?  ;D

Hawk.