• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:54:37 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Marquez is a disgrace

Started by Vini, November 08, 2015, 01:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 08, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 08, 2015, 02:50:01 PM
Am I missing something guys???
I watched the race live, but to be honest I didn't see anything disgraceful in the race at all. Did something happen I didn't see??

Rossi had a great race and did a "valiant" job indeed; all that could be expected of him considering starting from the back of the grid.

Probably not a popular thing to say right now, but Lorenzo also rode a great race too considering the pressure Marquez and Dani had him under in the later stages of the race.

Must admit, my respect has also gone up for Dani. Sensible down to earth and nice guy!  8)

As I say..... Did I miss something?  :-\

Hawk.
Well mate, I do not want to pull you into any direction :) If you did not feel that anything was wrong that it is also fine. Marquez did not try to be Mr. Obvious, but it was very noticeable if you are familiar with his riding style...

Let me just give you a hint: Watch any other race from this season where Marquez was battling for a position and compare it to the laps he rode behind Lorenzo in today's race. You can clearly see that Marquez did not really push, you can tell by the body movements on the bike when changing lean, you can tell by the lack of trail braking into a corner. He was clearly just "cruising", except for the short time when Dani dared to try to make it an actual race by trying to overtake  ::) 

I am just glad that Pedrosa did not give a fiddler's fart and just tried to make it a race - good guy. Other honourable mentions: The Espargaro brothers and Smith, who did not care that Rossi was overtaking and actually gave Rossi a fight for the positions. Well and Lorenzo also did a good race on his part. Some few glances of actual motorsport today.

Well you could well be right, but let's face it - What rider would really be willing to make a risky manoeuvre overtaking Lorenzo with the great possibility of taking him out in the process when Lorenzo is in front of his home crowd riding for the championship?
On top of that, a Spaniard taking another Spaniard out in front of their home crowd? Overtaking in a risky situation just ain't gonna happen under those circumstances.

Don't get me wrong.... I think if Marquez could've passed Lorenzo without too much risk then he maybe would've. But I don't think Dani would've risked it either to be honest?

I think the only chance we had of someone who'd be willing to take risks to overtake Lorenzo was Rossi, but obviously he didn't have much chance to get into contention to do that starting from the back of the grid. So lets' face it - the race was always going to be ridden in that sort of way given what was at stake and the fact that both Dani and Marquez are fellow Spaniards. I mean can you imagine the deep crap they would've had to endure if they had knocked Lorenzo off? I'm sure you can.  :)

Hawk.

Vini

November 08, 2015, 04:05:10 PM #16 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:11:38 PM by vin97
Quote from: Hawk on November 08, 2015, 03:51:00 PMI think if Marquez could've passed Lorenzo without too much risk then he maybe would've. But I don't think Dani would've risked it either to be honest?

no

Marquez could have flown past Lorenzo in the first and middle sector (and last corner). He was nowhere near the (or his) limit. This was totally obvious.
Dani saved his tyres to have a go of getting the win for his team at the end (which he would have been able to do based on the lap times and Lorenzo's rear tyre), only to be blocked by his teammate.

Blackheart

Quote from: vin97 on November 08, 2015, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 08, 2015, 03:51:00 PMI think if Marquez could've passed Lorenzo without too much risk then he maybe would've. But I don't think Dani would've risked it either to be honest?

no

Marquez could have flown past Lorenzo in the first and middle sector (and last corner). He was nowhere near the (or his) limit. This was totally obvious.
Dani saved his tyres to have a go of getting the win for his team at the end (which he would have been able to based on the lap times and Lorenzo's rear tyre), only to be blocked by his teammate.

+1000  ;)

doubledragoncc

no

Dani saved his tyres to have a go of getting the win for his team at the end (which he would have been able to based on the lap times and Lorenzo's rear tyre), only to be blocked by his teammate.

So simply put, sad but true, and all because Marquez is still a kiddy on the school playing ground, where as Danni and Vale are grown ups.  Marquez thought he was being clever, but karma is a bitch, he now has to face the WORLDS knowledge of his lack of sportsmanship.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Daniel_F

i also belive he could pass him but dont tell me easy pass since they were riding 1.31 high 1.32 low at the end.... :P anyway marquez did what rossi asked him to do sadly , dont mess with the champions contenders :P

Boerenlater

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 08, 2015, 04:11:07 PM

no

So simply put, sad but true, and all because Marquez is still a kiddy on the school playing ground, where as Danni and Vale are grown ups.  Marquez thought he was being clever, but karma is a bitch, he now has to face the WORLDS knowledge of his lack of sportsmanship.
Grown ups don;t kick other riders.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Aernouts2

[/quote]Grown ups don;t kick other riders.
[/quote]
+1

As i said he has been beaten with his own (disgusting) behaviour..... Finally..  ;)

Blackheart

Quote from: Boerenlater on November 08, 2015, 04:28:28 PM

:o It already been clarified by every single person in the MotoGP there has never been a kick ...  Use your brain is useful sometimes. :)

Vini

November 08, 2015, 04:58:47 PM #23 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:02:10 PM by vin97
You are seriously still talking about 'the (no-look-)kick'?  ???

Get your glasses and watch the slow-mos again.

.....Not that it even matters here.

Daniel_F

kick or no kick he deserved way more penalisation for that action...

Boerenlater

Quote from: Blackheart on November 08, 2015, 04:57:43 PM

:o It already been clarified by every single person in the MotoGP there has never been a kick ...  Use your brain is useful sometimes. :)
Then why was Rossi punished?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Blackheart

WTF?

QuoteFIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix
Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix – Decision of the Race Direction
On 25th October 2015 during the MotoGP race of the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix, rider #46 Valentino Rossi deliberately ran wide on Turn 14 in order to force another rider off line, resulting in contact causing the other rider to crash.

Vini

lol

sorry mate but that was a fail

Aernouts2

Quote from: Boerenlater on November 08, 2015, 05:08:43 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on November 08, 2015, 04:57:43 PM

Then why was Rossi punished?

His punishment was very poor anyway.
But he did knock down Marc for sure  ;D (look at ever angle/video you can find on the internet).

Hehe.. ::) its so obvious its hard to ignore,,,, but ofcourse some peeps see different things.... good luck with that  :-X

Vini

November 08, 2015, 05:32:55 PM #29 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:35:51 PM by vin97
ok, whatever you wish.