• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 09:57:57 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Drawdistance

Started by HornetMaX, November 29, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

In-game it has 3 possible values (low/med/high). At high it corresponds to 1000.0 (m, likely) which is not enough for many tracks (e.g. aragon, spa, ...).
We can edit the profile.ini and change it manully (I usually put it at 100000.0) but as soon as in-game we go into the settings screen, the value is overridden. Very annoying.

Simple solution: have high correspond to much more than 1000.0 (100000.0 would do it).

CapeDoctor

MaX, i've often wondered about the drawdistance myself, and am interested in the fact that you can still edit it manually.
may i ask what is the entry for this, assuming it goes in the gpbikes.ini file?

C21

QuoteThe only thing that matters for your problem is the drawdistance in your profile.ini ([gfx] section).
By default is 1000 (1Km), and you see the 'curtain effect'. I have it on 100000 (100Km).
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on November 30, 2015, 07:39:16 AM
QuoteThe only thing that matters for your problem is the drawdistance in your profile.ini ([gfx] section).
By default is 1000 (1Km), and you see the 'curtain effect'. I have it on 100000 (100Km).
I know that (as I wrote it), but the manual setting goes away as soon as you go into GPB settings page. Very annoying.

C21

QuoteThanks MaX neat tip,
Set it to 10,000 and the distant tree line is fine now -
????
Do i understand correctly?
Setting manually to 10000 works as long as the setting menu is NOT opened ingame?!
Do i enter the setting menu to alter the noise level (for example) the value is set back to 1000 although the profile.ini is set to 10000....

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on November 30, 2015, 07:57:53 AM
Do i enter the setting menu to alter the noise level (for example) the value is set back to 1000 although the profile.ini is set to 10000....
The profile.ini gets overwritten anytime you go to/exit from the settings screen, so even if you put 10,000 in the profile, next time you go in the settings, it will be overwritten to 1,000.

C21

CapeDoctor

December 05, 2015, 06:13:12 AM #7 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:17:28 AM by CapeDoctor
MaX and all,
the ini file re-setting each time you make changes in the settings can be circumvented by marking that profile.ini file as read only.
the drawback to this is that each time you start the game, things like your rider outfit/helmet/bike/skin etc will default back to the setting it was when you made it read-only.
still, i find this much better than going into the ini file each time, as you can still change bike, etc as per normal while in-game.
maybe you figured this already, but just an fyi, in any case ;)

edit: of course, it's best to make a note to remind yourself you made this change, lol  ;D

HornetMaX

Yeah but I don't want that, I often play around with other stuff in the profile.

CapeDoctor

of course, of course - each to his own.  ;)
just throwing it out there, either way  ;D