• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Road Car Oddness

Started by teeds, November 26, 2015, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

November 26, 2015, 04:29:09 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:32:33 PM by teeds
Running the Road car at Victoria last night myself and a friend had a problem with the gears and throttle. We could pull away ok and change up gears no problem, but as soon as you change down a gear the car goes into neutral and locks the throttle at 50% until you stop the car then it all returns to normal again until you change down another gear. While it's doing this all gear and throttle input is ignored, anyone know what is going on? Others seem to use this car ok.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

Could be Nick, cheers -

"- there are known problems with the shift helper on the SL RD2" - although "think" I turned shift help off, will confirm later.

teeds

Quote from: teeds on November 26, 2015, 04:51:48 PM
Could be Nick, cheers -

"- there are known problems with the shift helper on the SL RD2" - although "think" I turned shift help off, will confirm later.

Yes this was it, now I know the name of that car ;)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

December 11, 2015, 10:44:00 PM #5 Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:46:02 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: teeds on November 26, 2015, 04:51:48 PM
Could be Nick, cheers -

This is a sim, so just don't use the shift help and then there is no problem at all.  ;)

Just make sure to follow some rules when shifting ... like you would have to do with that car in real life. I tried to put it into words here...

Just practice it with shift help off and there will be no problem. I gave these instructions to a friend (don't want to give his name here ;)) who also wanted to give up on this car. After he practiced it, he mastered it quickly. It actually is my favorite car in this sim, especially on this track ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PeterV

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 11, 2015, 10:44:00 PM

I gave these instructions to a friend (don't want to give his name here ;)) who also wanted to give up on this car. After he practiced it, he mastered it quickly.

You have a friend? I thought you only hung around in leather bars and truck stops?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PeterV on December 12, 2015, 08:45:59 AM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 11, 2015, 10:44:00 PM

I gave these instructions to a friend (don't want to give his name here ;)) who also wanted to give up on this car. After he practiced it, he mastered it quickly.

You have a friend? I thought you only hung around in leather bars and truck stops?

LOL, is that your coming out?  :P
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------