• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:01:51 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Issue with map.bat not working

Started by bison160, November 08, 2015, 08:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bison160

Hey guys,

So Im trying to get a basic track in game. I followed steps that I could find and created a Heightmap 4097x4097 IBM Raw file. (also tried 2049) and set up the HMF as basic as possible. I put the files in a folder as you can see below and ran the map.bat to generate the .map file. It opens, sits there for a minute, closes. But, No .map file. Any idea's on where I'm going wrong. Ive been trouble shooting this for a couple hours after working on project all day so I'm sure its something dumb im overlooking, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PiBoSo

November 08, 2015, 11:47:37 AM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:50:58 AM by PiBoSo
Could you please post the content of the files map.bat and params.ini?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

bison160

Yep. They are copied from the example track download. No edits.

PiBoSo

Quote from: bison160 on November 08, 2015, 04:23:28 PM
Yep. They are copied from the example track download. No edits.

With this BAT the MAP file is generated in the "example" folder.
There are 2 options:
1) create the "example" directory
2) change the BAT file to something like "terrained.exe track.hmf lernerville.map params.ini"
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

bison160

OK thanks, Not real familiar with batch files but as soon as I saw that example/example string I figured that was probably the issue. I tried changing it to lernerville/lernerville.map, and it didn't work, obviously because there is no lernerville folder in the root lernerville folder.

Thanks for getting me squared away. Excited to see what new issues I have now that I'm past this one...haha