• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:44:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Not another Superbike 2001 thread ::)

Started by Napalm Nick, November 18, 2015, 01:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

November 18, 2015, 01:07:08 PM Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:15:41 PM by Napalm Nick
When a developer builds a bike game it is prudent to do some homework and probably learn from the best through history (EA Sports Superbike 2001 I reckon), then take all the best bits and make an even better version.

So what the feck has happened in the last 14 years? Reams and reams of dire crap? (GPBikes aside of course).

I think I know why.   Its because they have to cater for the intelligent simmer and the bonehead arcader (lol that's a joke calm down).

So the resultant crapfest is the 'caters to the most people' result.

Here is a review of SBK2001 I had to share....

Quote" Well, what can we say about this game, it almost makes you want to play it because of its fantastic cover and the fact that Superbike racing is fast and furious. You get onto the game, great music, great screen, great setup. But as you start the game, one thing hits you, "I cant turn the corners". You have another go and another until you realise you have to slow down to do it. O.K. you try slowing down, you make the corner but how boring is it? It is nothing without the speed and pure enjoyment of throwing a motorbike around a 180* corner at 200mph. Not that addictive". ~C~x~x~x~x~

I mean WTF! Shouldn't we be allowed to shoot these people legally?

(Name changed to protect the amoeba)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Sims aimed for the hardcore simmers don't sell as much as simcades aimed at regular folks with a xbox
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Absolutely right.

So what you are saying is all Xbox owners who play racing games should also be shot?

Hmmm harsh Boeren, harsh, but I could go with it, yeh.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 18, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
I mean WTF! Shouldn't we be allowed to shoot these people legally?
What, you mean we aren't ? Oh shit ...  ;D

Napalm Nick