• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:34:36 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Steer KDamping value

Started by h106frp, November 26, 2015, 10:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 28, 2015, 11:32:07 AM
Thanks for the info,

Something very odd with 'DamperPower' raising it (tried 1.9 but haven't worked through all the values) leads rapidly to cores, lowering it even below 1 seem to have a positive effect on the bikes cornering with less front washouts  and the shakes do not seem to get worse ??? - now knowing how this value is fed back to steer torque i am starting to wonder.......
Smells bad. Up to PiBoso.

BOBR6 84

I had this a while ago.. played around with the damper values (no idea what the max-min values are for anything) game kept crashing lol. so i leave everything well alone now lol  :P

h106frp

November 28, 2015, 11:57:30 PM #17 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:52:50 PM by h106frp
Messing around a lot and trying to work out why the damper values seem so useless - its even possible to get negative damping which seems very odd (for a damper).

But i have noticed in the steer section the mass is reported as 11Kg

The chassis is < 100kg and the front and rear suspension are 5kg and 8kg respectively.

This would seem very high for the bar assembly. Guessing i dropped the value to 1.1kg - steering is quicker and the wild steering oscillations subdued.

Any ideas how the masses are derived?

Thanks

Any idea what 'KYaw' is, does not seem to do anything in particular in 1P but i do run a high value of controller direct steer.