• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:56:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rossi? Marquez? Who cares!

Started by PiBoSo, November 11, 2015, 01:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Just for the records, it wasn't Laguna Seca 2008 but Jerez 2011 ...

HornetMaX

Quote from: Guimengo on November 12, 2015, 06:39:04 AM
Simoncelli got penalized and it may have been harsh but the issue being what about the ongoing decisions the past 2 years? Well, that plays a huge factor on decisions made recently. Why scrutinize certain folks so much but not others? Why penalize Rossi beyond the recent standards?
Because Rossi's action was (admittedly) intentional ? It sounds like a good enough reason to me.

If Rossi had taken down Marc while trying to overtake him, it would have been a totally different story. But he wasn't.

BOBR6 84

These situations should be plain and simple.. Break the rules, take the punishment.

Rossi, marquez, stoner etc etc are all fantastic riders. If they are good guys or arseholes away from racing I really couldnt care less lol.

The worst moment in motogp for me is when they made an exeption for marquez to jump strait on a factory seat.

Everything else comes with racing in general.. Battles, ego's, mistakes, arguements.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 12, 2015, 12:13:43 PM
These situations should be plain and simple.. Break the rules, take the punishment.
Where's the "Like" button ? Can't find it ... oh well, +1 then :)

Rossi, marquez, stoner etc etc are all fantastic riders.
Indeed. Still many tend to forget that when Rossi jumped on the Ducati for the first time (right after the last round of 2011, in Valencia) and compared his lap times to Casey's lap times 2 days before ... well, he was in for a little surprise. I'm sure jamoz must have one of his famous gif/meme for that situation too :)

The worst moment in motogp for me is when they made an exeption for marquez to jump strait on a factory seat.
Technically it wasn't an exception, they changed the rule (i.e. they likely did it for Marquez, but not only for Maqruez, others could benefit too).

Independenlty on Marquez's case, why wouldn't a rookie be allowed to ride a factory bike ? I see little reason for that limitation: if Honda (or Yam or whoever) wants let's say Zarco for the next year and he's OK, then why not ?

BOBR6 84

Still isnt very fair.. Ok stoner left an empty seat, but would have been nice to bring a rider forward from the non factory team first.. Bout time they replaced pedrosa too! How many years/chances? Pffft..

Napalm Nick

Now he has Bionic arms I think he will be a contender again next season, poor li'l guy.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Rossi, marquez, stoner etc etc are all fantastic riders. If they are good guys or arseholes away from racing I really couldnt care less lol.

Everything else comes with racing in general.. Battles, ego's, mistakes, arguements.

+1000
One of the very few sensible opinion posts I've seen posted here, Bob.... especially your last sentence above!  ;)

I think fans get too rapped-up in issues these days...... If we are not careful we'll end up with the riders being penalized for speaking out before long for bringing the sport into disrepute because of the way fans react to the kind of recent issues.... It's just been ridiculous the amount of animosity from some fanboy sections....

What are we going to see next? Gangs of separatist fans fighting and killing each other at GP's! It's about time some fans got things into perspective in my opinion and just enjoy the racing, the characters, and to some extent the politics of MotoGP.  :P

Being a great fan is one thing, but when people start to slag-off other fans and riders then it's time to start thinking about getting booked in for some serious mental therapy. Lol

The thread is well titled, "Rossi? Marquez? Who cares! ". Exactly... who really cares.... Let's just enjoy the sport and the characters and look forward to the 2016 season. ;D 8)

Hawk.

Blackheart

November 12, 2015, 02:15:31 PM #37 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:19:51 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 12, 2015, 11:50:03 AM
Just for the records, it wasn't Laguna Seca 2008 but Jerez 2011 ...

My error in the copy-paste, but the fundamentals are the same, there are champions and second leads.

Completely agree, in that moment the MotoGP has changed. (not for the better)  :-\

WALKEN

Par for the course right.

Focusing on the negative is just like carrying around elephantitis of the nuts.

The interesting part of all of this is what it will bring to next years championship, at least I'm feeling lite on my feet  :) 
Help me, help you!

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 12, 2015, 01:11:11 PM
I'm sure jamoz must have one of his famous gif/meme for that situation too :)

Sigh...

I avoid this place as much as possible, but even when i`m offline i can feel the hairs in my neck stand up whenever someone (Max) mentions my name :P

I didn`t have any meme`s available, so i create one myself. Now let me be you unwashed bastards....

HornetMaX

I knew I can always count on you Jamoz  :-*

Vini

No idea what is going on in this thread but it would be like a second golden age of MotoGP to have Pedrosa, Rossi, Lorenzo, Marquez and Stoner race against each other.

Stout Johnson

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Aernouts2

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2015, 10:37:46 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 11, 2015, 09:49:05 PM
Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 11, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
As long as he stays with his helmet on and doesn't talk to insult everyone in MotoGP I'm ok  ;D
Given the recent events, he'd just feel at home :)

Actually, recent news just prove he was 100% right:
- Rossi goes apeshit in the Sepang press conference and no one says a word
- Rossi pushes out a rider and is not DSQ
- Rossi is hand in glove with Don Carmelo
- Rossi fanboys are still attacking and insulting other riders: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/80850/1/stoner-slams-british-gp-fans.html

A theory could be that Stoner is preparing to come back as soon as Rossi will finally retire and MotoGP will return a place for real bike enthusiasts and not mindless fanboys.

Exactly my thoughts  :)
I am glad i can agree 100 % with the big boss  :-X

P.S
I wash my mouth with soap everytime before i enter this forum... so there is no problem there.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Guimengo on November 13, 2015, 08:01:53 AM
I don't know if I've followed F1 for too many years or other racing but it seems like some people want a supremely severe punishment for someone who just went wide on a corner.
For someone who just went intentionally wide on a corner. That little word changes everything.

Just ask yourself: if roles were reversed, if it was Marquez pushing Rossi out wide intentionally and ending his race, then would you say a penalty like "Marquez keep his 3rd place but starts last in the next race" would have been fair ?

Quote from: Guimengo on November 13, 2015, 08:01:53 AM
Ianonne in Phillip Island, going into the last corner, pushed too much and had to back off... forcing Valentino to back off and lose his huge momentum.
Not intentionally, different story.