• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:54:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Front Fork Oil Level

Started by Yohji, November 19, 2015, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on November 20, 2015, 05:58:36 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 20, 2015, 05:40:59 PM
Yes keep up Bob lol its simple hahaha! Not.
Programmers always tend have a weird way of thinking about things. Lol.  ;D

But yes it is rather confusing considering the setting indicates "Oil" level in the forks; would hope Piboso would simply change the name to "Air" level unless he wants to reverse the logic in the code?  ;)

Thanks for letting us know Piboso.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Programmers?  ???
This is how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/v/glG3gUjxjEU

Oil level is measured from the top  ::)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 20, 2015, 08:00:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 20, 2015, 05:58:36 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 20, 2015, 05:40:59 PM
Yes keep up Bob lol its simple hahaha! Not.
Programmers always tend have a weird way of thinking about things. Lol.  ;D

But yes it is rather confusing considering the setting indicates "Oil" level in the forks; would hope Piboso would simply change the name to "Air" level unless he wants to reverse the logic in the code?  ;)

Thanks for letting us know Piboso.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Programmers?  ???
This is how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/v/glG3gUjxjEU

Oil level is measured from the top  ::)

Programmers having a weird way of thinking about things..... Surely you must have heard this in the past Piboso? If not I'd be surprised. That's what makes programmers good at what they do because they think in a very logical and literal way, something most of us are not used to doing to the degree programmers do naturally. So I don't say this in a disrespectful way at all. In fact it is a compliment.  :)

Oil Measurement: Okay... I see the point and stand corrected; I apologise for my misunderstanding.  ;) 8)

However I'm sure you can also see that having the word "Oil" and then an adjustment in "mm's"  is confusing to the uninitiated in fork mechanics and therefore would possible benefit by a more graphical representation in a latter garage UI update?  :)

Hawk.

C21

November 20, 2015, 08:57:16 PM #17 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:09:55 PM by C21
In all service manuals for bikes the front fork oil level is stated as in GPB.
e.g.
Oil level 135 mm (5.31 in) ?
<Min.~Max.> 80~140 mm (3.15~5.51 in) ?
(From top of outer tube with inner tube
and damper rod fully compressed
without spring.)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Napalm Nick

Think that should be copied and pinned in a support section "Guide To Setups". As we learn other stuff it could be added too. I really think that would be a helpful idea. ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

One thing that would help people is having tooltips popping up when you mouse-over settings.
For fork oil: "Oil level: higher = less oil = softer, lower = more oil = stiffer".
Same for the other settings (where needed, e.g. Engine Brake).

Napalm Nick

+1 that Max - a guide needs to be found - pop-ups don't. The guide could have videos though for the short of cells like me.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"