• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:08:00 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Maybe no one noticed...

Started by PiBoSo, December 16, 2013, 11:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

... but starting with Beta4 all physics files are unencrypted.
So if you are not happy with the contents, please note there is the possibility to add all the bikes you want.

Scooters anyone, pretty please?

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

_oDi_

oh... great news! Wow.

Trofeo Polini is coming....  :D

RiccoChicco

It was THE thing I was waiting for, so of course I noticed it  ;D

I started to play with these files (tyres and engine in particular). Quite hard to understand, the modifications I made weren't very good (who says unrideable bike?  :P)

Do you plan to make a documentation about it in the future?  :)

PiBoSo

December 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM #3 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:11:03 PM by PiBoSo
Documentation and tools will come at some point.

In the meantime, a very quick tutorial to at least have one new bike to experiment with.
1: Unpack bikes.pkz
2: make a copy of "varese_v594" ( it's an easier bike to start with )
3: assign the new bike an ID, for example "testbike"
4: rename the new folder to "testbike"
5: in the new folder, rename "varese_v594.ini" to "testbike.ini" ( the INI file MUST have the same name of the folder, that is the ID )
6: open testbike.ini and change the name and shortname
7: rename "varese_v594.cfg" to "testbike.cfg" ( again, the CFG file MUST be named as the ID )
8: open "testbike.cfg" ( it's a text file, like all other physics files ) and change the first ID to the correct one, in this case "testbike".
9: ??
10: profit

Some notes:
The CFG is the main file, that "glues" all the other physics files together, and sets all the mechanical, rider and aerodynamic data.
The GEOM file defines all the geometric properties of the bike: link points, center of mass position, rake angle, suspensions movement, collision shapes, and so on.
The ENGN file defines the on and off-throttle torque curves. The units are RPS and Nm ( will probably be changed to RPM in the future ).
The TYRES files define the tyre properties. It is not recommended to change them, unless you really know what you are doing.

RiccoChicco

Thank you for the info, I will give it a try!

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Hawk

Thanks Piboso... This is what we need to get us started in understanding what does what and how it works, etc, etc .

More quick guides on other aspects of modding GP Bikes please. ;D

PeterV

Did have a quick go, and works perfect so far, now for the tweaking off engine,et,etc

Hawk

This could mean more work for Dedicated Server Admins who organise races, especially championships..... I mean if anyone can alter the physics files, then what's to stop someone making super sticky tyres, or handling that is way above and beyond what would be possible in real life?

I can only presume that in organised events that the server admin will have a physics file check and match routine to stop antics described above?

I hope some server admins can enlighten us on this subject? :)

Alby46

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 16, 2013, 11:08:36 AM

So if you are not happy with the contents, please note there is the possibility to add all the bikes you want.

so unlimited bikes? :D
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PiBoSo

RiccoChicco

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM

In the meantime, a very quick tutorial to at least have one new bike to experiment with.
5: in the new folder, rename "varese_v594.ini" to "testbike.ini" ( the INI file MUST have the same name of the folder, that is the ID )
7: rename "varese_v594.cfg" to "testbike.cfg" ( again, the CFG file MUST be named as the ID )
8: open "testbike.cfg" ( it's a text file, like all other physics files ) and change the first ID to the correct one, in this case "testbike".

Some notes:
The CFG is the main file, that "glues" all the other physics files together, and sets all the mechanical, rider and aerodynamic data.
The GEOM file defines all the geometric properties of the bike: link points, center of mass position, rake angle, suspensions movement, collision shapes, and so on.
The ENGN file defines the on and off-throttle torque curves. The units are RPS and Nm ( will probably be changed to RPM in the future ).
The TYRES files define the tyre properties. It is not recommended to change them, unless you really know what you are doing.

After trying it, just noticed something :

We can add slots?  :o I currently have 6!  :o

PiBoSo

December 16, 2013, 02:04:23 PM #12 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:11:20 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: RiccoChicco on December 16, 2013, 01:59:31 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM

Some notes:

After trying it, just noticed something :

We can add slots?  :o I currently have 6!  :o

You should have 5: the 4 originals + the new one.

Is this "slots" thing going to haunt GP Bikes forever?
You can add all the bikes you want, up to 200 total.

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 16, 2013, 01:38:17 PM
This could mean more work for Dedicated Server Admins who organise races, especially championships..... I mean if anyone can alter the physics files, then what's to stop someone making super sticky tyres, or handling that is way above and beyond what would be possible in real life?

I can only presume that in organised events that the server admin will have a physics file check and match routine to stop antics described above?

I hope some server admins can enlighten us on this subject? :)

No server admin here...but i tried connecting to a server with altered physics bike and it said something like..."bike not known by server".
This means that the files have to be on the server side to work, i presume, and that would make sence. Otherwise everyone good alter physics to their needs for the same bike we are all on at the moment.

Alby46

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 16, 2013, 11:08:36 AM

how do we edit the physics file? anyway, i don't like scooters, i would prefere a malaguti fifty top/full/hf
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)