• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:07:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Suspension travels

Started by h106frp, November 23, 2015, 12:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimura

November 24, 2015, 05:19:29 PM #15 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:23:46 PM by yoshimura
I respect the work but driving is not natural.
Based on the 990 is rotten, expect beta 8 can finally be a good working basis ::)

HornetMaX

@Yohji: in the .geom you're missing pressure_center2 with respect to the stock murasama (I don't know what it does though).

h106frp

Decided that the V2 bike behaves very strangely, but i do like the V1 version. Not sure what you changed at the front or whether its due to the smoothed gearbox but it does seem difficult to hold a line on the V2 model.

Vini

The new gearbox works brilliantly!
You can brake later and accelerate harder.
Plus, now you can properly revmatch manually if you'd want to.

I really want to try it out in a race, a server with version two installed would be ncie.

Yohji

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 24, 2015, 08:28:39 PM
@Yohji: in the .geom you're missing pressure_center2 with respect to the stock murasama (I don't know what it does though).
I used BikeED, when save with it, it parameta has gone. I will insert manually.

Yohji

November 25, 2015, 02:39:03 PM #20 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:47:29 PM by Yohji
V3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8z1c8mntGtLQ1I1WjBGVk51SDg/view?usp=sharing

now I edit RC990, but if I could, I challenging to make a RCV1000R(or RC213V-RS) bike, if I get these model.

yoshimura

November 25, 2015, 03:14:44 PM #21 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:26:12 PM by yoshimura
the bike is smoother curve rapidly, and many more live in tight curve,the front gives the impression of a problem under braking(big braking)
pleasant to drive.(compared with the original version)

Vini

November 27, 2015, 02:37:59 AM #22 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:01:29 AM by vin97
Oh, seems that you have to be careful on the downshifting at some corners.

Just destroyed my engine two times at the Fuchsröhre (Nordschleife) when downshifting from 6th to 4th :D

Once again, we probably need more advanced slipper clutch controls to avoid this and get the smooth downshifts MotoGP are able to bikes do.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 27, 2015, 02:37:59 AM
Oh, seems that you have to be careful on the downshifting at some corners.

Just destroyed my engine two times at the Fuchsröhre (Nordschleife) when downshifting from 6th to 4th :D

Once again, we probably need more advanced slipper clutch controls to avoid this and get the smooth downshifts MotoGP are able to bikes do.
I think all the elements we need are there, it's all in the tuning of the slipper clutch.

Vini

So, you say, it's already possible to get the smooth seamless downshifting where you almost cannot distinguish the individual gear changes?

I thought engine brake and clutch controls for downshifting was still seperated to some degree.

Well, even better then :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 27, 2015, 09:40:09 AM
So, you say, it's already possible to get the smooth seamless downshifting where you almost cannot distinguish the individual gear changes?
That's shouldn't be too difficult: push the EB control far enough and reduce shifting timing (as Yohji did). But you'll have little engine brake.
I guess the difficulty is in finding the right compromise: you still want some engine braking when downshifting, but not too much.
Right now in-game we can only act on the EB setting, but modder can act on it and on the slipper clutch parameters.

Quote from: vin97 on November 27, 2015, 09:40:09 AM
I thought engine brake and clutch controls for downshifting was still seperated to some degree.
EB and slipper clutch are separate, but that shouldn't be a big problem.
One has just to ensure that the setting of the two make sense together.

Vini

Interesting.

Where do you configure the clutch and engine brake?

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 27, 2015, 06:55:56 PM
Where do you configure the clutch and engine brake?

In the bike .cfg file:

• ecu section, EngineBraking subsection
  • plus engine section, Clutch subsection (Slipper, MaxAngle, MaxSlip)

h106frp

December 03, 2015, 07:12:28 PM #28 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:15:46 PM by h106frp
An idiots guide to rear suspension anti-squat design.  :)

http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk/how-it-works/swingarm-geometry/

http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk/how-it-works/swing-arms-1/2/

It would be nice is bikeED could display these geometry lines to assist with adjustment.